I`m thinking to make a Hungarian Cave Story

Apr 30, 2011 at 4:00 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Question - If I`d make (since I don`t support mods like Pixel, but Pixel liked translations...) a Hungarian version of CS would you guys put it up on the site?

I could make a Serbian version too.

Maybe it never gets downloaded, still...

Apr 30, 2011 at 4:07 PM
"Huzzah!"
trickybilly said:
Question - If I`d make (since I don`t support mods like Pixel, but Pixel liked translations...) a Hungarian version of CS would you guys put it up on the site?

I could make a Serbian version too.

Maybe it never gets downloaded, still...

it would be pretty cool to people who want to play the game... after all its for the community. but it will take time and effort.
i can help.

Apr 30, 2011 at 8:02 PM
Hyperbolic
Appreciated :toroko2:
I`d do the translation while you could do some scripting. That is changing the text after <MSG, or something like that. Or extract for me the English text and I would put a translation after every English sentence. Ideas?

Apr 30, 2011 at 8:08 PM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
What's with you and the Hungarians? Or are you from Hungary, which would make sense seeing you know a ton of Hungarian songs among other things.

/100th post

Apr 30, 2011 at 8:11 PM
"Huzzah!"
trickybilly said:
Appreciated :toroko2:
I`d do the translation while you could do some scripting. That is changing the text after <MSG, or something like that. Or extract for me the English text and I would put a translation after every English sentence. Ideas?

ill extract english and replace it with hungarian that you will translate off the exported.. alright?

Apr 30, 2011 at 8:16 PM
Hyperbolic
i`m Hungarian blood and nationality and Hungarian is my native language. I live in Serbia as minority. I`ve learned Serbian on a native level (I live there since my birth).

May 1, 2011 at 3:54 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I don't see anything wrong with it, but andy's the only one who can upload stuff to the Tribute Site.

May 9, 2011 at 10:53 AM
Hyperbolic
DoubleThink said:
I don't see anything wrong with it, but andy's the only one who can upload stuff to the Tribute Site.

Is that mean if it gets 100% done it won`t be uploaded to the site? I need to know before I continue. I won`t work for hours just to post it in a thread that will soon get old and the link stops working after a while. I don`t want it to be uploaded for "fame", moreover I might want to post it in "incognito", without listing it`s creator. I just don`t want to work in vain.

Oh soz, Garfield realized he should have posted this tread in the Ideas subsection.

May 10, 2011 at 8:22 AM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
You just need to get andy's attention, unless he's disappeared and I haven't noticed.

May 10, 2011 at 1:24 PM
Hyperbolic
k, thx

May 12, 2011 at 4:40 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Vercci said:
You just need to get andy's attention, unless he's disappeared and I haven't noticed.
I'm pretty sure he's still around here somewhere. Call it a hunch. ;)

trickybilly said:
Is that mean if it gets 100% done it won`t be uploaded to the site? I need to know before I continue. I won`t work for hours just to post it in a thread that will soon get old and the link stops working after a while. I don`t want it to be uploaded for "fame", moreover I might want to post it in "incognito", without listing it`s creator. I just don`t want to work in vain.
Don't worry I'll put it up. Just PM me or something when it's done and I'll put it on the site.

trickybilly said:
since I don`t support mods like Pixel
Pixel never said that he disapproved of mods.

http://www.cavestory.org/forums/posts/120041/

May 13, 2011 at 11:33 AM
Hyperbolic
Thank you :sun: