It makes NO story

Mar 6, 2021 at 6:34 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
https://mega.nz/folder/P5Q2GZxT#sw7BkAlQeAKf_b-iEsoZfQ Here is another mod. You can play as curly or quote. Quote is equipped with a spur and booster 2.0 (And a blade) in which curly is not. However, Curly has her machine gun and a nemesis, AND an air tank AND a heart from the creepy old little man in the graveyard. Just talk to him with curly, not quote.

Mar 6, 2021 at 4:39 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Well, looks like this one is definitely a short mod. Interesting how you gave us a save file that starts us out at the Core with all these items equipped, where it's a dead end, and also how you have the new game start us out in the First Cave where it's a dead end. I actually thought that the switching between Quote and Curly mechanic was pretty cool, although if I switch to Curly Brace, and then back to Quote, the Booster 2.0 doesn't properly re-equip, and I can't use it. I also got a chuckle out of the sudden life-capsule message in First Cave that cuts off half-way through, and only gives you 1 extra HP. Not sure why you decided to incorporate the multiple save slots hack.

Seriously, if you put some lengthy work into a mod, you could make something pretty amusing.

Mar 6, 2021 at 5:03 PM
"Huzzah!"
Switching between Quote and Curly Brace is cool but how do you leave the first cave?

Mar 6, 2021 at 5:05 PM
Based Member
I assumed it was on purpose that you can't leave the First Cave, that that was part of the joke of this mod.

Mar 6, 2021 at 7:23 PM
Based Member
Man, I'm really not as good at keeping track of all these name changes and avatar changes as I used to be, even though the forums are a lot less active. I only just realized that Brite is the same account as SuperCaveStory, he just changed his avatar and had DT change his name.

Well, this and Rivers Story are an improvement over his Cave Story 3 and Hard Mode mods, so that's encouraging to see.

Mar 6, 2021 at 9:51 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I assumed it was on purpose that you can't leave the First Cave, that that was part of the joke of this mod.
Switch to curly or quote to get weapons to leave the cave. I also (for some reason) made the core have 1 hp

Mar 7, 2021 at 2:54 AM
Based Member
Oh, you're right, I totally missed that. Well, I'm probably not going to play through this whole thing, but I got a good chuckle out of King Arthur's reaction to Curly. Something tells me that not a lot of the original game was changed once you get to Mimiga Village, though.

Mar 8, 2021 at 4:02 AM
Teleport to the egg corridor and then immediately teleport to King's House. Do this a couple of times as new portal slots appear. After doing this about 4 times, the spongebob slot should pop up. Then go there to kill the core.

Mar 8, 2021 at 1:51 PM
Based Member
Teleport to the egg corridor and then immediately teleport to King's House. Do this a couple of times as new portal slots appear. After doing this about 4 times, the spongebob slot should pop up. Then go there to kill the core.
Is that some super special secret you put in the mod, expecting almost no one would find it?

Mar 8, 2021 at 6:32 PM