Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Jul 1, 2017 at 11:49 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
This game is hyped up to be the best Zelda game with open world exploring and realistic physics with a storyline. Is it truly that great?

Yes it is! Not only did this recent installment sold out like crazy, the sales rating was 101%, meaning that the game alone and the bundle including it sold completely.

My personal opinion on BotW is that it's an amazing way to celebrate the series as a whole, with it's lack of linearity, and even more references now with the first expansion pass released.

What are your thoughts on BotW? I'm curious to see what everyone else thinks of it.

Jul 2, 2017 at 10:51 PM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
BOTW is great. It may be the best Zelda I've ever played, but it still does have a lot of flaws. A lot of the areas just feel really empty, and don't offer much. Sure, there's an occasional shrine or enemy camp, but not really too much to do. It all gets old relatively quickly. Other than that, the fast travel and towers make up for it 100% and the story segments are... Pretty good. DLC one was meh; hopefully the second one is better. I do still think the Oracle games and Majora's Mask are better though.

Dec 17, 2017 at 12:31 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
BOTW is great. It may be the best Zelda I've ever played, but it still does have a lot of flaws. A lot of the areas just feel really empty, and don't offer much. Sure, there's an occasional shrine or enemy camp, but not really too much to do. It all gets old relatively quickly. Other than that, the fast travel and towers make up for it 100% and the story segments are... Pretty good. DLC one was meh; hopefully the second one is better. I do still think the Oracle games and Majora's Mask are better though.
I agree with your statement about Majora's Mask being better than BotW (MM is my favorite TLoZ game), and I've poured over 100 hours into it (and MM, because I like to replay the game with challenges, like a minimalist run or 6 day challenge, etc.) which isn't very much for an open-world game. I've done all 120 Shrines and I think the shrines are my favorite part of the game, with the exception of the Divine Beasts. I haven't played the second DLC yet but I've seen most of it. I can't wait to play it and get more shrines done!