Looking for an accurate Organya player for Android

Jul 17, 2024 at 12:08 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Pronouns: he/him
I tried the Droidsound-E app, and it does indeed play .org files, but upon closer inspection, its implementation is rather inaccurate, compared to ORGMaker on PC.

So I'm now looking for a better option. If anyone knows of one, please let me know. Thanks! ^_^

Jul 18, 2024 at 1:01 PM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Well, there's Organya-JS that works in-browser (and used by this site for org embeds), so it does work on android. If you're specifically looking for an android app, I don't know.

Jul 19, 2024 at 5:30 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Well, there's Organya-JS that works in-browser (and used by this site for org embeds), so it does work on android. If you're specifically looking for an android app, I don't know.
Yes, I had seen that one before. Is there any way to import your own .org files? As far as I can tell, the provided demo only contains a preset list of songs, with no way to import.

Jul 19, 2024 at 6:04 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
This is the version I use on the site and in embeds:

My embed code is more simplified than the demo if it helps:

Regardless... you see the lines that say "currentOrg = new Organya(data);"? The "data" variable is the file contents as an ArrayBuffer object. If you want to pass a local file instead of a url then you need to figure out how to do that yourself.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2024 at 1:57 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
hopefully I'm not necroposting, but Xmp Mod Player can play .xm (.ogg files can be converted to .xm) really well. XM's are basically MIDI's for retro music so it can play converted OGG's 1:1 with gapless loop.

it used to be on the Play Store but got de-listed a while back (inactivity?). the Cave Story soundtrack is available in .xm format and you can use Org2XM for conversion.

Aug 7, 2024 at 6:40 PM
Gay AF
Pronouns: She/Her
(.ogg files can be converted to .xm)
Sadly Cave Story does not use ogg vorbis for the music, unless you're trying to be cheeky and think we mean Cave Story+.

Aug 7, 2024 at 7:14 PM
World's #1 Laharl Kinnie
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Pronouns: She/It
I think they meant to type "ORG" not "OGG", it's a one letter difference and there's an org->xm converter out there that's pretty good.

Aug 7, 2024 at 9:15 PM
Gay AF
Pronouns: She/Her
Ahh that makes sense, yeah no, I hard agree on that. Org2XM is a good tool.

Aug 7, 2024 at 10:22 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Sadly Cave Story does not use ogg vorbis for the music, unless you're trying to be cheeky and think we mean Cave Story+.

yeah my mistake, I meant ORG.

Ahh that makes sense, yeah no, I hard agree on that. Org2XM is a good tool.

for sure!

Back