Laptop monitor issues

Jul 20, 2015 at 11:33 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I've been using the same laptop for nearly 2 years now and as of recently, the monitor on my laptop will occasionally have it display an all white screen or an all gray screen instead what's actually going on in the desktop. Is it something that can be fixed or should I use an external monitor until I can afford to buy a new laptop?

I use a Gateway NE52203u laptop, if you guys need to know what kind of laptop I'm using.

Jul 21, 2015 at 1:19 AM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Funny, I have a gateway.

My problem is a odd cut shape on my computer's screen that /appears/ to be behind the pixels. Oh well, I guess it just makes it more edgy. Have you been playing rough with your computer? Did you install any viruses?

Jul 27, 2015 at 3:59 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
QuoteHax said:
My problem is a odd cut shape on my computer's screen that /appears/ to be behind the pixels.
Could you post a pic? That sounds interesting/cool.

Jul 28, 2015 at 3:12 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
So I decided to wait it out to see what'll happen, and so far it's starting to become more of a recurring thing. I think I now know how my screen goes all gray on me. It would usually happen when I'm tilting the screen back and forth, so the problem is likely a loose connection between the monitor and the laptop itself. I'm going to see if I could check the problem internally probably tomorrow.

Aug 9, 2015 at 12:13 PM
Lurking in the Shadows
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"
My monitor is giving up already, I've been using this for almost 3 years.. I might need a new one.
It sometimes turn into blue somethings it's black. I don't know what's up with this monitor.