How many of us are Futurama fans?

Oct 25, 2015 at 6:57 PM
"Forever coffee..."
Futurama was awesome. Even though towards the end of the show things got a bit worse (Fry went from average to just plain stupid and Bender lost some of his credibility) I still love it and want to know what you guys think.

Oct 25, 2015 at 7:10 PM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Oct 25, 2015 at 7:14 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Good news, everyone! I'm a fan, too!

Oct 25, 2015 at 7:17 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Futurama is a great show. Honestly it was probably my favorite at one point, but somewhere along the line it got less funny and I started liking other shows much more. The final few seasons, while definitely not bad and are still above average, couldn't hold a candle to pre-Rebirth episodes. There are still standout episodes during that era, including Lethal Inspection (seriously on par with Jurassic Bark in terms of how emotional it'll make you) and Viva Mars Vegas (which had me laughing much more than other episodes from around then), but the first five seasons of the show are still far superior. I'm pretty grateful that it even managed to get revived, regardless of how much the quality dwindled after its revival.

Oct 25, 2015 at 8:27 PM
"Forever coffee..."
Futurama is a great show. Honestly it was probably my favorite at one point, but somewhere along the line it got less funny and I started liking other shows much more. The final few seasons, while definitely not bad and are still above average, couldn't hold a candle to pre-Rebirth episodes. There are still standout episodes during that era, including Lethal Inspection (seriously on par with Jurassic Bark in terms of how emotional it'll make you) and Viva Mars Vegas (which had me laughing much more than other episodes from around then), but the first five seasons of the show are still far superior. I'm pretty grateful that it even managed to get revived, regardless of how much the quality dwindled after its revival.

I agree. The first seasons were much better, but later on there were still funny episodes.

Nov 18, 2015 at 1:52 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I'm a fan, I used to watch it daily and record it. My cousin said that it was an unfunny show. It was pretty good, However I did not like how many of the character's voices changed as time passed in my place, I think it kinda killed how good it was.

Talking about it, Futurama balances seriousness and unseriousness, That's why I like it.

What episode did you guys enjoy most?

Nov 18, 2015 at 1:56 AM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
Woop wooop woop woop!
Ill take 8!
So yes, i am a futurama fan. Its great because of the mix of comedy, sci-fi, and drama. Imo its ever better than the simpsons. Sad it got canceled :(

I'm a fan, I used to watch it daily and record it. My cousin said that it was an unfunny show. It was pretty good, However I did not like how many of the character's voices changed as time passed in my place, I think it kinda killed how good it was.

Talking about it, Futurama balances seriousness and unseriousness, That's why I like it.

What episode did you guys enjoy most?
How did their voices change? I get they sound a bit different later but thats just because of recording quality/actors aging. Bender sounds slightly different i guess but its only noticeable if you watch episode 1 and then the last episode right after eachother.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2015 at 2:01 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
How did their voices change? I get they sound a bit different later but thats just because of recording quality/actors aging. Bender sounds slightly different i guess but its only noticeable if you watch episode 1 and then the last episode right after eachother.

I am from Venezuela, So that means I am from South America. The voice actors of some characters changed (Such as Fry, Bender) and others. It honestly felt weird.

Nov 18, 2015 at 3:11 AM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
I am from Venezuela, So that means I am from South America. The voice actors of some characters changed (Such as Fry, Bender) and others. It honestly felt weird.
Ah ok. In the English version the actors stayed the same but the voices differed slightly throughout the series.

Nov 18, 2015 at 10:17 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Ah ok. In the English version the actors stayed the same but the voices differed slightly throughout the series.
Well that is to be expected I suppose, After all the show was released like in 1999 I think, Wouldn't your voice change from there to 2013? :p

Dec 18, 2015 at 11:57 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I am a fan.....

Dec 22, 2015 at 1:10 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Jesus, when was the last time I posted on these forums? Anyways yeah I used to love futurama back in my 2008 hay days. Used to watch it all the time on (no defunct) lithuanian MTV. My brother loved it too, we'd watch it together while eating microwaved TV dinners. That's what I remember from that year. Lots of microwave food and Futurama.