LEAF X MD - Cave Story War

May 22, 2009 at 9:46 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
EDIT:
Finally, my internet is back with me. This is the finished version.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tnidu5hmyzo

Also available over at Newgrounds Audio:

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/241155

Hope you enjoy!

--------------------

Original Post:
Hey to all, rtnario with another remix of a Cave Story song XD
Except this time, I really need help since I can't decide for myself what to do now...

Ever since I heard Polar Star Overdrive, I've been inspired to make my own remix of "Last Battle". That means that it's also gonna be video game metal, but I'm having a hard time finishing the thing. I thought I could ask around here for help.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=c2cb20c9eeee3f6dd5a101cf914073b4023f0d6248da34cb

That's a link to 2 of my Cave Story War betas so far. BETA2 (4).mp3 is band-only, while BETA2.mp3 adds orchestration. Both sound good to me and I don't know which one I should go with. And also, since the final track will have everything loop twice (and then I'll tag an ending), I've been wondering if it'll sound good if I make it band-only for the first playthrough, and then add the orchestration in the second playthrough.

halp

May 22, 2009 at 11:07 AM
"Huzzah!"
GO DISTORTION

May 22, 2009 at 11:14 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
odin 2128 said:
GO DISTORTION

...I assume you like BETA2 (4) better? Thanks, but why not BETA2? These are the kinds of things preventing me from finishing the entire thing; I can't find a reason to pick something over the other :)

EDIT:
Oh well, majority suggests BETA2 (4), so I went on with the band-only setup and have a finished product. Now if only my internet allowed MediaFire to work with me. :)

May 23, 2009 at 5:57 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Try doing it BETA2 (4) style then switch to BETA2 style towards the end of the song.

May 23, 2009 at 6:07 PM
andwhyisit said:
Try doing it BETA2 (4) style then switch to BETA2 style towards the end of the song.

That's what I did with the finished product. I'm going "band"-only for the first playthrough, added variation and additional instruments for the second, and used the same style of BETA2 for the ending. I've been really wanting to upload it for some time now, but until my internet gets better this will have to stay beta. :o

EDIT:
Check first post. :o