Holy Crap, a mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 10, 2007 at 9:02 PM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I've been working on a mod for awhile now, and I think It's about time I showed a demo. You'll start the game as a mimiga, in a cave with memory loss... and wander around from there. (Yes, I was cheap and used the mimiga mask sprites)

Screenies:
diph.php

Start Point

diph.php

Your 1st weapon is the bubbler.

diph.php

Yep. Weapon upgrades. Woohoo.

Download:
.ZIP

Have fun, and leave input. :rolleyes:

Feb 10, 2007 at 10:50 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Okay, a short review. First things first.

--Start Point--
So I'm a mimiga now. One who suddenly lost his memory, and knows about it. The design here is happy, however.

--First Cave--
I noticed I'm staring at a fake block as soon as I walk out of the door. It's pretty easy to catch, seeing all those steamed holes in the wall. After breezing through the obvious fake passage, I noticed a fork in the road. I investigated the upper part...

--Hermit Gunsmith--
Again, amnesia was brought up. The crazy old man also gave my unremembering mind a bubble shooter. I guess he favors travelers. And likes to keep his best things safely hidden behind breakable blocks.

--Mimiga Settlement--
BUBBLE SHOOTER UPGRADE. AND P-STAR. WEWT. I can now shoot 2x the 1 damage bubbles! And I also have unlimited 1 damage shots now! So awesome.

--Fishing Place thingy--
This place wasn't too memorable. I entered, talked to to the guy, and left. And I got another life capsule.

And that's as far as I've gone since I started playing, regardless of the spelling and gramatical errors.
And now I'ma gonna go finish it.
See ya.

Feb 11, 2007 at 12:21 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
lol why doesn't any one use the fat mimiga (the one thats eating all the time) as there main character sprite :rolleyes:

Feb 11, 2007 at 12:29 AM
Hoxtilicious
xristosx said:
lol why doesn't any one use the fat mimiga (the one thats eating all the time) as there main character sprite :o

I think its too big lol you must do assembly edit for it :rolleyes:

Feb 11, 2007 at 1:53 AM
Hoxtilicious
Well I've played it before a sec..
Very nice done!
First off all, some dialogs are umm, they need some "Enter" Keys :p otherwise its a bit confusing...
And I didnt liked some of them for example most of Jacks and Kings.
Well but I liked most of your map design, it was a real challenge to do everything with bubbler (rocket launcher and fireball follows :D) Egg Coridor was really nice; I liked the map design and the gameplay alot! Even the way you combined the upper way with the downer one it was pretty nice...
Almost Western Plains was a bit annoying but cool though.

But that "MALCO" thing was kinda crazy O_o Because MALCO is the Robot who was smashed by Balrog and not a power thing or something :p
The Dragon sisters made me swear they were too annoying I cant beat them :/ I had to use trainer but I just gave up at Eastern Wall... (It was too boring and annoying lol) But that "Clock Room" message was amusing.

Almost I noticed 2 bugs:

1. The music dont change if you come from Western Plains and go to the Mimiga thingie.
2. How to get the Life Capsule in sisters Room?! O_o

Well overall it was nice but sometimes it was way boring... I liked Egg Coridor alot :D

Feb 11, 2007 at 2:15 AM
ShInInG PhAnToM said:
But that "MALCO" thing was kinda crazy O_o Because MALCO is the Robot who was smashed by Balrog and not a power thing or something :p

*slaps forehead* I was wondering what Malco was >> <<

ShInInG PhAnToM said:
Almost I noticed 2 bugs:

1. The music dont change if you come from Western Plains and go to the Mimiga thingie.
2. How to get the Life Capsule in sisters Room?! O_o

1. The mimiga settlement's music IS the grasstown music. They both use the same tileset, so why not?

2. You'll see.

ShInInG PhAnToM said:
Well overall it was nice but sometimes it was way boring... I liked Egg Coridor alot :p

Thanks ^^. I'll fix up a few things later on, maybe after someone gets the Alien medal. (You'll get it if you finish the demo with everything)

Feb 11, 2007 at 8:42 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
wow just wow, this is a awesome mod ,im looking forward to when you finish
this ,it seems pretty well made
i wonder if you made this why didnt you make your own sprite :D lol

why is there breaking blocks in the outer wall :p

ztsmod.jpg

last room

its awesome gameplay

not much good story :p but oh well

this mod is as good as crowned witch

Feb 11, 2007 at 2:00 PM
-I didn't make my own sprites becuase I can't sprite (or at least sprite well)

-I put bust-blocks in the outer wall for a bit of decoration. I mean, do you really think the bust-blocks would always be in the open?

-By the looks of the screenshot, You didn't seem to want to explore too much. The map system is the 1st of the "misc. Items", and you can get it before you have to go to the plains.

-Thankyou for your input :p

(A quick side-note, a few items can only be found if you get ahold of the 6th weapon, which can be found somewhere in the Eastern Wall :p)

I'm surprised nobody has questioned King having a daughter, or who she may be. >> <<

Also, The extra door in the "Secret room" shouldn't be there. It was for me, and me alone, and it happens I forgot to delete it before uploading the game ><;

Feb 11, 2007 at 9:22 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Upper Grasstown is too hard. Not to mention figuring out how to get up there :p

EDIT: No wonder it was so hard. You were supposed to get the booster, not ride on the power critter :p

Feb 12, 2007 at 2:00 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
ShInInG PhAnToM said:
The Dragon sisters made me swear they were too annoying I cant beat them
lol
it took me like 10 trys to kill them but i finally got it,

also the outer wall took me awhile :p

Feb 12, 2007 at 10:42 PM
Well, nobody said my mod would be "easy". I was originally going to have it take place a-crown-before-Cave-story (And I probably still will, as I'd like the have a boss battle with thier "Master"), but I'm unsure of a Mimiga's life span. I'm also unsure of how long ago the 3rd crown took place in the Cave story world.

Feb 12, 2007 at 11:15 PM
Hoxtilicious
ZTaimat said:
Well, nobody said my mod would be "easy". I was originally going to have it take place a-crown-before-Cave-story (And I probably still will, as I'd like the have a boss battle with thier "Master"), but I'm unsure of a Mimiga's life span. I'm also unsure of how long ago the 3rd crown took place in the Cave story world.

Lol if you ask Pixel a question about he will surely say: "I leave that for the players imigation."

So I'am pretty sure its just up to us to make mods who are sequels :p
And everyone has his/her own option and imigation :D
So its up to you how long a mimiga lives :D

Feb 13, 2007 at 9:00 PM
Well then, I've decided. My Mod takes place about a year or so before the 'current' Cave story incedents. At this time, "Miakid" is the one with the Crown.

...Anyone feel like spriting him for me please? x.x (He's the statue the same size as the doctor, with the sword. If anything, the red crystal would be his sword floating around...)

I'd also appriciate it if someone could edit Curly's sprites to look like Toroko, please and thankyou :D (You'll never guess my plot twist... :p )

EDIT:
Here's something you can all be in awe with (No, i didn't use any cheap editor teleports, or anything like that)
diph.php

*Points at the player status*
Yep, I beat the sisters with 3HP and minimal Items!! ^^

Feb 14, 2007 at 4:46 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Oh i hope you're still around for tonight! I have EVERY single item except one heart container and I have no clue where to find it! IIRC it's the 3rd one when you get to the final room.

Also uh, not real sure how to mark spoilers so i'll just make my text black:

You are one sadistic bastard! The 2nd version of the Sisters was such a pain in the ass! I almost had to fight them as many times as Monster X in my 3HP run! >:o lol

Feb 14, 2007 at 6:49 AM
cowsarecoolXD
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"
I managed to get the life capsule on the dragon sisters before getting the booster by jumping onto the dragon sister and bouncing up onto the top part...
>_> Is that suppose to be possible? Being at the life capsule place on that map makes the fight ridiculously easy...

Fun mod btw : )
Totally gave up on the 2nd dragon sisters though -_-

Feb 14, 2007 at 9:45 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
ZTaimat said:
Yep, I beat the sisters with 3HP and minimal Items!! ^^

-_-
:o how long did that take you
what do you mean the 2nd sisters?

Feb 14, 2007 at 11:16 AM
Took me 10 tries or so... and trust me, a 20-ammo bubbler is no picnic, when 1 hit = death... Lets just say I'm surprised my keyboard survived XD

And by "2nd sisters" ... well, You need weapon #5 to get to them. (Weapon 6 is so worth it, by the way)

Also, heart #3 is in the "fishing spot" I beleave... head back to the mimiga settlement, and press down between the Map-system house, and the Laser-pellet house.

...I managed to beat the game with minimal items... so the ending screen was funny, with everything but 2 weapons there :o

Finally, If anyone wants me to, I can upload a 'fixed up' version of the mod. (<NOD's after every period, <WAI0010 after almost-every comma, NPC fixes, ect.)

ALSO:

Feb 14, 2007 at 7:43 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
alienmedal.jpg

>:3

Though, two things bother me...
The room where the Nikumaru(sp) timer is has a chest that says something about only opening for one with infinite power, and in the room where you get the booster .8 there's a door that's just "locked". D:

Feb 14, 2007 at 8:05 PM
- You'd get the counter later in the game, maybe after getting the booster 2.0, or having a good weapon inventory.

- The locked door will open later on, after other events-to-come. It'll lead to Plantation (or my version of it, at least).

*Pins a gold Alien medal to your shirt*

Status
Not open for further replies.