How to convert midi BPM to ORG Tempo?

Sep 19, 2015 at 9:55 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I'm wanting to recreate a midi song in orgmaker, but I need to know the "wait", and the midi only the BPM

Sep 19, 2015 at 10:11 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
p206853-0-skbtsly.png

You can use the arrows to convert the BPM and Wait time.

Sep 19, 2015 at 10:15 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
you're using the old version of orgmaker

Sep 19, 2015 at 11:48 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Yes, that's what I'm using. I got confused when Noxid said that I was using the old version. Is there like a formula or something to convert bpm and wait?
I remember seeing a topic on this somewhere, but I can't find it anywhere.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2015 at 12:01 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Are you positive you downloaded this specific version? I just did a test download and it is definitely v2.10 with the BPM conversion. The version you pictured looks like v2.05. Anyway, I believe the formula you are thinking about is this:
Source
Getting the tempo
The tempo in OrgMaker (locally called "Wait", see Figure 2, Label A) is based on the number of milliseconds per step. You will notice, that as you raise this value, the whole song gets slower and vice versa. The tempo written in music sheets have the opposite concept, which is based on beats per minute -- That is, the number of beats you can fit in a whole minute.

Here is the formula to get the equivalent "Wait" setting of a certain tempo in BPM:

wait = (60000 / tempo) / steps_per_beat

OrgMaker only accepts whole number values in the Wait setting. If you have a Wait result with decimal places, it depends whether you tends to make the song faster or slower. Round up to make it slower and vice versa.

Sep 20, 2015 at 1:46 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Ah! Yes I'm using 2.05, didn't realize there was a 2.10. Anyways, thanks for helping, it's appreciated alot! :)