Latest Cave Story Tribute Site Update and Forum Style

Jul 9, 2006 at 6:40 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Jul 9, 2006 at 7:23 PM
Been here way too long...
"..."
Already did that and it still didn't work. Cleared my cookies and everything.

OH! I know why! I always come here from the link on the Cavestory website, and you've got that link set to go to the default style.

Link: http://cavestory.org/forums/index.php?&styleid=7

It'd be best to remove that.

Jul 9, 2006 at 8:34 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Osmose said:
Already did that and it still didn't work. Cleared my cookies and everything.

OH! I know why! I always come here from the link on the Cavestory website, and you've got that link set to go to the default style.

Link: http://cavestory.org/forums/index.php?&styleid=7

It'd be best to remove that.

Well, actually, Style ID # 7 was set to the Cave Story Forum Style. But, since I had some difficulties figuring out what was going on yesterday, I deleted the forum style and reinstalled it.

The Cave Story Forum style is now Style ID #11, however I have not made the appropriate changes to the Cave Story Tribute site yet to reflect the change. I'll most likely fix this in the next major site update since I don't have time to update all of the pages just for this one minor detail.

I'm glad you were able to get it to work again though. : )

-SkyeWelse

Jul 10, 2006 at 1:21 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Is it possible to upload your own rank image when you reach your maximum rank? That would be interesting because then I would be able to load up some custom Images and maybe some images from other games like Boktai. Maybe you could make your own rank up and tell you Skywelse and see if you approve with it.

Jul 11, 2006 at 2:06 AM
Been here way too long...
"..."
Custom ranks would rock. 200 posts should merit it, I say.

Jul 11, 2006 at 9:43 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
vBulletin does not allow any sort of custom ranks that users can upload and use, as they have to be implemented and setup using the Admin panels and such. There is however a possible way of uploading a secondary set of ranks and such that could apply to a certain member usergroup once someone were to reach the post count requirement for the group. Say for example, someone moves up from Senior member to Veteran Member, or "Been here to Long..." status and that particular member group could use a separate ranking system... But it kind of defeats the purpose since once you reach a certain number of posts and enter into the specific member category the ranks change for higher post counts anyway. In that case it would be more prudent just to add additional ranks in there.

-SkyeWelse