Kaeso's Mod (unnamed) Introduction

Feb 12, 2008 at 10:36 AM
Been here way too long...
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
I've begun work on my mod and I want to preview the opening sequence, that is all there is so far. It took a long time to make that, and it would've taken alot longer if metalogz weren't helping so thanks metalogz.

STORY:

It is 10 years before the original Cave story. You play as a robot with the same capabilities as quote and curly, called Solidus (I didn't rip that off from MGS Solidus is an actual punctuation mark) and your mission is to assassinate Quote and Curly, who were sent to destroy the demon crown.

When I can find someone willing to help with changing sprites and other art related things I will change the Main character sprite

http://www.mediafire.com/?8lmndumtbdg

You have to start a new game.

Feb 12, 2008 at 12:37 PM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Downloading now.

Feb 12, 2008 at 12:43 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Kaeso said:
I've begun work on my mod and I want to preview the opening sequence, that is all there is so far. It took a long time to make that, and it would've taken alot longer if metalogz weren't helping so thanks metalogz.

STORY:

It is 10 years before the original Cave story. You play as a robot with the same capabilities as quote and curly, called Solidus (I didn't rip that off from MGS Solidus is an actual punctuation mark) and your mission is to assassinate Quote and Curly, who were sent to destroy the demon crown.

When I can find someone willing to help with changing sprites and other art related things I will change the Main character sprite

http://www.mediafire.com/?8lmndumtbdg

You have to start a new game.

._. no problem.

Btw its kinda early to release one. But since this is your first try and you need help, I think you made the right choice. FOr a start. <:

Feb 12, 2008 at 8:54 PM
If i can im going to make it multiple choice ending, like when after you fight curly, you get a choice to kill her which changes the original story, or let her live which goes by the story it will make the mod take alot longer but it would be worth it.

Feb 12, 2008 at 9:27 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I like the plot, we the bad ppl. hehehe. you cant fight quote tho.... right?

Feb 12, 2008 at 10:02 PM
If I replaced Sue's sprites with quotes you could

Feb 13, 2008 at 9:47 AM
Justin-chan
Hm,plenty of bugs.

-You forgot an event for one of the door
-You don't have any death events like if you fall down, you die, but you won't die, its infinite
-In the Prefab House, or something, when you get the Polar Star, (unsure if chest will open, forgot), you can search the chest again and it will play the Life Capsule event, removing the life capsule. And searching the chest again gives you the life capsule again. :/

Feb 13, 2008 at 10:03 AM
I told you its only the opening sequence, but I already fixed the life capsule and chest issues

Feb 13, 2008 at 10:46 AM
Justin-chan
Just because its only the opening sequence doesn't mean I can't tell you what bugs there are. If I didn't tell you, someone else will in the future. Why not now so that you can fix it earlier. Jeez.

Feb 13, 2008 at 11:00 AM
Well I wouldn't call the lack of a death sequence and doors not working a bug.. I just haven't wrote the event yet. Actually I don't know how to put the falling death sequence.. yet.

But I rarely miss out on a bug since I test every new map I make at least 20 times.

Feb 13, 2008 at 11:17 AM
Justin-chan
Lawl. Metalogz told me to test after making every event. To think I was the one who taught him to mod at first, now, he is better than me! XD

Death sequence? Just make a H/V trigger there and give it the falling death event. :/

Its in Head script, the falling death event, that is.

Feb 13, 2008 at 11:54 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
jcys810 said:
To think I was the one who taught him to mod at first, now, he is better than me! XD

O.o...
Thanks you? :cool:

Feb 13, 2008 at 9:48 PM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
Beep.
Good luck.
And, just a question...
When?

Feb 13, 2008 at 11:57 PM
Months, years even.. no maybe a few months.