Mod about the forum

Apr 15, 2008 at 9:08 AM
Source Splicer, 2nd Class
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Are you still taking spritesheets, as well? I don't have anymore facepics to submit other than the initial 15 of mine right now, but I've got a spritesheet of my initially intended Internet persona, a Covenant Elite from Halo, using the Doctor boss battle's attack style.

The idea of its usage for this mod is that it's sort of like a practice battle to get the player ready for the true villian, only I'm unable to hold back because I've been 'hacked' or something...

Anyways, here it is. The one with the proper background for transparency is in the attached file. I only changed it here to show the head and hands of the boss.
CaveStorySangheiliSprites320x240.png

EDIT: Here's an example of what it would look like (Though my "Clone" before the battle actually begins isn't a part of the spritesheet itself)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03-qgumjrjI

Attachments

Apr 15, 2008 at 11:46 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
jcys810 said:
your generated one is the one with the hat?

Go look at the current Face.bmp by hunting through pages.

Oh yeah your right i forgot about that one ^^;

wow that boss(doctor clone) looks good in the video :p

Jul 29, 2008 at 8:24 AM
Source Splicer, 2nd Class
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Well, here goes my "perfect" posting record...

You know, I'd hate to bump this prematurely (Darn you, Dimenofff) but... Is this mod on hold, or is S.P. still waiting for more facepics from us?

xristosx said:
wow that boss(doctor clone) looks good in the video ;)
I know I'm over 2 months late with the response, but I appreciate it. It seems the reception isn't quite the same on YouTube, though...

Someone gave it a 2 & 1/2, another gave it a 4 (The stars showed 3 & 1/2), and now it's back down to the first rating again... Still, with the missing pixels on the foot when casting sparks, I should've expected as much.

(I fixed the sprite recently, but I won't mess with the video... It was just a test run, after all...)

Jul 29, 2008 at 12:04 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Hey Mr. Bump! I Sincerely Welcome You To Bump This Thread And Sp Alive From Their Graves! It's Time They Finish What's Undone And Should Be Done.

Jul 29, 2008 at 2:00 PM
Hoxtilicious
Pronouns: he/him
Stop bumping every thread. This thing is dead.

Jul 29, 2008 at 2:14 PM
The Bartender
"All your forum are belong to us!"
S. P. Gardebiter said:
Stop bumping every thread. This thing is dead.
Doesn't seem like the project having ended was very clear to anyone though. :)

Shame, seemed like a fun idea. Seeing as I'm working on multiple characters for my new hack, I'm pretty sure that could've been put to interesting and creative uses for this project.

Jul 30, 2008 at 8:47 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Aww Thy Sad Face Has Invaded Me Head!

Jul 31, 2008 at 12:06 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I will work on this mod someday as my first mod. But I want to either learn assembly or wait for Agora to be released first as I need custom bosses and 5 or 6 different endings (Agora would be best). Roonil will be the main character. I will wait until I know I can accomplish what I plan to do with this mod. There are holes in the story (it is all in my head at the moment) but I hope to fill the blanks as I go (when I start at least). I have big plans for this mod, lets hope I can fill those expectations.

Consider this mod to be on an indefinite hiatus.

Jul 31, 2008 at 2:16 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
JacobX891 said:
There must be Chaco and me and there must be, be, be, be, be.... um... uh... um, RELATIONS, between, me, and, her, and........ and also me and her, and..... yes, and, yeah, so, yes, so that must, uh, be included, sorry but, uh, must... must recommend... um... yeah, so... yes...
Sorry Jacob, there won't be any Cave Story cameos, so no Chaco. :(

But as I said, I probably won't produce anything until Agora is released.

Jul 31, 2008 at 2:50 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Jul 31, 2008 at 3:47 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
andwhyisit said:
I will work on this mod someday as my first mod. But I want to either learn assembly or wait for Agora to be released first as I need custom bosses and 5 or 6 different endings (Agora would be best). Roonil will be the main character. I will wait until I know I can accomplish what I plan to do with this mod. There are holes in the story (it is all in my head at the moment) but I hope to fill the blanks as I go (when I start at least). I have big plans for this mod, lets hope I can fill those expectations.

Consider this mod to be on an indefinite hiatus.
So are other users still able to contribute some... er... contributions or not? >_>
And what's the story you have in mind like? <_<

Also in before 2.5K post count

Jul 31, 2008 at 5:49 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
DoubleThink said:
So are other users still able to contribute some... er... contributions or not? >_>
And what's the story you have in mind like? <_<

Also in before 2.5K post count
Oh I never noticed, go me!

Anyway the idea is that the Modiar (originally called "modder") is a device that can recreate the world as the user sees fit. Though it has a bit of a mind of its own, meaning that for anything the user doesn't specify it fills it in for them from their subconscious mind.

Anyway the whole game is about a battle for control over the Modiar but this isn't evident until halfway through the game. The person seeking control of the Modiar is known as Seven who hires Kageryushin (who leads the forum assassins) to capture the last user of the Modiar because unknown to even himself he contains the knowledge of how to correctly work the modiar. It is not along his line of work but Kage accepts it due to the high reward on the other end, too bad that Seven betrays him and leaves him for dead though. Problem is that Shi's village (north of Forum) was in the line of fire when this happened, so Roonil sets out for Forum and the assassins hideout to confront them.

I don't have the time to type this all out so I'll finish it later

Jul 31, 2008 at 5:57 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
andwhyisit said:
Oh I never noticed, go me!

Anyway the idea is that the Modiar (originally called "modder") is a device that can recreate the world as the user sees fit. Though it has a bit of a mind of its own, meaning that for anything the user doesn't specify it fills it in for them from their subconscious mind.

Anyway the whole game is about a battle for control over the Modiar but this isn't evident until halfway through the game. The person seeking control of the Modiar is known as Seven who hires Kageryushin (who leads the forum assassins) to capture the last user of the Modiar because unknown to even himself he contains the knowledge of how to correctly work the modiar. It is not along his line of work but Kage accepts it due to the high reward on the other end, too bad that Seven betrays him and leaves him for dead though. Problem is that Shi's village (north of Forum) was in the line of fire when this happened, so Roonil sets out for Forum and the assassins hideout to confront them.

I don't have the time to type this all out so I'll finish it later
But everyone dies because of DeathSpikes right before the end of the game. :(

Jul 31, 2008 at 6:59 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Orangedawg said:
But everyone dies because of DeathSpikes right before the end of the game. :(
As I said, there will be 5 or 6 different endings. Though in one of the bad endings the modiar creates a flawed version of the original world (our world) because Roonil screws up. Now there are two ideas for this ending.

1) Forum members start going offline one-by-one then you'll see that Roonil forgot to remove the forum assassins when recreating our world. Everyone dies.

2) Planet is dominated by catgirls/catboys. Roonil has a major freakout.

Jul 31, 2008 at 7:38 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
andwhyisit said:
As I said, there will be 5 or 6 different endings. Though in one of the bad endings the modiar creates a flawed version of the original world (our world) because Roonil screws up. Now there are two ideas for this ending.

1) Forum members start going offline one-by-one then you'll see that Roonil forgot to remove the forum assassins when recreating our world. Everyone dies.

funny thing no 1 keeps happening for me x_x.... they keep chasing me but im beating them off me with a stick! NO ONE SHALL BEAT ME WHILE THIS STICK IS IN MY POSSESSION!

Jul 31, 2008 at 2:26 PM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
OMFG I thought this thing was dead and never checked it for days, and now I see myself as protagonist. O_O
andwhyisit said:
in one of the bad endings the modiar creates a flawed version of the original world (our world) because Roonil screws up. Now there are two ideas for this ending.

2) Planet is dominated by catgirls/catboys. Roonil has a major freakout.
1. You can't not bring that argument all over the place, can you? :|
Matters not though, I like it. XD

2. ...excluding me coz I turned out to be the one that hired them in the first place. XD
That'd be cool.

But knowing you, you won't hesitate to shorten the part of the best from the cast. lolz

3. Girls, maybe. Coz I **** them first before killing them. Metalogz can keep the guys.

Jul 31, 2008 at 4:09 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
andwhyisit said:

This mod sounds epic! I sure hope you develop this idea into a mod someday.

But are you seriously going to wait for Agora Legends to be released? That could take a while...

Aug 1, 2008 at 12:56 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Roonil Wazlib said:
OMFG I thought this thing was dead and never checked it for days, and now I see myself as protagonist. O_O

1. You can't not bring that argument all over the place, can you? :|
Matters not though, I like it. XD
Thanks. This is the one the is stuck in my mind the most.

Roonil Wazlib said:
2. ...excluding me coz I turned out to be the one that hired them in the first place. XD
That'd be cool.

But knowing you, you won't hesitate to shorten the part of the best from the cast. lolz

3. Girls, maybe. Coz I **** them first before killing them. Metalogz can keep the guys.
I meant that every human on the planet has become a catgirl/catboy including Metalogz and everyone else apart from you. This is meant to be one of the bad endings after all.

Aug 1, 2008 at 6:53 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
POSSIBLE CAST LIST?

Protagonist: Roonil Wazlib (Ronald Weasley in the Half-Blood Prince :o)
Catgirl Saver: xristosx (Nyaaa~)
Spammer: Metalogz (lmfaojdyghoserhoanfgpstyafj)
Troll: JacobX891 (CAPS LOCK)
Antagonist: Kageryushin (angst)
Brains: DoubleThink, Runelancer (:D)
Mental Patient: Orangedawg (Death Story, anyone?)
Corner Emo: jcys810 (*/wrist*)
Forum Assasin: andwhyisit (YOU MURDERERRRRR)
Victims: Softmints, Shmitz, Osmose, caveoholic, Wistil, SkyeWelse, etc. (They died; got a life)
Mysterious Guy: Dragonboots (I'd rather not elaborate)
Delivery Boy: Lyger (Got the idea from the word Rush)
Drug Abuser: GearStrike (Crack seems like a drug to me)
Assembler: S.P. Gardebiter (I 'unno, thought it'd be pretty funny to see SP as someone who has to assemble stuff and send orders)
He Who Beholds the ______: Bad Beholder

Back