Metal Gear Story (complete)

Oct 11, 2008 at 1:24 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Wow, reminds my just a little bit of hell. To many spikes, and I hated the reaquiping after everytime I die. The death was funny, but seriously. I died soooo many times. Love the references though, I showed to my friend and he laughed too. Make it a little easier maybe?

Oct 12, 2008 at 3:55 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
equip....

you don't have to equip the booster everytime, jeez.
it auto equips once you get it, but it just isnt that apparent when you get it.
so plz, no more comments on that.

and yea i made it hard,

Oct 28, 2008 at 2:29 PM
Banned
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I may sound crazy even after my complaining of the difficulty but... MAKE IT HARDER (seriously. i like a chalange like this :D )

Nov 3, 2008 at 7:38 AM
Source Splicer, 2nd Class
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Pretty good, but totally different from the other Metal Gear Story

This is a rather fun mod, aside from the part with the spikes at the beginning...
I didn't even use the shortcut that was shown in your video around the spike area either because I didn't know about until I watched after completing the mod myself.
The concept of having the Death Egg in the mod was unexpected, as well... It felt as though this mod is more of a spinoff title of the other MGStory than a finalization.
I'm kind of surprised a part with the player being upside-down while inside the Death Egg wasn't done, but I can understand the light bridges from S&K being left out of the picture...

B3 was a pain to get through as well, but I could take a preview of the area by boosting above the ceiling & walkng along the top while being offscreen. It's a lot harder figuring out how to get back down from there, though...

I felt a little confused about an alternate boss tune not being used for the final boss, as well... I suppose there was a good reason for not adding it in, so I don't mind, really... The one included was a really nice .org remix of the Sonic 3 boss tune.

Some of the bosses were easy to deal with, especially if you stick with the Super SOCOM (Spur) like I did throughout the mod. Lasers own, no matter what you're playing.

While it didn't have the feel of the other MGStory, this one has its memorable moments that lets it stand out in its own respective way.
Including the relatively short escape sequence, a la MS4

Nov 19, 2008 at 1:28 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Bad Beholder said:
I'm kind of surprised a part with the player being upside-down while inside the Death Egg wasn't done, but I can understand the light bridges from S&K being left out of the picture...

I would have LOVED to do that in this mod, but there's no script function for it, and short of writing in some assembly, its not happening :rolleyes:.
Maybe I should write in some assembly....

Nov 27, 2008 at 6:32 AM
Source Splicer, 2nd Class
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I know I'm somewhat late with this reply, but...

I was really thinking along the lines of a narrow one block tall corridor with a "Mimiga Mask" effect on a H/V trigger, turning the player upside-down until the next event trigger that removes the effect. Still, I guess it's no big loss, right?