Mimiga facial hair?

Aug 24, 2018 at 8:59 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
While working on my mod, i had the idea of making a mimiga resemble a middle-aged trucker, which then made me ask the question: Could a mimiga even grow facial hair? I mean like, i guess they have whiskers, but other than that i have no idea

Aug 24, 2018 at 9:12 PM
Org Discord Admin
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Well, obviously fur counts as facial hair.

Jokes aside, in Cave Story there are no spotted Mimigas, so, biologically, they probably have only one color of their fur (on a Mimiga, not all Mimigas). That means dark facial hair on a Mimiga is ruled out. (though, you can always include spotted Mimigas and say that that particular one has some black/brown/whatever facial hair.)
Another option would probably be making the fur longer on some parts, so it hints on age. Like, maybe a pseudo-beard? Longer fur on the ears?

Aug 24, 2018 at 9:16 PM
Piyo Piyo Discord Admin
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Well the only Mimiga that I saw a "hair-like" is Sue and Su-. But if you want to really make the hair, it have to be the Mimiga's fur color.

Aug 24, 2018 at 9:24 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Toroko (CS+) and Itoh (CS+) have hairlike patterns on their facepics, too

Aug 25, 2018 at 7:08 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
i would go with what metallic said, something like a curlier bit on the chin. or bushier sideburns. a color differentiation feels like it would seem weird to me.

Aug 25, 2018 at 3:10 PM
CSE Discord Admin
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
...Doesn't Santa have big black eyebrows?

Aug 25, 2018 at 3:18 PM
Org Discord Admin
...Doesn't Santa have big black eyebrows?
I'd say that it's just a specific artistic expression for tired characters. Facepics of other Mimigas don't show any eyebrows. Maybe.
I do have to note that Sue and Itoh are the only characters that definitely have unnaturally colored hair/fur (maybe because they aren't actually Mimiga). Sue has black eyelashes (?) and Itoh has eyebrows.

Aug 25, 2018 at 4:12 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Chaco has countershading