Help with the final boss(es)

Dec 17, 2009 at 2:33 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I've looked at guides, but i'm still having trouble beating the final bosses. Stupid to not have health in between.

Vs Misery i lose 10-25hp
Vs The Doctor i lose 5-15hp
Vs the Doctor 2 i lose 20-30hp[I use the life jar here usually]
vs The core, i'm dead lol.

any tips? Also should i KO sue or no? I think it's a good idea to leave misery for healthness. Also Weapon Reccomendations(Using the machine gun, no nemesis)

Dec 17, 2009 at 2:39 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
here are some tips:
for misery keep some distance from her when she attacks then run toward her
for the doctor boost over him as soon as he does the red wavy attack thing
for doctor2 you can shoot the bats as soon as they leave his hands
talk to chaco after defeating doctor's both forms
for the core i always killed both sue and misery before i killed the main boss
misery CAN be helpful but a few of her attacks can really mess you up

edit: weapons:
it really doesn't matter, but don't hoard your missiles

Dec 17, 2009 at 2:57 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Hmm, I always had more problem with doctor 1 than doctor 2 myself... I usually try and spam doctor 2 with attacks because he seems to have relatively low HP.

FYI, enraged misery won't attack unless you shoot at her, but Sue goes after you always (She's pretty easy to dodge though). For the core, probably just take out sue first, while focusing on dodging the core's projectiles, and then use your masheen machine gun to stay up on the floaty pod things and add bullets to his face when it opens.

Dec 17, 2009 at 2:59 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
The Artful Dodger

A lot of this comes down to platforming skills, you've got to be nimble and avoid as many attacks as possible.
Your priorities should be in this order:
1) Dodge all attacks
2) Then attack
It's better to slowly wear them down while making sure you don't lose health, if you're having troubles keeping your health up.
And, eh, sorta spoil-y:
Try to not use that Health Jar, you'll need it for later if you've got all the required stuff...

For Misery, I recommend using some sort of long ranged weapon {I typically use the Spur, but I'm not sure what you've got} to hurt her from a distance, so you don't get caught in those hallow orbs of hers. Make sure to always drop your attack when she unleashes those 3 bubbles that become lightning, so you can rush under {or above, easier with the B2.0} those to avoid damage, before attacking again.
Make sure you're always watching her attacks, too, so you don't get a surprise brick in the face. {'Nnoying as hell}

The first Doctor's rather easy, specially with the Booster V2.0. Simply shoot him until he teleports or he begins that beam attack. If he teleports, make sure the Red Crystal isn't coming towards you, or he might land on you/smack you with the flying Crystal. As for the Beams, make sure you're near him when he does that, so you can easily Booster over them.

Doc's Enranged Form is a little tougher, but it's easier if you've got either the Machine Gun or Spur. Simply do the same thing as last time, but keep more distance between you and him for when he charges. As for his massive bat spell, either get in front of him when he casts it and spam an attack/let loose a Spur Lazor, or hide in one of the holes in the ceiling by shooting down with the Machine Gun, and you should be able to whittle them down to a manageable level. {I hate the Machine Gun strat because of how time consuming it is, though. He could just cast another bat wave by the time you finish the last one}

The Undead Core's more of a challenge, of course, but you can make it really easy by knocking out both Sue and Misery {Though, I guess you could leave Miz for health, but you've got a good chance of killing yourself doing that}. Sue just hovers in the air, then spinball's in your general direct. Easy to dodge. Misery will ONLY attack if you shoot her first, so make sure you're aiming when you attempt to fire at the Core. The Core's attacks all vary, and will even change as you damage him. I can't remember them all, but just keep an eye on his facial expression. Make sure to hit the dirt when he opens wide for his massive beam attack.

Beside these general tips, it really comes down to how well you can dodge and maneuver.
Practice makes perfect, so don't be afraid to die 500+ times to make it.

Dec 17, 2009 at 3:11 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Thanks, i'm certainly getting closer now.

Also i'm not going for hell this playthrough, thats another playthrough i'll do later.

Dec 17, 2009 at 10:46 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
p90662-0-1241316205056.jpg

Dont get hit, and hit them more.
Repeat until you can do this lol
</useless post>

Dec 17, 2009 at 12:45 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Doctor part 2:
If you have the blade lvl2 then get on the far left ledge and spam fire at Date, he will go under in seconds.

Afterwards keep talking to the Mimigas until hearts appear before you fight the core. This will help you restore some of your health.

Dec 17, 2009 at 9:59 PM
Aand this morning i beat them. Thanks everyone! Now time for a hell playthrough.