Levels Mod

Aug 17, 2010 at 6:04 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
This mod really has no plot, it's just a succession of levels, or at least it will be.

v1.2 Release
v1.0 Release

I'll probably change the main character sprite just so that nobody gets it and any other characters confused with the plot.

Right now there is only one level, but I know from experience that I'll be more inclined to work on it if I post it, so here it is.

lvl1screenshot.jpg

untitled.jpg

P.S. My other mod:Caved In, had about 3-4 large maps added to it, and then got accidentally deleted from my computer. It kind of caused me to loose all motivation to work on it so I'm starting over from scratch.

Aug 17, 2010 at 8:22 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Please remind me to play this when I get home. I like the looks of this mod.

Aug 17, 2010 at 10:14 PM
inactive user
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Shadow the Past said:
Please remind me to play this when I get home.

Play this when you get home.

Aug 18, 2010 at 4:40 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Awww yeeeah old member out of nowhere posts a mod. I remember Caved In, IIRC what little there was was pretty good.

I will download this as soon as google lets me :D

Aug 23, 2010 at 3:21 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
How does this sound for a plot.

Some evil guy is creating a robot army to send up into the sky. A resistance group is trying to infiltrate by making a robot. Once infiltrated, the robot is wiped of it's memories and put into training. This story will comprise of that training and flashbacks of his previous life will be in secret locations in each level of training.

The flashbacks will be secrets in each level and will be very hard to get. I've completed making their locations in the first three levels, but have yet to make the actual flashback. Animation is a pain.

Level 2 is going to be a rehash of the Egg Level in Caved In. I'm changing a ton of things so it fits the story including the entire tileset. Level 3 is a major rip off of the Grass town level, sort of. I'm taking the original map and changing it. Some parts are similar but really nothing is the same.

Status report:
Level S - 2% complete
Level 2 - 80 % complete
Level 3 - 30 % complete

Aug 23, 2010 at 4:38 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Remind me to download when I get home from the sea

Aug 23, 2010 at 6:36 PM
So far I have 4 people saying they will play this later and no actual feedback. Is it just so outstandingly mediocre that no one has anything to say? Is the maze to difficult to get through or is the lack of plot distasteful? Any feedback will be appreciated, even just a x/5 or something.

WoodenRat: the sea? you in the navy or does the sea ban the playing of mods.

Aug 23, 2010 at 8:59 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
The download won't work. Upload it to Mediafire instead.

Aug 23, 2010 at 9:21 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Isu the Mule said:
So far I have 4 people saying they will play this later and no actual feedback. Is it just so outstandingly mediocre that no one has anything to say? Is the maze to difficult to get through or is the lack of plot distasteful? Any feedback will be appreciated, even just a x/5 or something.

WoodenRat: the sea? you in the navy or does the sea ban the playing of mods.

This is a typical pattern as of late; don't take it personally. And, what woodenrat means is that he was on vacation.

Aug 23, 2010 at 9:38 PM
graters gonna grate
People haven't given feedback because the download link doesn't work. Use Mediafire or something.

Aug 23, 2010 at 10:04 PM
graters gonna grate
All right, for the most part the level design is quite nice. It seems, however, that the only way to beat the level is to abuse the "bounce" you get from hitting the bats in the exit room. I'm convinced the sparkly item in the room with the 2x2 blocks and the spikes is unreachable, and I'm guessing it was a Booster which would allow you to beat the level "legitimately". Is this correct? If so, you should make the item reachable, and make it not possible to "cheat" with the bat bounce.

Aug 23, 2010 at 10:20 PM
Wedge of Cheese said:
All right, for the most part the level design is quite nice. It seems, however, that the only way to beat the level is to abuse the "bounce" you get from hitting the bats in the exit room. I'm convinced the sparkly item in the room with the 2x2 blocks and the spikes is unreachable, and I'm guessing it was a Booster which would allow you to beat the level "legitimately". Is this correct? If so, you should make the item reachable, and make it not possible to "cheat" with the bat bounce.

wrong and wrong.

You're not supposed to use the bats to get to the exit. Abusing the bounce is something only for secrets, but it's not supposed to happen there. I'll remove them immediately. You're not supposed to abuse the bounce to get the sparkling item either.

There is no Booster for the level. I'm implementing a system that removes future items and health when you go to a previous level (and returns them afterwards, of course), so there will never be a Booster for this level. The item is reachable, no cheating required.

Aug 23, 2010 at 10:50 PM
graters gonna grate
Hmm... I guess I'll start trying to figure out how to get that item then...

Sep 19, 2010 at 7:27 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Isu the Mule
lvl1screenshot.jpg

/QUOTE

Does anybody else see a dancing robot?

Sep 19, 2010 at 10:42 PM
Pirate Member
Wow, it would be pretty creepy if that was just a coincidence...Like creepypasta creepy.