Hp Bar for every entity

Aug 26, 2010 at 10:00 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
This is an interesting hack I did for somebody a while ago that I'm now going to release to the general public. It's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but in general it does what it's supposed to. When you shoot an enemy, a small HP bar appears above the sprite for a short time indicating remaining health. Enemies no longer generate damage numbers because it created conflict with certain variables that I needed to utilize. Furthermore, any of the enemies that have a death animation or for some other reason don't have a regular HP amount (Gaudi, Polish, Bute, etc.) will need to have the HP bar turned off or you'll just see a full bar and then it'll die. There is an info text, 5 hex files formatted for Carrotlord's autohacker, and a modified textbox.bmp to illustrate where the HP bar graphics go.

Direct Link
Mediafire Mirror

I'm not going to fix or change anything about it so if you want to use it and want it to behave differently then you can change it yourself.

Aug 26, 2010 at 10:13 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
How you manage to pull off things like this is a mystery to me :|

Aug 27, 2010 at 2:47 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Pretty cool. Tested it with some plantation enemies and it works nicely.

Doing a hellrun with this hack isn't as effective. Most hell enemies have abnormal hp amounts (like 1000, similar to gaudi), so the bars don't display correctly.