I found another bug in Cave Story+ (Nintendo Switch Version)

May 17, 2021 at 11:42 PM
"Huzzah!"
Has anyone else encountered this bug?

I was in Hidden Last Cave, and when one of those pillars were supposed to kill me, I didn't die, and I was stuck in one of them.

Considering they still haven't fixed the issue where the game crashes when you try doing a challenge, that just tells me that Nicalis doesn't know how to keep their games stable.

May 17, 2021 at 11:50 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
That's weird, it seems like that press should've killed you. I'd assume you wouldn't be able to replicate that glitch in the original freeware CS. Guess the Switch port isn't as polished as I thought. Not that I'm surprised, though.

May 17, 2021 at 11:54 PM
"Huzzah!"
That's weird, it seems like that press should've killed you. I'd assume you wouldn't be able to replicate that glitch in the original freeware CS. Guess the Switch port isn't as polished as I thought. Not that I'm surprised, though.
There's a possibility there's more bugs that we haven't discovered yet, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.

May 18, 2021 at 7:11 AM
War criminal
This is an interesting one. The closest I've ever seen, at least in modded vanilla, was the player getting pushed inside the floor while a TSC event was running. But this is in a spot in the Last Cave, with no H/V trigger or even a null entity that would allow this to happen.

May 28, 2021 at 1:14 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
That's not all the times that can happen, you can crush yourself with the rocket that sends you up to the last cave as long as you fall and stand under it before it comes back down, and you might end up softlocking in the ground, and also yes I found that glitch happening to me a lot recently. ( only occurred for me in Co-Op though)

May 28, 2021 at 1:18 AM
"Huzzah!"
That's not all the times that can happen, you can crush yourself with the rocket that sends you up to the last cave as long as you fall and stand under it before it comes back down, and you might end up softlocking in the ground, and also yes I found that glitch happening to me a lot recently. ( only occurred for me in Co-Op though)
The Co-Op in Cave Story + is kind of bullshit, because when one player dies, both players die.

May 28, 2021 at 1:24 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
The Co-Op in Cave Story + is kind of bullshit, because when one player dies, both players die.
Still home to the funniest glitches in CS though, like if you drop P2 during the Ironhead fight and add them back they will have normal gravity and the camera will act kind of strange

May 28, 2021 at 1:52 AM
"Huzzah!"
you can crush yourself with the rocket that sends you up to the last cave

that's actually a bug in all versions of cave story, i've even tested it in CS3D.
...now that i think about it, i wonder if the glitch in this thread was caused by being caught by a press during invulnerability frames?

May 28, 2021 at 3:13 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Honestly... that sounds more likely. Nicalis would have no reason to change any logic surrounding slopes, collision, or press enemy ai.