Midi to ogg converter

Mar 15, 2016 at 4:59 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hi, does anyone know of an older program that converts midis to oggs? I want to get one on disc from ebay or something. Can't beat discs :)

Mar 15, 2016 at 5:01 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Hi, does anyone know of an older program that converts midis to oggs? I want to get one on disc from ebay or something. Can't beat discs :)
one google search and I found one for free online

Mar 15, 2016 at 5:03 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I want one that's on disc.

Mar 15, 2016 at 5:18 AM
Its dark in here
out of curiosity, why do you want one that is on a disc?

Amazon may be a better place to ask and look than the cstsf

Mar 15, 2016 at 12:10 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
buy a blank cd and burn it yourself then wonderchild

Mar 16, 2016 at 1:30 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Because I don't dare download any program these days, also I do my game design stuff on an Xp computer which older programs tend to be more compatible with, and I prefer to have a manufactured physical copy. I do plan to buy it from Amazon or whatever once I know the name. http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=105989

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2016 at 1:59 AM
Its dark in here
the one I linked you didn't even have to download... it converted it online and emailed it to you

Mar 16, 2016 at 2:27 AM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Because I don't dare download any program these days, also I do my game design stuff on an Xp computer which older programs tend to be more compatible with, and I prefer to have a manufactured physical copy. I do plan to buy it from Amazon or whatever once I know the name. http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=105989

If you don't mind me asking, why do you not dare to download any applications off of the internet?

Mar 16, 2016 at 2:50 AM
Its dark in here
Mar 16, 2016 at 4:01 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Seriously man. I typed 'midi to ogg xp' into Google and got programs compatible with everything.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2016 at 1:29 PM
Based Member
You're only going to continue to struggle more in this day and age if you continue to cling to Windows XP, considering that mainstream support ended almost 2 years ago. Just saying. You're also not going to be very productive if you're too afraid to download files from the internet, because distribution of software on physical media is dying out. I know that Avast! antivirus is still supporting Windows XP for another year, so you can use that to scan any files you download for malicious content. You can also download a program called sandboxie which allows you to run potentially suspicious programs in an isolated area which prevents them from doing any real damage to your computer. I'd recommend stepping out of your comfort zone and trying something from the internet, because it's much easier than buying a physical CD.

Mar 19, 2016 at 4:55 PM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
My best guess is to convert a midi to mp3 or wav, then convert said mp3 or wav to an ogg file. Other than that, you're out of luck.

Mar 24, 2016 at 2:39 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Your best bet is to download a program called Synthfont, so you can edit the midi yourself and convert it to an OGG from there. Synthfont 1 is completly free, but it'll pester you to donate upon startup if you've used it a lot. You could also record the stereo output from Synthfont using Audacity and convert that to OGG. Just set up Audacity, select Windows WASAP as the Audio Host, select the speakers you want to play them out of, and play the MIDI from Synthfont. You should only use this method if you're dissatisfied with how the OGG sounds when Synthfont converts it. You might not want to use MID to OGG converters because they'll use the General Midi instruments and NO ONE wants that. Unless you do. In that case go for it.