Make sections more... broad.

May 28, 2013 at 3:54 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Obviously I'm a newbie here and it's going to be evident that there are some who simply don't agree with my opinion but just shut your piehole and listen to what I have to say for the next few paragraphs.
I'm a huge fan of Cave Story but I have really no interest in modding. What I do have, however, are ideas of fanfictions, ideas of art, and most importantly - my interest in animating it.

I've been subjected to animation since about 6 years ago. I'm only a Junior in High School (Senior next year DOOHOHOOH) but I already have plans to utilize my animation capabilities and talents I share with it. I've been focusing a lot on MapleStory animation for the past few years, however I've been despising everything about the game which affects my output on the sprites as well - and so my output has changed a bit. Cave Story isn't one of those games where it just ends and you move onto something else. It's an experience and you can really grasp onto it as one of those games that touched you when you were a little boy or something.
k that sounds really bad i meant emotionally ok
What I'm trying to say is that I don't have any particular interest in modding but there are other utilities I'd like to show to the general public in this forum. A majority of the sections have to do with particularly modding and I personally think the public would be more inclined to share fanfictions and other miscellaneous forms of art into those sections if it wasn't so bold to merely just "Modding the Client", as I myself have been unsure of whether or not I can post here or there.

tl;dr love everything and be willing to vouch for more criteria in the sections.

May 28, 2013 at 4:17 AM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
This sounds like a great idea. I don't exactly have a say in it, but I support this thoroughly. Cave story related projects branching out on the forum sounds nice.

EDIT: Goddamn internet

May 28, 2013 at 4:34 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
You know I honestly can't say I particularly disagree. Of course, modding is (and likely always will be) the most important thing, but a subforum might be nice. On the contrary, we do have a fanart thread, and a writer's thread (which if I recall correctly has had one real fanfiction in it and one fanfiction made of pure epic), both of which are not very active. The lack of activity in the threads themselves is likely an indicator of the amount of activity there would be in the subforums.

May 28, 2013 at 4:39 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
the problem is that you would be possibly the only person to post in it. We have a fanart thread, an entire subforum for the music of the game, and pretty much anything else can be snuggled under "Cave Story General".

There just isn't really the demand

May 29, 2013 at 1:09 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Here you go:
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=4&p=000705

Though in all seriousness we create sections to meet demand. There isn't a fanfic section because there are not enough fanfic threads to warrant it. It's that simple.

May 29, 2013 at 5:06 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
andwhyisit said:
Here you go:
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=4&p=000705

Though in all seriousness we create sections to meet demand. There isn't a fanfic section because there are not enough fanfic threads to warrant it. It's that simple.
omg homestuck ilu

Okay well - I plan on uploading a series of animation soon on this forum and I have no idea where I would supposedly post it. The closest subsection I could find would be music, but... idunno. :x

May 29, 2013 at 6:00 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
um
Cave Story General ???

May 29, 2013 at 6:43 AM
Professional Whatever
But if it's not CS related then hell breaks loose

May 29, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
CS-related animations and fanfictions go in Cave Story>General Discussion, videogame-related animations head to Other Games>General Gaming, anything else-related animations stay at Sattelite Lounge>Entertainment Media, CS-related art goes in the art thread in General Discussion, other art goes in the Entertainment Media thread Artwork and Stuff, and as for ideas…well, I suppose you could put those into the relevant thread, or make your own thread if it's something big, for example, a community art collab or something.

It's not perfect by any means, but I think it works ^_^

Looking forward to seeing your animations, by the way. :D