How the heck do you make good orgs>!??!11

Sep 16, 2011 at 11:44 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
this is not a slam i just suck if anyone has a method behind this madness i would appreciate it XD

Sep 17, 2011 at 1:04 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Re: HOW THE HECK DO YOU MAKE GOOD MUSIC IN ORG OR PIXTONE?!!

You need pratice. Try leveling up the speakers volume and try again. Start making a simple music(2 instruments, no drums) and see if it's good. Then you add the drums(that means, add the drums to the music later). I don't tried this before because I'm not needing to do that now.

And please, don't use CAPS LOCK in all title.

EDIT: Yeah, Carrotlord (v) is right.

Sep 17, 2011 at 3:16 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."

The differentiation between what are normally considered dissonant sounds and lively music is embodied in a set of rules. These rules are known collectively as music theory.

Music theory can provide the basis for the structural soundness of music. If we see that music is made of some primitive components (i.e. notes), and a means of combination (i.e. sheet music or Organya files), then the method to get from the primitives to the means of combination is through the theory.

To find resources about music theory, you can look on Wikipedia or learn it from tutorial websites. Searching the Internet will help enlighten you and will hopefully turn you into a better composer, no matter your current skill level.

Sep 17, 2011 at 3:29 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."

What my dear friend carrotlord said.
The thing that's been most helpful to me is learning about keys, which goes a good long way towards making your music less ear-bleedy (although you must do a lot of other things as well). So learn about that first I guess?

Sep 17, 2011 at 3:58 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Something that really helped me a lot was listening to Cave Story's orgs, and also watching them play out.
Pixel is a musical genius, checking out what he created in org maker is a good way to learn. You can download all the orgs from Cave Story here (props to the devilishly handsome rogue who uploaded them).

Sep 17, 2011 at 4:14 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
cultr1 said:
Pixel is a musical genius
I distinctly remember reading an interview with Pixel that mentioned the music, and he answered that he just added a few random notes, listened to it, and if it sounds right keep it, if not - remove them try again. Repeat until track is done. (also I suppose he made minor adjustments when needed)
I'll try to find the interview but I doubt I will :p

Sep 17, 2011 at 5:37 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I too remember that interview. Pixel may not have extensive knowledge of music, but he definitely has an excellent intuitive feel for it.