Infinite Mimiga Mask Hack and Hex Patcher Help

Feb 21, 2020 at 4:29 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I've been looking for information on the IMMH (Infinite Mimiga Mask Hack) and the Hex patcher with Booster's Lab (version 0.5.1.1). I can't find a tutorial on how to work the hex patcher with booster's lab, or the hacks. Everything I find is either outdated, unavailable downloads, or just incompatible with either my CPU or my version of Booster's lab. any information, pointers or tips are appreciated.

Feb 21, 2020 at 4:42 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Here you go!

1. Click this.
p372526-0-kg3wfi.png

2. Double click that.
p372526-1-p16nui.png

3. Click this.
p372526-2-4okui6.png

4. Click that.
p372526-3-x4oung.png

5. Click this.
p372526-4-x4zf9b.png

6. Click that.
p372526-5-fsiqmo.png

Insert Claoose screaming.

Feb 21, 2020 at 4:48 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
my booster's lab has that greyed out, how do I "activate" it?

EDIT: thanks for the step by step tutorial

Feb 21, 2020 at 5:45 PM
War criminal
my booster's lab has that greyed out, how do I "activate" it?
There's a good chance you've already tried this, but just in case: open a mod before being able to use the Hackinator.

Feb 21, 2020 at 11:21 PM
how would I do that?

EDIT: I think it's worth mentioning that I'm trying to mod CS+, just to clear up some possible confusion

EDIT 2: I got the hexpater and hackinator usable, but now it says i need to load a .exe file first

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2020 at 12:52 AM
War criminal
You can't use the Hackinator on CS+ then, it does not share the same executable Vanilla does, making every hack incompatible. If you wish to continue modding and work with the limitations, click on "Open stage.tbl" and find the stage.tbl file in the CS+ directory (usually it's in Program Files (x86) > Steam > Steamapps > Common > Cave Story+).

Feb 22, 2020 at 2:54 AM
would plus porter also transfer the hacks with everything else?

Feb 22, 2020 at 3:17 AM
Based Member
would plus porter also transfer the hacks with everything else?
Unfortunately not. The only EXE edits in freeware CS that Plus Porter supports transferring over are edits to data that are stored outside the EXE in CS+. This includes the data in arms_level.tbl, bullet.tbl, music.tbl, npc.tbl, pixtone.tbl, stage.tbl, and wave.dat. Assembly hacks like the infinite mimiga mask hack are unfortunately outside of the scope of what Plus Porter supports. In fact, this conversation was had on the thread for Plus Porter, and the infinite mimiga mask hack was mentioned in that conversation.

Feb 22, 2020 at 5:06 PM
last question, would either the CSE2 or the NXEngine support the hack?

Feb 22, 2020 at 10:31 PM
War criminal
last question, would either the CSE2 or the NXEngine support the hack?
CSE2: No, but there are some hacks being converted to C code in order to compile into the project, and <MIM is one of the the hacks being worked on.

NxEngine: *laughs in broken*

Feb 23, 2020 at 5:58 PM
Feb 24, 2020 at 3:36 AM
War criminal
Shouldn't this take five seconds?
Hasn't been published, afaik. I'm not even in the CSE2 discord, I just know about this through a few CSE2 users.

Mar 17, 2020 at 2:10 AM
I can see if it's actually possible if the OP really wants <MIM in CS+ I guess.

I need it in my mod that i'm making so I would love to have it in CSE2, I've changed sights from CS+ so that would be amazing if you could do that

Mar 17, 2020 at 2:21 AM
War criminal
Zxin's gone from this forum, sadly. You can talk to him in the CSMC Discord server, though.

Mar 17, 2020 at 2:40 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Nobody mods CS+, CS+ has nothing over CSE2, and barely had anything over vanilla while introducing a ton of limitations.

Also I want to point out that technically nothing is impossible to so in CSE2 since you have the source code available. People have hypothetically talked about it being possible in vanilla (especially with the trojan sound.dll injects) but nobody took that statement seriously since DDraw was the biggest hurdle in the way.

Mar 17, 2020 at 5:03 AM
War criminal
Nobody mods CS+, CS+ has nothing over CSE2, and barely had anything over vanilla while introducing a ton of limitations.

Also I want to point out that technically nothing is impossible to so in CSE2 since you have the source code available. People have hypothetically talked about it being possible in vanilla (especially with the trojan sound.dll injects) but nobody took that statement seriously since DDraw was the biggest hurdle in the way.
CarrotLord, is that you?