Kero Blaster page on the Tribute Site?

Jun 24, 2014 at 12:37 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I haven't really needed to ask something like this for over 5 years, but I figure it is worth asking anyway.

See.. I kinda want to throw together an awesome page for Kero Blaster, something along the lines of the existing Ikachan page. However I don't really consider myself to be much of a writer. So if anyone wants to help out then I would be grateful. Of course none of you are obligated, nor should feel obligated, to do so.

Jun 24, 2014 at 2:07 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I could help out in some way, I know HTML
Edit: Maybe I can think up some descriptions too

Jun 24, 2014 at 4:36 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Dunc2403 said:
I really don't think andwhy is lacking in the code department, Aar.

From what I see on this site, I understand.
He's quite good, actually.

Jun 24, 2014 at 6:49 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I was wondering when this would be addressed...

I'll see if I can contribute something! Writing is a thing I'm somewhat not terrible at, I think, so I'd like to help if I can...at least with the summary or something. -w-

Jun 24, 2014 at 9:44 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I nominate CptFabulous

Jun 25, 2014 at 1:45 AM
"Huzzah!"
Wild Desu said:
I nominate him to rewrite the whole site
I would certainly love a redesign of the site.

Jun 25, 2014 at 2:46 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
jj4226 said:
I would certainly love a redesign of the site.
Again?! It's only been a year since I did it last.

Jun 25, 2014 at 2:56 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Jj it was, uh, a joke. Noxid and I are saying Fab's a great writer with quick wit and a sassy ass mouth, so him writing everything on the site would be funny. Andwhy has definitely worked hard enough to design the site itself and I'm sure he doesn't need to do it again

Jun 25, 2014 at 8:30 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Yeah, Fab is fantastically clever. His posts are quite fun to read a lot of the time. :3

Anyway, I managed to stave off my usual laziness and indecisiveness to an extent that I made a sort of summary. I meant to make it sort of like an introduction to the game that tells you what it's like and its background, but upon rereading it, it sounds more like an advertisement/review hybrid...o.o

Still, it may be of use, even as a base for a better description. Turn it down, use it, edit it...do with it as you wish, I don't mind. :)

In Kero Blaster, Pixel's first full mobile offering, you control a frog working for Cat & Frog, a teleporter company. Armed with a peashooter and trained in the custodial sciences, he must venture forth to clean the teleporters of strange black "things". Find new blasters and upgrade them with coins, defeat bosses, and persevere in an epic quest to earn less overtime!

The game is reminiscent of Cave Story, but very much its own beast:a level-based, linear shooter to Cave Story's guided exploration. It has fantastic music and gameplay, and the graphics, though simpler, carry the same charm as Pixel's other works. It was designed for iOS (with a notably unique control scheme that makes moving and shooting a breeze) and is available on the App Store, but you can also buy a PC version from Playism. Though it's a shorter game, the well made levels and a few secrets and bonuses lend a lot of replay value. As the first new title that Pixel has released in a decade, it's on par with Cave Story, and well worth a try.
Then you'd go into the more specific sections, I suppose. Any thoughts, Andwhy? Accidental misinformation or things I could improve? I'd be happy to try rewriting it.

Jun 25, 2014 at 8:52 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Tank you so much! Although there is one minor niggle. Technically it has only been half a decade (or 4 years if you don't discount the ill fated Soaprun). Mind if I make that change?

Jun 25, 2014 at 9:21 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Not at all, go ahead. Glad that it's of use. ~^_^~