How can I change or add to the music in the game?

Oct 21, 2012 at 1:59 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Can I use CE or SW do it?

Oct 21, 2012 at 2:05 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I'm going to leave this thread here for now so you can find it, but if you have any more questions about editing the game please ask them in this subforum.

You can't edit music with any of the current game editors. There's an explanation of how to do so here.

Oct 21, 2012 at 2:28 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
One program is all you need.

RESOURCE HACKER! *DUM DUM DUM*

Right click "Doukutsu.EXE" And click "Open With Resource Hacker"
And just change the music!(NOTE: the name of the song must be the same iwth the original one)

Oct 21, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Yes normally people will use Resource Hacker. Just google it.

If you can't figure out how to use ResHacker or it seems too hard, you can also remove a song and insert a different one using a hex editor. If the songs are different sizes, all you have to do is recalculate the relative virtual addressing structure of the entire executable and rewrite the necessary address data at the right offsets. However, this second method is REALLY HARD if you don't understand the x86 assembly language. It is also hard if you do understand a lot of assembly.

Oct 24, 2012 at 12:27 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Yes normally people will use Resource Hacker. Just google it.

If you can't figure out how to use ResHacker or it seems too hard, you can also remove a song and insert a different one using a hex editor. If the songs are different sizes, all you have to do is recalculate the relative virtual addressing structure of the entire executable and rewrite the necessary address data at the right offsets. However, this second method is REALLY HARD if you don't understand the x86 assembly language. It is also hard if you do understand a lot of assembly.

........wat, you got me at hex editor.

Oct 24, 2012 at 1:51 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
........wat, you got me at hex editor.

A hex editor is an editor that allows you to lay hexes. Or curses, or spells, as some people call them.

Oct 26, 2012 at 1:24 AM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
at first you can only do really simple ones, like cause bad luck, but you'll be making people into frogs in no time!

Oct 26, 2012 at 12:04 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"