Mod: Caveoholic!'s recent addiction/The Origin of Evil (Final Version)

Jul 7, 2006 at 2:54 PM
"Huzzah!"
This is my final version of my mod witch I'm now calling "Origin of Evil" it does not edit the game from the begining but rather adds a new ending & the events leading up to it

in the download I have included of course the game & all it's neccsary files, sue's workshop, a hex editor & both of the tribute site's profile hacking guides, a list of TSC script commands, a list of sprite numbers, a guide & FAQ to NPC.tbl hacking, a list of simplified equations for NPC.tbl hacking, a guide to the <ANP command, & a profile that skips to the edited parts

It's also a self extracting .zip file so you don't need a zip program to open it

Newest version click here

Jul 11, 2006 at 3:50 AM
Chevan
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"
So, I'm guessing we're not supposed to be able to get to the Programmer's Maintenance Corridor?

Nice job overall, though. I like the mod.

Jul 11, 2006 at 1:28 PM
"Huzzah!"
there are dozens of secret ways to get in

it of course has nothing to do with the story but I included it both to make play-testing easier and as a highly secret area that you could possibly find while playing the game

Jul 11, 2006 at 3:25 PM
Been here way too long...
"..."
I thought it was a mistake in one of your other versions when I got in from a canadian fireplace.

Aug 21, 2006 at 1:09 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Uh... I downloaded it, but nothing seems to be changing. No extra monsters or anything...

EDIT: Oh, wait, sorry. It's just that I downloaded the wrong thing. I meant t odownload the extra difficulty mod thing.

Aug 25, 2006 at 9:37 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Final Version? Hardly. You've got some nasty typos in the edited parts.
In other words, the Outer wall (left) areas
And a save spot that will get you trapped.
the Save area just before the 'boss' fight with about 20 crazed mimigas. The breakaway blocks respawn when you load the save, and there's no way to jump and aim down due to real blocks being right above your head, thus trapping you. This is the Save spot IN the area, not the shiny wires.

Aug 27, 2006 at 1:59 AM
"Huzzah!"
ChimuKun said:
Final Version? Hardly. You've got some nasty typos in the edited parts.
In other words, the Outer wall (left) areas

typos? do you have an example? I don't really have much text for there to be typos in that area.

ChimuKun said:
And a save spot that will get you trapped.
the Save area just before the 'boss' fight with about 20 crazed mimigas. The breakaway blocks respawn when you load the save, and there's no way to jump and aim down due to real blocks being right above your head, thus trapping you. This is the Save spot IN the area, not the shiny wires.

Actually if you keep trying to fire down while jumping it will eventually work.
Also you could use the level 3 bubbler.

Aug 27, 2006 at 2:05 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
caveoholic! said:
typos? do you have an example? I don't really have much text for there to be typos in that area.

Actually if you keep trying to fire down while jumping it will eventually work.
Also you could use the level 3 bubbler.

One of the signs I think. It's only like a letter swap 'tpyo' kind if I remember correctly, it just sticks out like a sore thumb in full screen mode, as the text is huge.

lvl 3 bubbler? I didn't think of that, as for trying to fire down while jumping, the problem is the lack of space to jump.

doh. Now why in the WORLD did I delete the thing. Now I gotta redownload it >.<

EDIT: nevermind, just found it in my recycle bin. can still use my save now too ;)

EDIT: minor typo. Dead End sign is missing an e in 'sometimes'.

EDIT: Unless there's another sign, it must have been the shiney spot, which I can't activate the text to anymore. I coulda sworn there was another sign though.

Aug 27, 2006 at 2:22 AM
"Huzzah!"
ChimuKun said:
One of the signs I think. It's only like a letter swap 'tpyo' kind if I remember correctly, it just sticks out like a sore thumb in full screen mode, as the text is huge.

lvl 3 bubbler? I didn't think of that, as for trying to fire down while jumping, the problem is the lack of space to jump.

doh. Now why in the WORLD did I delete the thing. Now I gotta redownload it >.<

EDIT: nevermind, just found it in my recycle bin. can still use my save now too ;)

EDIT: minor typo. Dead End sign is missing an e in 'sometimes'.

EDIT: Unless there's another sign, it must have been the shiney spot, which I can't activate the text to anymore. I coulda sworn there was another sign though.

you can make a copy of the exe and read the script it's map no.102

Aug 27, 2006 at 5:58 AM
caveoholic! said:
you can make a copy of the exe and read the script it's map no.102

Yup, it's the wires. there's no h in 'sure'. ;)

Sep 15, 2006 at 1:47 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I can't get past heavy press in hell's nebula anymore. I got to the new ballos one time, but I got raped since I got the +24 missile box and didn't have any other decent weapons :p
Also I hadn't done the plantation at that point so I reloaded and went back and finished everything else. Now that I'm back in hell's nebula, every time I kill heavy press, the screen doesn't change when I jump down the hole - I just keep falling and die (sounds like I hit heavy press after it lands).

Sep 16, 2006 at 1:46 PM
"Huzzah!"
What did getting the +24 missile box do did you already have the infinite missle upgrade?

& how did you skip the plantation?

Sep 26, 2006 at 12:16 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Yes I had infinite missiles, until I got the +24 which set my max to 24 (hence the Ballos ownage).
I skipped the plantation by...
Climbing up the left outer wall, getting thrown into Canada by Misery, then once I got back on the island ran backwards through the egg corridor and straight back up the left side, kicked the crap through misery/doctor/undead core and launched off.

Oct 19, 2006 at 10:10 PM
Okay
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
I didn't understand. Where is that Outer Wall? in Moon stage?
Can you give me a screen shot ?

Oct 20, 2006 at 8:25 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
The download file comes with a Profile.dat saved where the edited game starts, you just have to rename it and you can start playing.

Oct 20, 2006 at 5:06 PM
Okay
DoubleThink said:
The download file comes with a Profile.dat saved where the edited game starts, you just have to rename it and you can start playing.
I am talking about the Outer Wall not the the profile file ;)

Oct 21, 2006 at 12:44 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Well once you load the profile (I think it's in the Egg Corridor?, I can't remember, if not go there), talk to the blue robot then walk left to where the wall is cracked, then you should get through.

Oct 21, 2006 at 5:54 PM
Okay
DoubleThink said:
Well once you load the profile (I think it's in the Egg Corridor?, I can't remember, if not go there), talk to the blue robot then walk left to where the wall is cracked, then you should get through.
;) .
Thank you :D . Such a Multi Thinking DoubleThink! :D