Mixed Story

Jan 30, 2009 at 11:41 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
You play as a young boy, who, to avoid the apocalypse, got him and his family into a teleporter and transported themselves to a new dimension, one known as "Portal". There, his grandfather owns a workshop and he lives alone in a house, his family missing.
Meanwhile, the Cave Story universe is collapsing due to this sudden change in events. Your job? Save the Cave Story universe and find your family.

Link:Mixed Story V. 0.3

Screenshots:
p52645-0-noubef.png

p52645-1-15p5wmo.png

p52645-2-258y0ch.png

Jan 31, 2009 at 1:16 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Well, I now just played a little bit of your mod and wow... it could use some work.

Some of the bats in the first area aren't like some of the...other bats. They only just fly a tiny space up, then back down, unlike the other bats who'll fly like those in Cave Story.

Holy Crap! Those blue squishy things coming down from the ceiling after getting my gun scared the hell out of me! D;

People who do not really take notice that the door can attack you will just waltz up to it and get themselves killed. You should really show some sign that the door is evil and a monster, such as giving it maybe... something like evil eyes and sharp teeth. ;D

Alright, I go and talk to King when he's laying down on the ground, and I notice the facepic. It's not bad, but if you ever need a facepic don't be afraid to ask someone here to make one for you. Also, when talking with King, he never finishes one of his sentences. It had something to do about the universe of Cave Story, I think.

I go into the Sky Pond area and Save place, and when I exit I am falling down through bare sky. By the way, I know the village is suppose to be in the sky and all, but maybe you could put a warning sign before the little ledge where you could fall off if your not careful.

Speaking of signs, I looked at the one that said where each little place is and all that, such as Resevoir <-- and all that... well, you need to change that and make it more accurate. The resevoir...uh, Sky Pond, is not to the left of the village, it is north or well, up.

The graphics could be worked on more. And I kinda found it cheap to use the original Cave Story maps, even if you changed little things about them. And maybe try editing the bats and all, and making them into new, original monsters...?

Jan 31, 2009 at 1:38 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Well, I now just played a little bit of your mod and wow... it could use some work.
I know, I'm not perfect at it.

Some of the bats in the first area aren't like some of the...other bats. They only just fly a tiny space up, then back down, unlike the other bats who'll fly like those in Cave Story.
They're supposed to get in your way. Lol.

Holy Crap! Those blue squishy things coming down from the ceiling after getting my gun scared the hell out of me! D;
IT'S A TRAP.

People who do not really take notice that the door can attack you will just waltz up to it and get themselves killed. You should really show some sign that the door is evil and a monster, such as giving it maybe... something like evil eyes and sharp teeth. ;D
The three bar things on it disappear. Easily noticeable.

Alright, I go and talk to King when he's laying down on the ground, and I notice the facepic. It's not bad, but if you ever need a facepic don't be afraid to ask someone here to make one for you. Also, when talking with King, he never finishes one of his sentences. It had something to do about the universe of Cave Story, I think.
I suck at facepics. :rolleyes:
Oh yeah, here's what King was supposed to say:
"The game has changed. The Cave Story Universe is different."

go into the Sky Pond area and Save place, and when I exit I am falling down through bare sky. By the way, I know the village is suppose to be in the sky and all, but maybe you could put a warning sign before the little ledge where you could fall off if your not careful.
Hey, there is ground where you fall, isn't there? If I hadn't added that, a glitch would occour and you'd be stuck.

Speaking of signs, I looked at the one that said where each little place is and all that, such as Resevoir <-- and all that... well, you need to change that and make it more accurate. The resevoir...uh, Sky Pond, is not to the left of the village, it is north or well, up.
But I LIKE the Sky Pond there.

The graphics could be worked on more. And I kinda found it cheap to use the original Cave Story maps, even if you changed little things about them. And maybe try editing the bats and all, and making them into new, original monsters...?

Will do. The bats will become...UMBRELLAS. :D
And the Sky Town, it's WAY different from the Mimiga Village.
I'm planning on making King and the others different, unique people.

Jan 31, 2009 at 2:17 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
This is pretty good.

My main concern is whether or not you will continue working on it, or just abandon it.

Second, if you do continue, please fix those darn bugs. (Such as sentences not finishing, the storehouse ceiling trapping you, the background, and whatnot.)

Third, I have no third comment. I just hope this doesn't become an abandoned mod, because it seems to have potential.

Jan 31, 2009 at 2:37 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Oh, and I forgot to add... when I enter King's Shack, before going to Sky Pond and all, I can't get out at all. The door is slightly to high up. D;