hosting

Jul 10, 2006 at 12:19 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
when the hell did someone start hosting deluxe, i've been busy lately :o ?

Jul 10, 2006 at 1:25 AM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Someone named AtrusRand contacted me about the download wait/speed of having Cave Story Deluxe hosted at the rapidshare website. AtrusRand said that he could host the file at his site and that bandwidth wasn't a problem, so now there is a direct link to it. :o

-SkyeWelse

Jul 10, 2006 at 2:24 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I hope he realizes that im gonna make a next version soon, and its going to be a torrent, should save him money on bandwidth if he still wants to host it. Im actually thinking about hosting the torrent at my upcoming google webpage. I dunno, just kinda confused that he didnt ask me if he could host it. I know its made with other software and Cave Story is freeware but I made the installer. I dont mind it, just kind of wished he would have asked me first :confused: .

Jul 10, 2006 at 5:11 AM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Hmm, perhaps, but I'm not sure he is a visitor of the forum so unless he looked at the copyright notice (if there was one) on the installer, he probably didn't know who you were when he thought to host it.

At any rate, as the creator of the Cave Story Deluxe installer, if you think that the link should be removed/changed/replaced on the next Cave Story Tribute Site update, just let me know or PM/Email me with details on what you would like to do and it will be remedied.

-SkyeWelse

Jul 10, 2006 at 8:15 AM
Oh no, I dont mind it at all. I just kind of wished he would have asked me. Not only because he's hosting something I made (made using kind of crappy free software, dont worry, I might use nullsoft install system which is used by proffesionals all over the world for the next version if I can learn how to write scripts :confused: ), but also to try to keep him informed on updates someday when I get the chance to make the next version (either LATE this year or early next year, latest will be next summer, a long way away I know but I've been busy with school, anime addiction :D , and other games I play.). Kudos to him! Though I have a few different sites of my own (a crappy freewebs one and an awesome new google webpages one where you get 100 mbs of storage!). Also I see a LOT of new people here. That's awesome, the more the merrier I always say! :D

Jul 10, 2006 at 6:59 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
I'll send you a PM with his contact information after I finish this post. That way you'll be able to contact him directly in case you wanted him to directly host the next version of the installer.

Keep up the good work! : )

-SkyeWelse