M.U.G.E.N.

Jun 1, 2009 at 11:32 PM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
VoidMage_Lowell said:
That's what I meant, only I put a semi-colon there, as it makes the game ignore that line.

Anyways, Misery's really weird, and doesn't work in Training, as some special things don't work there.
She's constantly got a runny nose, and apparently needs to blow her nose before she sneezes, which would allow someone to attack her freely.
Also, her taunt makes her transform into various things, one of which apparently changed her gender too.....
O.o;

Someone talked about this in a video comment. The author of the video can play normally, though.

Jun 1, 2009 at 11:35 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Heh

Fire1052 said:
Someone talked about this in a video comment. The author of the video can play normally, though.
Yeah, she still plays normally.
But some of the things {Like the weird flames that apparently make her sneeze or something} don't appear in trainning, and she won't be able to use any specials...

Anyways, time to Balrog various people to death.
Starting with Mario...

Jun 1, 2009 at 11:42 PM
Banned
How do you do it?

Jun 1, 2009 at 11:44 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Heh..

Fire1052 said:
How do you do it?
I...I don't know XD
So far, the only hyper move I've gotten her to do makes her shoot 3 or 4 black orbs straight at the enemy...
And I'm not sure how I even did that >.>
But I'll figure it out, somehow!

Figured out her orb hyper.
Down right down right and whatever button makes her get on her wand
:D

Jun 1, 2009 at 11:48 PM
Banned
I can't get her to do ANY of those. I can't really get her to do anything but the basic buttons.

I tried a few simulated matches and she always loses, like, with almost perfects.

Jun 2, 2009 at 12:00 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Eh..

Can someone tell me what language the .txt file that came with Misery is in?
I don't think it's Japanese, and this translator can't tell the difference >.>

Bah, stupid text documents don't support Japanese characters....

Jun 2, 2009 at 12:21 AM
Banned
Try downloading a japanese font?

Jun 2, 2009 at 12:23 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
XD

Fire1052 said:
Try downloading a japanese font?
Iono how XD
Anyways, I just watched a 1v1 between computers....
Hilarious to see Balrog crush Misery XD
That means, of course, that the moves do exist, we just don't know the complicated combos >.>;

EDIT:
Hmm...
I don't think it's because haven't installed Japanese font, but that the characters were changed when whoever made the .txt file saved it as such...

Jun 2, 2009 at 4:56 AM
Banned
What ever happened to this thread?

Jun 2, 2009 at 6:31 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Huh?

Fire1052 said:
What ever happened to this thread?
Whaddya mean...?
It's still about MUGEN....
And now it's also about Cave Story :D

Jun 2, 2009 at 7:04 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
VoidMage_Lowell said:
Can someone tell me what language the .txt file that came with Misery is in?
I don't think it's Japanese, and this translator can't tell the difference >.>

Bah, stupid text documents don't support Japanese characters....
Try throwing it into a browser and changing the character encoding to shift_jis.

Jun 2, 2009 at 3:36 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Hey guys, there is a pretty good website for finding MUGEN stages and Characters.

http://www.esnips.com

In the search bar just search for "mugen *insert character, screenpack, or stage here*.

I was able to get Roll, Homer, Peter, Link, Metal Sonic, and some other characters that way.

Oh yeah, after downloading some characters, I put them in the char folder and edited the Select.txt. Why didn't they show up in MUGEN?

Jun 2, 2009 at 8:32 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Tutorial?

supermario566 said:
Oh yeah, after downloading some characters, I put them in the char folder and edited the Select.txt. Why didn't they show up in MUGEN?
Well, did you make sure to put all of the character's stuff into a folder that has the same name as their .DEF file?
{EX: Misery's .DEF is miza.DEF, so I'd stick all of her stuff in the folder miza, and that folder goes into the characters folder}
Also, depending on what Screenpack/skin you're using, you'll have to do things with the select.txt differently.
Typically, you just find something like "Character Name" and then type in the character's folder name {Which should match their .DEF, also} over that.
After that, you'd put a comma and either type in a stage that the character will always appear in, or, like I always do, just type random.
Then you can put another comma and specify if the character's a Tier 1, 2, or 3 character by putting Order = 1, 2, or 3; with Tier 1 being the weakest characters, and Tier 3 being boss worthy characters.
A full example of a character would be:
Code:
Mouser, stages/mouser/mouser-hr.def, order=3

Where the character "Mouser", always appears in the stage "mouser-hr", and he's a full boss character.

Jun 2, 2009 at 8:50 PM
Banned
VoidMage_Lowell said:
Well, did you make sure to put all of the character's stuff into a folder that has the same name as their .DEF file?
{EX: Misery's .DEF is miza.DEF, so I'd stick all of her stuff in the folder miza, and that folder goes into the characters folder}
Also, depending on what Screenpack/skin you're using, you'll have to do things with the select.txt differently.
Typically, you just find something like "Character Name" and then type in the character's folder name {Which should match their .DEF, also} over that.
After that, you'd put a comma and either type in a stage that the character will always appear in, or, like I always do, just type random.
Then you can put another comma and specify if the character's a Tier 1, 2, or 3 character by putting Order = 1, 2, or 3; with Tier 1 being the weakest characters, and Tier 3 being boss worthy characters.
A full example of a character would be:
Code:
Mouser, stages/mouser/mouser-hr.def, order=3

Where the character "Mouser", always appears in the stage "mouser-hr", and he's a full boss character.

Mouser shouldn't be a full boss character.

Jun 2, 2009 at 8:56 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Heheh

Fire1052 said:
Mouser shouldn't be a full boss character.
Well, there's two Mousers.
There's this really, really old one from some Mario game before the SNES, and then the fat mouse that throws bombs.
I'm talking about the former, who's literally the stage itself, shoots lazors from it's eyes, can barf up mini-mousers, and will eat the enemy character.
If you get eaten, you have to fight it's hyper form inside it's stomach.
I'd call that pretty bossy.

Jun 2, 2009 at 8:58 PM
Banned
Nah.

Jun 2, 2009 at 9:01 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Wewt!

andwhyisit said:
Try throwing it into a browser and changing the character encoding to shift_jis.
Dood! andwhy! Awesomeness! :D
It worked!! I'll see if I can put a translated version of Misery's document, with all of her moves listed, real soon...

Jun 2, 2009 at 9:03 PM
Banned
VoidMage_Lowell said:
Dood! andwhy! Awesomeness! :D
It worked!! I'll see if I can put a translated version of Misery's document, with all of her moves listed, real soon...

So... Andwhy is awesome because he told you to do essentially that thing I tried to do but wasn't sure of which encoding to use?

Jun 2, 2009 at 9:10 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Huh?

Fire1052 said:
So... Andwhy is awesome because he told you to do essentially that thing I tried to do but wasn't sure of which encoding to use?
You told me to go download the font.
Which, I couldn't find one for Text Document...

andwhy told me to just use a web browser system and set it to use Japanese characters, which are built in.

Jun 2, 2009 at 9:21 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
No, because this'll be the translated document:
Code:
Seeing [za] seeing [za]
---------------------------------------------------------------
Usually, skill
 x - weakness
 y - strongly
 b - you throw and
 blow c - nose
Aerial dash possibility
Uniqueness
 a - During floating floating a - floating cancellation
Necessary shooting
 barrier bit opening   ↓←    + x or y (aerial yes)
 [samonsuretsudobatsuto]    ↓ accumulating ↑ + x or y
 thunder vault      <- It accumulates, -> + x or y (aerial yes)
 press block        <- It accumulates, →↓ + x of y (aerial yes)
 the magic teleport     ←↓/or →↓ \ + x or y (aerial yes)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Super necessary shooting
 [sandaboruzu]     <- It accumulates, ->   + x+y (gauge 1 consumption)
 [retsudobatsutsusutomu]     ↓ accumulating ↑ + x+y (gauge 1 consumption)
 val log crash      <- It accumulates, →↓ + x+y (gauge 1 consumption)
 the witch star      ↓→↓→   + a (gauge 2 consumption) (aerial yes)
 pollen eradication!!        <- It accumulates and -> + a (gauge 2 consumption + pollen gauge 0)
 * the fixed time pollen nullfication + efficiency substantial strengthening (reaction is with the time out)
 the lead power launcher   →↓←   + a (gauge 3 consumption + pollen gauge MAX)
 the pollen pollen
 eradication detailed explanatory approximately seven seconds MAX and after the ending where decreases nullfication
 + super armor + operation acceleration plainly necessary also necessary accumulating time
 of shooting skill as for approximately 3 seconds the pollen becomes furthermore almost
 defenselessly, when other gauge skill is used, ends mandatorily
When
 it contacts the pollen which drifts to the system picture, when above the uniformity where where the hay fever
 keeps deteriorating it accumulates sneeze and the like happens mandatorily and the sneeze which can do
 the opening happens, the nose is blown with the tissue, (with gauge can be decreased to 10 times) and the like,
 furthermore, in training the pollen does not come out, when the expectation which does not appear
 it comes out, one time F4 pushing,…
The renewal past record
 2006/5/10 defeating basic operation completion
 2006/5/12 throwing or floating or
 2006/6 pollens or
 2006/7 fish it is hot [i] []!!! The [bu] [tsu] killing! 
2007/1/9 [u] [wa] [tsu] years opening, the [ru] [tsu]
 2006/1/10 fish it is cold [i] []!!! The [bu] [tsu] killing! 
Being thing or
 the sky which is not relationship, because it reaches the point where sneeze happens
 the sneeze which by the way is in the midst of floating where the growth
 of the pollen decreases in comparison with in the past because the reason which it is not possible to
 the same as introduction the stick like introduction putting, when it is the [ke] [bo] [ri] while falling when receiving the attack of the partner
, by any means becomes unnatural
 in the aerial sneeze rather to fight efficiency becoming easy
 to use rather at the place where it is small to the reaction which has become difficult
 the aerial dash where
 the modification point cancellation possible
 skill which it increases increased decreases cancellation possible
 part accumulating necessary time from attack, (it can install in also [konbo]
 floating in the aerial time) at the time of attack hit with limitationAt the time
 of the floating motion which it can cancel pushing, because acceleration is attached to the direction of the [ru] cursor key, if it utilized well, [konbo]
 possible [konbo] revision was attached,
 to understand speaking easily, if it is not disturbed to only the pollen, after to powerful [konbokiyara] converted
 is the lump obtaining already a little being able to do lump obtaining introduction,…
Yeah, it's pretty hard to understand, but I don't know if it's the translator or not. {I'll try other ones, if anyone can find some for me}
Well, now we know at least the buttons to push to do the hyper moves and such...
Things like "aerial yes" most likely means Misery must either be in the air or on her wand.
"Accumulate" might mean you've got to hold the button down a bit, but I'll have to go play and find out :D

Anyways, awesomeness! We can play as Misery now! :D
Too bad I can't translate all the stuff she says when she wins a battle, XD

EDIT:
Yeap, aerial means you've got to be in the air and accumulate means you've got to hold the button down for a bit.
I just summoned Hyper Red Bats, orbs of lighting, and instead of Balrog, I summoned the Heavy Press :D