Is it possible to heal before the Sacred Grounds?

Jan 19, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Yeah, I got hit by some giant bricks before entering the Prefab Building, and now my health is stuck at 25/45...

I'm no stranger when it comes to Cave Story; I'm sure I could eventually beat the place with my deficient health, but I hate how I have to constantly monitor my health loss.
Is there a way to heal back to full health before jumping into the pit?

Jan 20, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Nope.

Jan 20, 2013 at 12:11 AM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
First off, if I remember correctly, you'll have 50 hp by the end of the game if you get all the health capsules. Second, no, you fucked up. I suppose you could use the life jar, if you got that.

Jan 20, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Professional Whatever
Hack game

Jan 20, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
What Magic said. It's really easy to do, if you can't do it yourself one of us (me maybe) could do it for you.

Jan 20, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Send me the save and I'll fix it for you.

You can also fully heal by flipping backwards and forth between B2F and B3F.

Jan 20, 2013 at 1:08 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
sexplosive said:
First off, if I remember correctly, you'll have 50 hp by the end of the game if you get all the health capsules. Second, no, you fucked up. I suppose you could use the life jar, if you got that.
I have 45 HP excluding the capsule you receive in the Sacred Grounds. I do have the life pot, but I have vowed to only use it after the Heavy Press (to be fully healed for Ballos).

MagicDoors said:
Hack game
Tpcool said:
What Magic said. It's really easy to do, if you can't do it yourself one of us (me maybe) could do it for you.
I'm currently playing on a 3DS (the downloaded version, not the cartridge, if it matters); I don't think it's hack-able.

andwhyisit said:
The bookshelf lets you try balcony again. Use it and just don't get hit.
All it does is teleports you to the door of the Throne Room, it doesn't replenish your health or weapons...

Thanks for your responses, and I was actually pm-ed a solution (which was flying in and out of the B3rd floor while collecting the two hearts that apparently respawn whenever the room is re-entered). I probably won't be able to beat 3' by using this method, but now I do have a way of replenishing my health.

Jan 20, 2013 at 1:28 AM
Professional Whatever
Play PC version
Hack game

Jan 20, 2013 at 1:32 AM
/end
I sure do love it when a user actually helps another user instead of inserting some useless one word answer or answers with something that isn't even their problem.

+1 andwhy

Jan 20, 2013 at 1:46 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
andwhyisit said:
Send me the save and I'll fix it for you.
The 3DS save? Are you actually able to "fix" it?

Jan 20, 2013 at 2:07 AM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
Latheon said:
The 3DS save? Are you actually able to "fix" it?
He thought you used the PC version, there is no legal way to hack CS3DS. Try the PC version sometime, its much more flexable incase you fuck up.

Jan 20, 2013 at 2:47 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Try the PC version sometime, its much more flexable incase you fuck up.

I already have. This is just the first time (in any version of Cave Story) that I've accidentally been damaged on the way to the Prefab Building.

Jan 20, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I edited my post so you may have missed this but you can fully heal by flipping backwards and forth between B2F and B3F. Essentially enemies, hearts, etc. will reset if you go to B2F and immediately back to B3F. You can farm health this way and it's a great way to practice B3F. Beat Hell and Ballos (regardless of time mind you) and you'll unlock Time Attack mode which will allow you to speedrun Hell with full health. Good luck!

Jan 21, 2013 at 2:54 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
andwhyisit said:
I edited my post so you may have missed this but you can fully heal by flipping backwards and forth between B2F and B3F. Essentially enemies, hearts, etc. will reset if you go to B2F and immediately back to B3F. You can farm health this way and it's a great way to practice B3F. Beat Hell and Ballos (regardless of time mind you) and you'll unlock Time Attack mode which will allow you to speedrun Hell with full health. Good luck!
I saw it, though only after someone else gave me the same advice. I'm glad I would have received the answer either way though, thank you for bringing it up.

I've been using the method and it works very nicely for keeping my health at 50. Now I just need to regain my ability to defeat Ballos as I haven't fought him in forever, but I can finally reach him now!

Feb 2, 2013 at 5:55 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
You can heal before the Sacred Grounds. Just sleep in the bed, and you'll get healed (I know, it's incredible that the game allows you to sleep when the island is about to be destroyed). As to whether there's a save and healing station between the Sacred Grounds and the Ballos fight, I have no clue. I hope there is, because if I ever do beat the Sacred Grounds, I don't want to start the whole level over again if I lose against Ballos and his multiple ball forms. (The secret ending levels are more terrifying than the Abyss levels in Poacher, though the secret boss in that game still freaks me).

Feb 20, 2013 at 5:12 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
You can exploit the game. just beat the corridor of the sacred grounds (where the rock falls) and then, in the 3rd room, there are goin' to be some hearts. Grab them, go back to the corridor, go back to the 3rd room, back to the corridor, back to the 3rd room, and so.

Feb 25, 2013 at 4:32 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
well yea and nay there ARE methods, bot otherwise, youre screwed.

Feb 25, 2013 at 12:22 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I know if you check the bookcase it takes you back outside, but I don't know if it restores your health or keeps it as it was in the prefab house.