I don't really know where should i post this.

Feb 8, 2012 at 8:51 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Greetings.
I have come here in a desperate need to express my feelings about some things that have happened about 25 minutes ago. But let me start from the beginning.
Several years ago i've heard about Cave Story and have considered that i must play it no matter what, because i like this kind of games. But every time i remembered that afterwards, something always stopped me from playing it: serious business, other games and all that stuff. So, after some time i completely forgot about the game.
Today, a sudden idea hit my mind. I rapidly downloaded the game and started playing it. As you've probably guessed, it turned out to be awsome to me.
So, about 1.5 hrs ago i got to the final boss sequence. After that Hidden Last cave stage. As i expected, beating it was somewhat hard. So i worked hard, triying and trying to do that dozens of times, until i was able to defeat Misery and the first doctor form without losing a single hitpoint, and screw up a little on the third one.
Then came the fourth one. I guess it isn't SO hard, but i was a bit surprised by existence of that fourth boss stage itself. That's damn like Ninja Gaiden.
So, once again, i tried and tried (not that much this time), and finally got it beaten. I cannot possibly express my emotional state when i did that. This whole stage took me about 1.5 hours to beat.
I was somewhat exhaused and in need of a short break. So i paused the game and walked out of the room to get some food.
When i got back, i sure wanted to unpause it. My mind was a bit unfocused. So i unpaused the game, like i would automatically unpause any other game.
By pressing ESC again.

Feb 8, 2012 at 8:59 PM
Not COMMA
Discord Group Moderator
"..."
:momo:
Oh noeh!

But don't worry, once you beat the boss once, you can do it again.

Feb 8, 2012 at 9:06 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
You paused during the credits, right? So you already beat the game. In fact, your time should still be saved on the title screen.
Or maybe you paused during the cutscene. In any case, here you go. I should probably not have to state that there are giant mafuggin spoilers in the video, but I already did.

Feb 8, 2012 at 9:10 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Thaks, that's for sure, but i am just a bit frustrated.
After things like that, you usually get in a state, where all your accumulated skills start to weaken, because of repeating the same things over and over again. That's what i feel right now.
Somehow, while fighting the core all these times, i did not encounter any fish-rockets, but after that horrible failure they seem to spawn every time i get to this stage. The fact that i'm still using a machinegun does not really help, too.
And also, when i reached the first core, i experienced a power outage. After that i found out that one of my HD partitions is corrupt. That's the one which contains the game. So i started over, but that did not take long.
It's night here now, so i think i'm gonna sleep. Good rest really helps in these situations.

You paused during the credits, right? So you already beat the game. In fact, your time should still be saved on the title screen.
Or maybe you paused during the cutscene. In any case, here you go. I should probably not have to state that there are giant mafuggin spoilers in the video, but I already did.
Nope, i paused the game at that point where you have to follow Sue through the balcony. So the last save is before the boss.

Feb 8, 2012 at 9:15 PM
Been here way too long...
Well, just remember that you can refill your health by moving between the second and third areas of Sacred Grounds. The hearts will reappear each time.

Feb 9, 2012 at 10:52 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Cue every story about someone's batteries running out at a vital moment :koron: I feel for you man, such events suck the hope straight out through your fingers ;_;

Feb 9, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Not COMMA
Discord Group Moderator
"..."
Psst, Fab, I don't think he knows about that yet!

Feb 9, 2012 at 12:09 PM
"Huzzah!"
Japanese developers often don't follow interface conventions. Or else Pixel was just being sadistic.

Feb 9, 2012 at 1:08 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
If you're not going for the best ending, you could use the lifepot here.