Kensuke & Shosuke Board the Hype Train (Early Alpha w/e Version)

Jun 15, 2015 at 8:52 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"

Heyy I figured it was about time I did a thing here, and so now here I am doing a thing.

"...k"

MMM anyway c':

A while ago I made a video about a mod I was working on, focusing on the ridiculously obscure but w/e Kensuke and Shosuke, who feel the need to go out and do hypestuff in celebration of boarding the hype train! Why are they boarding the hype train? What are they boarding it for?.. idefkljhgfdsa

It hasnt gone too far since that video, but I really dont wanna give up on it because of how mods get dropped all the time n' stuff

I got a download link ;u; I'll juuust leave it here~

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1cmweoqcwp6dcds/K%26S%20Board%20the%20Hype%20Train.rar?dl=0

~Early Version 2! Still working but basically got most of the tileset redone

https://www.dropbox.com/s/grmyvtc4t8omcaq/K%26S%20Board%20the%20Hype%20Train%20%28EarlyVer.2%29.rar?dl=0

~Early Version 3 woop >3< Tiling still isnt done but the redesign was done, Sir Oliver Balrog's room now has crates in it etc. Stay tuned
also I'm just not gonna fix the water background issue yet as an evil social experiment to see who tries to take the other path
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f9c864gxcxqpbwc/K%26S%20Board%20the%20Hype%20Train%20%28EarlyVer.3%29.rar?dl=0

~Early Version 3.5! I actually did a bunch of polishing here, enough to call it EarlyVer4 tbh, but theres still some stuff I wanna do before calling an EarlyVer4. I'll also have a ZIPlink for this version and on for the sake of convenience to you guys

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i81ahfofml9lnhh/K%26S%20Board%20the%20Hype%20Train%20%28EarlyVer3.5%29.rar?dl=0

~ZIP links are now availabe yw

EarlyVer3:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ua7axozbma7do5n/K%26S%20Board%20the%20Hype%20Train%20%28EarlyVer.ZIP%29.zip?dl=0

EarlyVer3.5:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3mij48pkrruc8b2/K%26S%20Board%20the%20Hype%20Train%28EarlyVer3.5ZIP%29.zip?dl=0

Also here's the video if you wanna see how it basically looks now minus a tileset recolour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUqPGEnI77I

~Changes to be made *Updated* (Probably not the entire list):
-Reskin tileset to chargeman's (or try to anyway cause train theme woop)
-Redo hud's and textboxes n' stuff
-Redo K&S's sprites (the walking thing)
-Add intro cutscene at first boss (Sir Oliver Balrog)
-Add proper intro to the mod
-Add more.. personality? to K&S
-Change water back to the transparent-style like CaveStory's
-Fix the background tiling errors mmkeff used a water background tile by accident goddamn river tileset
-Finish the mod in general

Jun 15, 2015 at 9:08 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
lmao sorry? xD eh I dont really swing by often

Jun 15, 2015 at 9:10 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Okay, so I would sugggest adding some walking animations for the characters, adding music, and making the bosses have the health bar. Also, instead of having the game start at the regular level, make it start at the fade in on the first level of the mod. Also, the text boxes, characters, and numbers could be worked on.

Jun 15, 2015 at 9:30 PM
Yeah everything is very WIP, theres gonna be an intro to the mod at K&S's house, tileset is getting reskined to chargeman's, etc polishing etc.

As for the lack of music I just prefer to keep it off when Im modding so I dont lose my train of thought, like I'd be listening to one song in the background when Im in cave-editor then if I were open the mod to look at something the music from it plays and its just like agh so I took out the command for whatever filler cavestory song I had before. ofc Ill add it back later tho so dont worry about that.

And the hudstuff ended up weird I should probably redo that

Jun 15, 2015 at 9:56 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
The bright colors are a bit jarring and don't really contrast well, especially on the inventory screen. Other than that, good first attempt! I didn't get very far into the video but what I saw looks pretty solid so far.

Jun 16, 2015 at 10:48 PM
Dankez dankez ^^ I added a little "to-do" list for the mod in the original post for now

Jun 25, 2015 at 2:58 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
why are these in .RARs?

Jun 25, 2015 at 3:18 AM
I use winRAR for my filestuff normally, sorry if that's an inconvenience or somethin :'P

Jun 25, 2015 at 3:59 AM
"Huzzah!"
Dang man, I can't open WinRAR! (I can, but Its an inconvenience to) I don't got the software, and I's got to pay for the unarchiver!

Could you possibly do a zip? It does not cost money, and can be opened on Windows and Mac (not sure about Linux though)

Jun 25, 2015 at 4:10 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Gamecube Geek said:
I use winRAR for my filestuff normally, sorry if that's an inconvenience or somethin :'P
extracting a zip gives me the option to open a folder after its extracted making it so I don't have to hunt through my downloads folder or go through putting the files somewhere I can locate it.
Jpzarde said:
Dang man, I can't open WinRAR! (I can, but Its an inconvenience to) I don't got the software, and I's got to pay for the unarchiver!
Could you possibly do a zip? It does not cost money, and can be opened on Windows and Mac (not sure about Linux though)
7zip is free

Jun 25, 2015 at 7:14 PM
I got like some infinite trial of winRAR or something tbh I have no idea how >3<
extracting a zip gives me the option to open a folder after its extracted making it so I don't have to hunt through my downloads folder or go through putting the files somewhere I can locate it.
umm whut
what Ill do with mods is just drag them into the mods folder and "extract here" (or just "extract files..." if the mod isnt in a folder already) with winRAR.

I could upload them in .zip I guess if its such a problem but Ill have to get 7zip again =P issoke Ill do that now cause whynot

Jun 25, 2015 at 8:00 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Please add a save point at the start. You also left a save file in the folder. :/
Just sayin. :orangebell:

Jun 26, 2015 at 3:00 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
is this naruto

Jun 26, 2015 at 4:06 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Nah, I'm pretty sure this has an ending. I hope it does.

Jun 26, 2015 at 6:28 AM
DualHack said:
Please add a save point at the start. You also left a save file in the folder. :/
Just sayin. :orangebell:
the save is actually there because I reskinned the toroko boss (even tho I still gotta finish it) So I figured whynot put a save just so whoever can check it out if they want. I probably should've already cleared that up though sorry

As for the save point, alright, I'll add one at the start...
And nowhere else! MWAHAHAHAMMmkeff I'm so totally evil yes ik :3