Magic~

Feb 10, 2008 at 11:52 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
y halo thar betafrogs (Haithm Edition), oops, i meant meatlogz (DragonBoots edition), oops i meant metalogz (Metalogz Edition), hai

Feb 10, 2008 at 2:07 PM
Justin-chan
lolwat. Anyway, even if I don't bitch at him here, I bitch at him on MSN, or more like he spams me on MSN. Well, hyperactive, he is.

Feb 10, 2008 at 4:08 PM
Okay
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Feb 10, 2008 at 8:52 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Metalogz said:
Though its really short, I was getting impatient and decided to upload it... a short demo lol... And btw there aren't any PROPER credits page cause I dunno how to script in the credits part into the mod. And I have no idea how credits scripting works at all =/

Credits are for readme's not for ingame. Because not all people play it trough the end :o

Of course you can credit also ingame :p

Feb 11, 2008 at 8:45 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
S. P. Gardebiter said:
Credits are for readme's not for ingame. Because not all people play it trough the end :o

Of course you can credit also ingame ;)

I did lol :D

and I have to include it in .txt? D:

NUUUUUuu!!!

btw did you see the full credits.tsc scripting thread? o.o

Feb 11, 2008 at 8:46 AM
Luls
Haithm said:
You. You. You.

Edit - Okay... you can pm... or just post on this thread o.o... OR NOT! NOOOO NO SPOILERS! PM ME!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 11, 2008 at 12:38 PM
Okay
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Metalogz said:

Edit - Okay... you can pm... or just post on this thread o.o... OR NOT! NOOOO NO SPOILERS! PM ME!!!!!!!!!!!
Pm'ing .......... :D
Congratulation, You have been pm'ed ! :(

Feb 11, 2008 at 12:42 PM
Justin-chan
SHARE THE IDEA WITH HIM HE SHALL. BECAUSE I ALWAYS GET SPOILERS BEFOREHAND. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *Goes to ask him to check his PM and stop scripting that map*

Edit - 69th post in topic, *UNF UNF UNF*

Feb 11, 2008 at 12:44 PM
Luls
jcys810 said:
SHARE THE IDEA WITH HIM HE SHALL. BECAUSE I ALWAYS GET SPOILERS BEFOREHAND. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *Goes to ask him to check his PM and stop scripting that map*

Edit - 69th post in topic, *UNF UNF UNF*

TOO BAD I GOT THE 70th POST MUHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 11, 2008 at 12:46 PM
Justin-chan
... 69 is the magic number.

Ya know, like SIX-TY NINE
SEX TO NIGHT?

Ya' dig, playa?

Feb 12, 2008 at 2:41 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
and 72 is higher than both XD

Feb 12, 2008 at 12:27 PM
Justin-chan
But its not magical. Sixty-Nine grants you orgasms. Unless you have erectile disfunction, then sucks to be you.

Feb 12, 2008 at 12:35 PM
Luls
jcys810 said:
But its not magical. Sixty-Nine grants you orgasms. Unless you have erectile disfunction, then sucks to be you.

Omg stop making threads go offtpic D:<

Feb 12, 2008 at 12:37 PM
Justin-chan
I said it once, and you continued, so I replied, then xristosx replied, then I replied, then you go angst.

Feb 12, 2008 at 8:35 PM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
Feb 13, 2008 at 7:59 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Debug Time~! I know I said I wouldn't make a new post but that was ages ago now and you'd probably miss it.

Forecasts predict a slight chance of SPOILERS for today...

-I like how the colourful the graphics are in general, and the designs as well. The mouthdoors in particular are a very nice touch. But it is very hard to see those dark blue ammo and health numbers with the dark blue background at the start :(

-Interesting design for the first boss battle (nice cutscene and animation too!) The awkward footing and unblockable one-hit projectiles make for a challenging battle...

-...which is instantly neutralized when you get the Pistol to Lv3 ._. You edited the range, yes? I think the range is slightly too overpowering, and the two-shot on screen rule isn't much of a handicap... Maybe decrease it a little, or add more exp to level it up.

-The Snitch is cute~

-Do the destructible blocks in Crystaline (should be Crystalline btw, oh and nice design on the evil blobby thingies) Cave have any purpose other than for climbing/avoiding enemies? Because the first time I went through I killed all the enemies then got rid of all the underground blocks (and I also like to shoot randomly or in time with the music~) and consequently ran out of ammo after the boss x.x Speaking of whom, the room that you fight him in is HUGE, make him very easy to dodge, even if you do die in one hit.

-The sign at the dimension portal is spelled 'Cystal'... also this is where I mentioned I was stuck before, I couldn't figure out how to use the portals >.>; And I only knew the sand-spike things were in the next area because someone mentioned it, otherwise I would have found out pretty quick O.O

-I like how the boss tells me to be patient and then tries to kill me :D And again, the room you fight him in is huge, so if you die and come back, the skipflag will result in him speeding across the room at 100 km/h to get near you.

-Verrrrry nice cutscene in the next bit, and plot also. Makes me think this could be very good mod indeed :cool: The Levitation Stone too is very awesome, although it would be great if you could remove the booster-ing at the start.

-BUGFIND: If you go back to one of the secret rooms with the Levitation Stone and shoot open the wall, you will get stuck outside.

-BUGFIND MACH II: In Ascent, it is very easy to just fly up the right (or to a lesser degree, lest) side. Neither edge has many obstacles, but the right side in particular is easy because the purple dots will not shoot at you until you move in front of them. They are Archer Bute edits, yes? I think the problem is that since you made right- and left-facing ones look identical, you forgot to set some to point to the right, and so they will not notice you until you get to that one block and are forced to move in front of them.

-And then when I get to the top I have to go straight back down again :( That's the end for now, except that Rick and Angel's backgrounds show up as black against the blue credits screen.

That's all mostly, except for a coupla little spelling and grammar errors. Otherwise this mod shows great promise, with some interesting concepts, and I hope my debugging will help make it better.

Now, off to do the other mods I've missed <.<;

Feb 13, 2008 at 11:51 AM
Luls
DoubleThink said:
Debug Time~! I know I said I wouldn't make a new post but that was ages ago now and you'd probably miss it.

Forecasts predict a slight chance of SPOILERS for today...

Heh thanks for spending much time on this =P.

DoubleThink said:
-I like how the colourful the graphics are in general, and the designs as well. The mouthdoors in particular are a very nice touch. But it is very hard to see those dark blue ammo and health numbers with the dark blue background at the start :(

Lol I'll try to fix that. jcys810 told me too but it seems like its bothering lots of people so <:

DoubleThink said:
-Interesting design for the first boss battle (nice cutscene and animation too!) The awkward footing and unblockable one-hit projectiles make for a challenging battle...

Thank you. <:

DoubleThink said:
-...which is instantly neutralized when you get the Pistol to Lv3 ._. You edited the range, yes? I think the range is slightly too overpowering, and the two-shot on screen rule isn't much of a handicap... Maybe decrease it a little, or add more exp to level it up.

Yeah I edited the range. I made it have a range of 10 lol.
Maybe I should make it an 8.

DoubleThink said:
-The Snitch is cute~

Ty again <:

DoubleThink said:
-Do the destructible blocks in Crystaline (should be Crystalline btw, oh and nice design on the evil blobby thingies) Cave have any purpose other than for climbing/avoiding enemies? Because the first time I went through I killed all the enemies then got rid of all the underground blocks (and I also like to shoot randomly or in time with the music~) and consequently ran out of ammo after the boss x.x Speaking of whom, the room that you fight him in is HUGE, make him very easy to dodge, even if you do die in one hit.

Oops. Didn't check for spelling and grammar errors yet =/.
And yes they have a purpose... well at least near the end of the cave lol.
There is something you can get. Sparkly item which you can reach using the breakable blocks near the broken wall thingy.
Yeah and he is supposed to be very easy to dodge. That's why I didn't give any life capsules before it.
Or did I...? Eheheheheh....

DoubleThink said:
-The sign at the dimension portal is spelled 'Cystal'... also this is where I mentioned I was stuck before, I couldn't figure out how to use the portals >.>; And I only knew the sand-spike things were in the next area because someone mentioned it, otherwise I would have found out pretty quick O.O

Crap. Spelling mistake again AHHH.
Lol.

DoubleThink said:
-I like how the boss tells me to be patient and then tries to kill me :D And again, the room you fight him in is huge, so if you die and come back, the skipflag will result in him speeding across the room at 100 km/h to get near you.

=/... Not really a bug. It was the easy way out of the repeating cutscene problem.
It's gonna be fixed in my next demo lol.

DoubleThink said:
-Verrrrry nice cutscene in the next bit, and plot also. Makes me think this could be very good mod indeed :cool: The Levitation Stone too is very awesome, although it would be great if you could remove the booster-ing at the start.

Oh. I forgot to remove the booster animations. @#$%!

DoubleThink said:
-BUGFIND: If you go back to one of the secret rooms with the Levitation Stone and shoot open the wall, you will get stuck outside.

NOOO ITS A BUG! D:
Btw what do you mean by shooting the wall open? o.o...

If you've got the time, maybe you could gimme a screenie of it please?

DoubleThink said:
-BUGFIND MACH II: In Ascent, it is very easy to just fly up the right (or to a lesser degree, lest) side. Neither edge has many obstacles, but the right side in particular is easy because the purple dots will not shoot at you until you move in front of them. They are Archer Bute edits, yes? I think the problem is that since you made right- and left-facing ones look identical, you forgot to set some to point to the right, and so they will not notice you until you get to that one block and are forced to move in front of them.

NOOO ITS ANOTHER BUG!

I noticed this too. However, I don't really know how to change their directions without the help of the <CNP command... I wonder how I made some of them face different directions... LOL.

DoubleThink said:
-And then when I get to the top I have to go straight back down again :( That's the end for now, except that Rick and Angel's backgrounds show up as black against the blue credits screen.

Heh? You mean Rick and Angel's backgrounds can be seen? You mean they're against a black square? That's weird....

DoubleThink said:
That's all mostly, except for a coupla little spelling and grammar errors. Otherwise this mod shows great promise, with some interesting concepts, and I hope my debugging will help make it better.

Lol too much english crammed into my head in class.
Your debugging was great! <:
It'll surely help improve my mod better.

THANKS YOU VERY MUCH!

Feb 13, 2008 at 3:59 PM
Respwnt
Metalogz said:
And yes they have a purpose... well at least near the end of the cave lol.
There is something you can get. Sparkly item which you can reach using the breakable blocks near the broken wall thingy.
I think he meant the ones on the floor that lead straight to the mouth of the edited gravekeeper.