How do you make ANP?!

May 18, 2024 at 12:48 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Ok, I've seen a lot of mods and from the ones I've seen they usually use custom NPC animations, and I can't find any thread telling how to make one so if someone can just tell me already, I'd love to know so bad!

May 18, 2024 at 6:12 AM
"Huzzah!"
not entirely sure what you mean by 'custom NPC animations'? if you're talking about how to make NPCs move around, then yeah, that's through the <ANP command - each entity's animation states correspond to a number, and they're generally unique to that npc - ie. jack walking is 0008, but balrog walking is 0060... there's a list in booster's lab's help folder (incomplete, but lists most of the important npcs), or you can look at the original game scripts

anyway, the <ANP syntax is:

<ANPWWWW:XXXX:YYYY
W = the entity's event number (a four-digit number that you assign to it, such as 0100 and not to be confused with the entity number, which is what # it is on the entity list)
X = the animation number, see above
Y = the direction you want the entity to face, 0000 for left or 0002 for right

May 18, 2024 at 5:03 PM
Moo
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
For making custom animations, assuming with custom entities, which there is a guide for making them on freeware, the section for creating custom <ANPs is very uh, skeletal at best, and isn't further elaborated on for the rest of the guide. It's probably much easier to go learn to make them on the other platform people like to mod with.

If you're just asking for how to make NPCs move around, then yeah, follow Eli's advice. :)