I'm getting Cave Story 3D!

Sep 7, 2015 at 2:53 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
So I got a pretty good deal on Amazon. It's Cave Story 3D, for the price of $30 including shipping. It comes with the game, case, manual and holographic sleeve. I think that's awesome, considering how high priced the game can be. I owned it a few years back on my old 3DS and I sold that at the same time I sold the 3DS.

On a side note, it looks as though Quote won't be getting a spot in Super Smash Bros. I voted for him, but it looks like the majority of voters asked for Shovel Knight. I haven't played that game yet, so I don't really have any positive or negative feelings about that.

Sep 7, 2015 at 3:02 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
congrats?

Sep 7, 2015 at 3:09 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Yeah this is kind of a pointless post. I made it while still pretty pumped. Sorry about that. Still, I can finally finish 3HP challenge though. I made it to Monster X doing 3HP and Windows 10 update made game unplayable.

If you think I should delete it, just let me know. I probably should have thought making this thread through a bit more.

Sep 7, 2015 at 6:16 AM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
When the E-shop version of CS appeared, it just appeared and had a short place in the monthly recommendations.
When Shovel knight appeared, there already was a lot of advertising, and there was this 'Free theme if you bought the game in a certain time' campaign. And besides also appearing in the monthly recommendations, it stayed on the front page for a while.
Thats why shovel knight is more popular.

Sep 7, 2015 at 6:49 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
For a version of CS that everyone loves to complain about it certainly disappeared from the shelves in a hurry.

When the E-shop version of CS appeared, it just appeared and had a short place in the monthly recommendations.
When Shovel knight appeared, there already was a lot of advertising, and there was this 'Free theme if you bought the game in a certain time' campaign. And besides also appearing in the monthly recommendations, it stayed on the front page for a while.
Thats why shovel knight is more popular.
Not sure how this post is at all relevant to Cave Story 3D.

Cave Story 3D != Cave Story eShop

Sep 7, 2015 at 8:00 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
The part you quoted was there because of my side note on Quote for SSB.

Also, the game wasn't in production for all that long, I don't think so anyway. That's probably why it's so rare, especially with the box and everything. Never understood all the hatred for Cave Story 3D, I actually liked it when I played it last. But you know how people are with nostalgia. They just want to experience what they experienced the first time they played, but it's really difficult to make that happen.

Sep 7, 2015 at 12:11 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Sep 7, 2015 at 2:20 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
For a version of CS that everyone loves to complain about it certainly disappeared from the shelves in a hurry.
wouldn't that just mean that nobody bought it, so they never bothered to make any more?

Sep 8, 2015 at 12:39 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
wouldn't that just mean that nobody bought it, so they never bothered to make any more?
Uh, no. You would have copies in every store if that were the case. It's a simple case of demand exceeding supply. If you look at the interviews you will see that NIS was worried that the game wouldn't sell as well, so of course they would produce less physical units. The game clearly flew off the shelves before they even could occupy the shelves. I'm serious. It was a blink and you'd miss it affair. I thought they were just late coming in, when in fact they had come in and sold out before I could notice. I only have a copy of CS3D because I got incredibly lucky at the time and found that one store that still had that one copy of the game left.

Sep 8, 2015 at 12:42 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
lucky bastard

Sep 9, 2015 at 11:28 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I got one too, but I had to pay up approx 55$. Still, I recon I can get most of that back if I dislike it and sell it.

Sep 9, 2015 at 3:15 PM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
I had the chance to buy one, but it was over 60 dollars and I only had enough for smash

Sep 9, 2015 at 5:14 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
it's 20 dollars at both game stores near me
where the fuck are you guys buying this

Sep 9, 2015 at 5:17 PM
Serri Online
War criminal
Online, probably. Isn't the max price for 3DS games in-stores $40?

EDIT: 936 posts. 9+3+6 = 18, 1+8 = ⑨

Sep 9, 2015 at 5:26 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Online, probably. Isn't the max price for 3DS games in-stores $40?

EDIT: 936 posts. 9+3+6 = 18, 1+8 = ⑨
Here in Europe, I think it's like 45 euro's.
If I'm right, that one 3DS FiFa game is 50 euro's or something.

Sep 9, 2015 at 7:32 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
it's 20 dollars at both game stores near me
where the fuck are you guys buying this

It's quite rare here in Europe. 55$ was one of the cheapest around. For that, it has a localized cover in german. The game is still in english thou... ;-)

Sep 10, 2015 at 12:43 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I don't recall mine being anywhere near that expensive (not that I wouldn't have paid for it anyway if it was).

Sep 27, 2015 at 8:08 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
If anything, I would play that version for its soundtrack and really nothing else. No offense.