Igor theory

Sep 7, 2012 at 1:30 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
When you fight Igor in Egg corrider, he reverts back to a regular mimiga and dies. but later on the balcony he's there alive and well. So does that mean igor came back to life or is it another mimga?

Sep 7, 2012 at 1:58 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I'm pretty sure that the Mimiga on the Balcony is an entirely different one from Igor, and that just that Pixel just used the same entity. After all, he did use the same entity for the not quite as dangerous Mimigas that were enraged. It would be very far-fetched to say that Igor not only came back to life, but also became enraged again, as well as somehow made his way to the Balcony. Captain Obvious, signing out.

I wonder what kind of theory Quote99 would cook up.

Sep 7, 2012 at 2:01 AM
Yeah That seems about right. and what the deal with Quote99?

Sep 7, 2012 at 2:06 AM
Based Member
Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 7, 2012 at 2:23 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
It may be possible that he didn't really die and that the Doctor 'relocated' him when he (presumably) ransacked the Egg Corridor

Sep 7, 2012 at 2:45 AM
That's a good point too. I think he just fainted after the battle like in Pokemon.

Sep 7, 2012 at 3:00 AM
Based Member
Well seeing as how Toroko clearly died when you fought her, I think you probably killed Igor as well. Then again, Toroko disappeared, whereas Igor's body could still be seen. And the former is how most Cave Story characters die, so I guess it's not impossible that Igor lived, especially considering that you had less powerful weapons when you face him that when you faced Toroko. Then again, Curly's body doesn't disappear if she dies. That is a good point, but I still think Igor died.

EDIT: 475th post! Now eat at Big Joes!

Jun 15, 2016 at 10:10 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Simply Doctor has offered to Igor to taste the red flowers that gives a lot of power to mimigas and has accepted his egg corridor guard work but after fighting Igor in Egg Corridor he gets knocked out and probably he comes back to doctor on Sue's cutscene then the doctor enrages him again and leave him on balcony

Jun 15, 2016 at 10:21 PM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Simply Doctor has offered to Igor to taste the red flowers that gives a lot of power to mimigas and has accepted his egg corridor guard work but after fighting Igor in Egg Corridor he gets knocked out and probably he comes back to doctor on Sue's cutscene then the doctor enrages him again and leave him on balcony
where did the doctor get the red flowers before he located them at the sand zone?

Jun 15, 2016 at 10:37 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Actually, there was four mimigas that Misery found in the Sand Zone. She must've sent them to the Doc to be force fed flowers. Later on, you see four frenzied mimigas on the Balcony...

Jun 16, 2016 at 2:35 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
where did the doctor get the red flowers before he located them at the sand zone?

It's actually unknown but we know that some mimigas has found some red flowers around (ex. In grasstown hut on the bed) and you can find red flowers petals around the bed inside egg corridor's cabin that i belive Its Igor's house ans thise flowers in arthur house looks a bit suspictous..., even wikipedia says that igor has ate the red flowers and fact he's a guard to the balcony stays for fact he works for doctor, and the only person i think he would call master must be the Doctor again (nicalis has changed the translation to professor so maybe he means the doctor or maybe not)

Jun 22, 2016 at 5:31 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
it's another mimiga dude, another one who previously ate a red flower :)

Jun 23, 2016 at 3:59 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
and fact he's a guard to the balcony stays for fact he works for doctor, and the only person i think he would call master must be the Doctor again (nicalis has changed the translation to professor so maybe he means the doctor or maybe not)
Igor's master was a character that died before the events of Cave Story, some time after that Igor found some red flowers and the rest is history. Pixel mentioned this in an interview.

EDIT: Here it is:
Early on in the game a character inside Egg Tell us about "Master's Eggs." Some players are under the impression that Igor is referring to the evil doctor.

I don't usually any character settings that are confirmed or set in stone during development....

In the Egg Corridor, one of the flying dragon eggs hatches. There was a professor who managed and examined the eggs inside the Egg Corridor. This doctor was not THE doctor nor Professor Booster. (And of course not even Dr. Gero) This person does not appear in the game, but performed tests alone. Before dying from old age, this professor met a lost Mimiga (Igor). Igor loved and respected the professor and continued the work. At a later time, though, Igor ate a red flower. Players see the result pretty early on in the game.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2016 at 10:17 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Well, the thread's title is Igor theory, so here's my theory:
It's kind of obvious that Igor was working in the Egg Corridor, as we can see red flowers in the laboratory. he ate them, either to be stronger or because the doctor made him to do so. Anyways, Doctor managed to made him protect the eggs, because he wields that crown. When we defeat Igor, he reverts to his mimiga form, and then dies, because when we re-enter the corridor, he disappears. I don't know why was he dying slower than Toroko, maybe Toroko ate more flowers?

Aug 2, 2016 at 10:59 PM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
It's kind of obvious that Igor was working in the Egg Corridor, as we can see red flowers in the laboratory. he ate them, either to be stronger or because the doctor made him to do so. Anyways, Doctor managed to made him protect the eggs, because he wields that crown. When we defeat Igor, he reverts to his mimiga form, and then dies, because when we re-enter the corridor, he disappears. I don't know why was he dying slower than Toroko, maybe Toroko ate more flowers?
read the post literally before you

Aug 3, 2016 at 8:59 AM
I've just noticed something. i
Igor must be important, because when you defeat him, message 'You've defeated Igor' (or something like that) appears. Why does pixel want to tell us his name? I mean, he could've just leave it without pop-up or write something like 'protector'.

Aug 3, 2016 at 9:10 AM
War criminal
I've just noticed something. i
Igor must be important, because when you defeat him, message 'You've defeated Igor' (or something like that) appears. Why does pixel want to tell us his name? I mean, he could've just leave it without pop-up or write something like 'protector'.
The same reason why Pixel wanted us to know the names for Omega, Monster X, Dragon Sisters, Ma Pignon, and Red Demon. He could've just written them as "Rock Chomp", "X Tank", "Flying Lizards", "Blue Mushroom", and "Droll Reskin".

Aug 3, 2016 at 9:18 AM
The same reason why Pixel wanted us to know the names for Omega, Monster X, Dragon Sisters, Ma Pignon, and Red Demon. He could've just written them as "Rock Chomp", "X Tank", "Flying Lizards", "Blue Mushroom", and "Droll Reskin".
Oh. Right :p
Sorry.

Aug 3, 2016 at 2:52 PM
Based Member
read the post literally before you
Novakid's theory doesn't actually contradict the information given to us by Pixel about the professor who worked with Igor. The reason why Igor ate red flowers is not specified, so the Doctor could have shown up after the professor died and made Igor eat them, and taken command of him. The line Igor made about "PROTECTING MASTER'S EGGS" might have been a combination of the Doctor making him guard the eggs, and remnants of his previous loyalty to the professor. Novakid's theory is plausible.