ignore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 9, 2016 at 7:56 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Not what i'm aiming for, i'll be taking suggestions and incorporating them as I go along.
If the suggestions are just that, then it will be that.
Otherwise, no.
Expect a LOT of suggestions(or critizism), since it looks like there aren't much changes yet.

I've only seen one case of a TSC noob.
Like when I made Monostory? I only knew how to edit the dialogues back then. :p

Feb 9, 2016 at 7:58 PM
hi hi
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
There's only one case I've ever seen of a TSC master.
RIP Enlightened.

Not what i'm aiming for, i'll be taking suggestions and incorporating them as I go along.
If the suggestions are just that, then it will be that.
Otherwise, no.
Well, sprite/dialogue edits are slightly overrated. Plus they are boring. So yeah, don't go for it, make something original. Good luck!

Feb 9, 2016 at 7:58 PM
leader of the meme team feat. tom, snaf and polad
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Protip: Use Imgur.com to upload and host images, instead of using your clipboard. You can't just...copy something from your computer and paste it into the browser. You need to physically upload the file you want to share to the internet for people to actually be able to see it.

Also another protip is...why are you using github just to upload a mod? Use Mediafire, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc. All of these methods will let you upload your mod for free, and they just make much more sense than using github tbh.

Feb 9, 2016 at 8:03 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Eh?! How the ***k did you get a copy?
I didn't, have you even seen the OP?:
Changes (so far)
- Title Screen now says "UNDER Story"
- "New" and "Load" choices are now in the font "DETERMINATION Mono".
- The Character is now Frisk with a red hat.
- Save Points are now piles of leaves.
- Health Monitors are now Monster Candies.
- Dialog Changes:
All death dialog is now "Frisk, Stay Determined!"
The "Yes / No" cursor is now your SOUL.
- The "ghost" in Grasstown is now Napstablook.

Feb 9, 2016 at 8:10 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Oh . . . I thought the GitHub was working for y'all and I was just being unlucky, sorry.

@Scott B. you might want to actually give us a link to the mod today.

EDIT: 400th pot... ... ... post.
It's uploading to G.Drive now so there's no fuss about the f**king download anymore :(
It's ~50% now

It's uploading to G.Drive now so there's no fuss about the f**king download anymore :(
It's ~50% now
and now complete. Yay! No more download BS!

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 9, 2016 at 8:15 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Why are all the files in a folder? Isn't it easier to just .ZIP it?(It'll save a lot of time downloading since google drive zips everything when downloading.)

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2016 at 8:22 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
p212468-0-adyue5v.png

Why do all the filenames end with .pbm? Did you attempt to change them back to .bmp or what?(Which you don't need to do providing you converted them to bmp first properly)
Cave Story will freeze if it can't find the files just because the filenames have been changed.
EDIT:Welp the current download is fixed now, except Quote is still Quote.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2016 at 8:34 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I don't think I'll write any mod notes this time considering how unfinished the mod is, so instead I'll give you a short list of points:
- Having the mod open in fullscreen by default is generally a bad idea. Try having it default to 640 x 480.
- Considering how short the little intro before the title screen is, you may want to change it soon. At the very least, change "Studio Pixel presents..." to something more fitting.
- Quote doesn't look like Frisk with a red hat; he still looks like Quote.
- The save disks haven't turned into piles of leaves. They're still save disks. Also, speaking of save disks, why is "Determined" in "Get Determined" capitalized? If I recall correctly, it was either all lowercase or all uppercase.

It seems like you didn't upload the correct version because there aren't any of the sprite changes you described. Honestly, this may be a little ambitious for what I assume is your first mod, but here're some suggestions:
- Change the Polar Star to a weaker, short-range Blade called Stick. Changing the range of the Blade has been done before, though I can't remember where.
- Try to actually change up the events/maps so it isn't literally just Cave Story with a thin coat of Undertale.

Feb 9, 2016 at 8:43 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Cut him some slack, he's not got past using pbms yet.
Why ask me to cut him some slack when I'm offering genuine feedback and advice? Besides, it looked to me like he got them to work for himself given the screenshot he put in the first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.