Mod Help

Feb 22, 2022 at 5:01 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I'm new, and I'm using Cave Editor. What do I use to transfer from room to room, like a door?

Feb 22, 2022 at 10:24 PM
"Huzzah!"
map transition is done through scripting - specifically the <TRA command. you assign an event number to a door (or whatever entity you're using, it can be pretty much anything), make sure it's interactable, open the script tab, and under the door's event number write '<TRA' plus its arguments - i believe it's <TRA[number of the map you're going to]:[event that will run once you enter the new map (the 0090 events in vanilla)]:[x coord]:[y coord].

keep in mind that:

- all argument numbers must be 4 digits long (you can add 0 to the front to buffer it out)
- event numbers also have to be 4 digits long and start with a #
- event numbers also also have to be in numerical order in the script tab
- there's a few more commands usually used in map transition - <FAO (fades the screen out), for example, but you can always check vanilla scripts for reference

hope this helps!

Feb 22, 2022 at 11:43 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
If you want more info, there's also a tutorial that I created almost 10 years ago on how to use doors:

Feb 23, 2022 at 12:53 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
map transition is done through scripting - specifically the <TRA command. you assign an event number to a door (or whatever entity you're using, it can be pretty much anything), make sure it's interactable, open the script tab, and under the door's event number write '<TRA' plus its arguments - i believe it's <TRA[number of the map you're going to]:[event that will run once you enter the new map (the 0090 events in vanilla)]:[x coord]:[y coord].

keep in mind that:

- all argument numbers must be 4 digits long (you can add 0 to the front to buffer it out)
- event numbers also have to be 4 digits long and start with a #
- event numbers also also have to be in numerical order in the script tab
- there's a few more commands usually used in map transition - <FAO (fades the screen out), for example, but you can always check vanilla scripts for reference

hope this helps!
Thanks!! This basically covered everything I needed super quick, have a great day and sorry for my delay!

If you want more info, there's also a tutorial that I created almost 10 years ago on how to use doors:
I did see that, but there were a lot of replies and I couldn't find the door part, the link will probably work though.