Interested in a Cave Story Forum Style?

Mar 30, 2005 at 4:53 AM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Just something I thought about just now. It seems that more and more people are finding these forums through the Cave Story Tribute site. Even though the Cave Story site is just a small part of the GameFlaws forum, it seems that maybe many of you all may wish to view the forums in a Cave Story style, with graphics and sprites from the game for the buttons and such. I might have to hold off for a bit before getting started on it since I've been rather busy these days, but it is just an idea for now in case you all would be interested in another forum style option. What kind of content would you like to see on a Cave Story themed forum style if one were to be created?

-SkyeWelse

Mar 30, 2005 at 6:50 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
That would be great! Uh...how about something with Curly in it? :3

Mar 30, 2005 at 7:19 AM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Big Curly fan I see. :) Well it wouldn't be hard to do and considering that she is one of the main characters, it would be wrong not to have her in the style theme. Which reminds me, I still need to finish working on making an animated gif of her walking from the screenshots I took...

-SkyeWelse

Mar 31, 2005 at 7:45 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Alright! That would be great! :)

Apr 23, 2005 at 5:42 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Ooh sweet, how about barlog, I love that crazy T.V =D

Apr 23, 2005 at 12:37 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
I think everyone does... I recently saw this too, which gave me an idea to make my own someday:

p1695-0-balrogpapercraft.jpg

Balrog will most definitely be on a Cave Story forum style. Though, I'm probably going to have to wait a bit more after my school fiinals end before creating one.

-SkyeWelse

Jun 4, 2005 at 8:00 PM
blizgerg
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"
Hi! My first time here. Love this game :(

Why use screen shots? There are bmp images of all the game graphics in the data directory. (there named .pbm but there bmp format or at least irfanview says they are :))

Jun 15, 2005 at 4:17 AM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Yeah, Cave Story is a great game. ^_^

Well, I know most of the graphical content is in bmp format, but the size is very, very small and when enlarged becomes distorted. I wish I could do that, that would make things much easier.

-SkyeWelse

Jun 16, 2005 at 1:50 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
SkyeWelse said:
Well, I know most of the graphical content is in bmp format, but the size is very, very small and when enlarged becomes distorted. I wish I could do that, that would make things much easier.
I can enlarge all of the images to the size they appear in Cave Story (2x) easily and quickly. (using the amazing little program called GraphicConverter, by the way, which lets you batch-convert images)

Here's a zip file (484kb) with all of the images in it, enlarged to twice their original size, then re-saved as PNGs. If you prefer a different format, it is trivial for me to convert them, so just ask.