Hell Freezes Over- First Ending (Dragon)

Oct 2, 2012 at 4:05 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
So. After http://www.cavestory.org/forums/posts/155987"]this[/url] thread went dead, I almost stopped. But, as always, hope remained. The first thing you need to do is to go to the Lower room below the plantation. You'll get the =Capacitor= (Booster's glasses until I swap the graphic) and eventually will get back up to the plantation. EDIT: I've made it possible to only access the stairway AFTER getting through the balcony transport. And for future reference, I label Profile.dat by:
A=Dragon ending, B=Sue and you jump ending C=Defeat Balos and then normal bosses with the capacitor D=Defeat Balos Beforehand and Save Everyone The letters will be in front of each download to annotate the ending(s) it has completed.
Also: I need someone to help me with a small amount of ASM hacking. I need a cutscene where the island rises instead of falls. This Is Critical to the remaining endings. Anyway, I will continue working on the 6th ending, aka B. (EDIT:The download now works. I suddenly realized I forgot to zip it :pignon2: ) Comments? Bugs? Sugestions? Help?...Please? All is welcome. By no means is this mod complete, bug free ect. I've got a couple years for this thing to be done. EDIT:Why must every stupid update thread end like this :muscledoc:
**** you mediafire
Here's the link @ dropbox...

Oct 4, 2012 at 11:41 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Downloading.... oh great its done. ill test it later. Trying to figure out why after i mod cave story my cave story stop working
EDIT:Wha? Its only a doukutsu.EXE. what do i do with this?

Oct 19, 2012 at 1:30 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Mincraft Pro:
It should work now. :) I forgot to compress the whole folder and not just the Cave Story Application.

Nov 7, 2012 at 1:18 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I tried it and so far, it's good. Although... you can't talk to kazuma after getting to the Outer Wall because there's 2 blocks blocking you. There's a couple door text problems that could be fixed along with the fact that you can go off screen in so many places that will mess you up. The living waterway can be shortened by using the booster underwater to bypass the shortcut jets that normally you can't go through. The Capacitor has some text going off the screen and it doesn't give you an option to equip/unequip it. The sparkling pot seems to not give you the item and also has weird text box issues as well. Also, you don't fight Misery, you just have to solve the little block puzzle. There's also music transition glitches. (Hearing Outer Wall on Balcony, hearing Run! throughout Plantation, A weird water sound effect i'm guessing from waterway) You should change the graphics of the beds to the recharge stations. Lastly, the one block that you have to shoot in the Balcony and the land above that takes infinite damage. I don't know what's going on, but you can still get past this.

Nov 7, 2012 at 3:01 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Well...
Where do I start...
<The blocks are there for a purpose. They keep you from going back up the stairway and up to the balcony after you've gone to another map. This forces you to go back through the Last Cave, reiterating the double boss fight
<This leads me to the sparkling pot. It's not supposed to be an item. See above
<Text issue will be fixed
<Yes, I do know it's possible to go off screen in the waterway Main Artery. That is a problem that will be fixed ASAP- Where else? The Balcony?
<Yeah, I know some text is messed up. It would really help if you could list them... ;)
<The Waterway booster thing is another easy fix.
<The Capacitor text would be another easy fix, but which text do you mean? The text that shows when you got it or when you look at it in the inventory?
<It's not a non-equipable item because I am simply too lazy to put in events that would happen if it wasn't equipped. Plus, it's such an important plot item to the rest of my mod that it should not be equipable.
[spoiler Also, in my mind, it would overload Quote's circuits if equipped...][/spoiler]

<The no-battle thing won't be fixed. If you fought the boss battles before the puzzle was solved, then the additional endings wouldn't exist and what would be the point of my mod
<Music will be fixed. I'm just not sure how well it will work in a library :eek: hold on I've got headphones that'll work
<The bed in the plantation room/entrance to the Capacitor Waterway? I think it could just be moved one block over so it doesn't hang out over the edge.
<The block puzzle is interesting, isn't it? Should I make the slanted block not take damage? And yes, you are supposed to glitch through it.
This is to keep you from using any other weapon besides the Bubbler L.3. I have oft found that that weapon is under appreciated.
For all to know, the First new ending is obtained by getting the Capacitor and then heading down to Kazuma and his Dragon only if the bad (Dragon ending) has been chosen.

Now is the time where a modder thanks his first tester
thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you
*GASP* so, so much. :orangebell:[/spoiler]

Nov 7, 2012 at 8:17 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
you have done well, it's good, really good.

a bit difficult in places, though

Nov 8, 2012 at 12:20 AM
<I see, but if your suppose to fall down to him via passage later, how are you suppose to talk to him then?>
<Okay, but it has some text issues>
<Okay>
<It's possible in the Plantation. Since your not suppose to have control under there, you can go backwards through the cutscene waterway and fall indefinably under the screen if you go too far. Along the issue of block problems, it's possible to get stuck in the block structure of Ikachan. In the Main Artery, there seems to be a lot of door problems. I'm not sure if this you can fix, but it seems weird jumping from one part of the place to another instantly>
<Okay, placing a block in the first waterway shortcut will fix it. Putting a/some blocks in the big part with the jelly's could mess it up and cause you to not be able to finish this place>
<The text when you look at it in your inventory. Along with that, the item description it was given was =Beast Fang=. (Which I find kinda funny) I was mentioning the equipping issue because on your old thread, it said something along the lines of "Equip? Y/N">
<Once again, the fighting the bosses was mentioned in your old thread. That's why I brought the thing up in the first place>
<Okay>
<Okay>
<There's also a bed in the outer wall that does the same effects of a regenerating machine.>
<You should fix the block taking damage. Otherwise people might think it's a bug. (I thought it was a bug) Glitching through the platform is okay as long as it doesn't break the game, which it doesn't>
I noticed text issues with doors in the Main Artery, the door underneath the plantation that leads back to the Living Waterway and the door and pot from the balcony and outer wall respectively.
*EDIT* I remember the Outer Wall having a large amount of saves, which I think is unnecessary. Having the one at the top of the hidden passage is good enough. (It's also a pain to have to walk through the passage area the entire time. Maybe you could make the passage 2 blocks high? Just enough to use booster V2.0 so you don't want to shoot yourself at how slow it takes to get through it.)
Overall, thanks for the responses. It helps me understand some of the slight bugs/errors you've made. You might want to make a big note of the changes you took from your old topic. (See the ones I said above)

Dec 9, 2012 at 5:24 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Okay...
UPDAYTE!
Changes:
  • Frozen Hell is now playable, but still with no plot.
Trans is in the plantation just above the door on the first
ladder/block/thingy used to get up to the statue chamber.
  • Added a new item that will be implemented in next update.
  • Fixed all (I hope) text errors
  • Figured out why Frozen Hell wasn't accepting solids after two weeks of work why world why
  • Tried to get the minigame to work, next update as well.
  • Discovered why some flag jumps make Ballos a whole lot less fun and beatable (for the record, I was using hax) I feel I might impliment this freak accident in the final boss fight [Best ending])
  • Also, there seems to be some statue chamber glitches, which I'll fix in the next update.
  • Removed the stairway in Outer Wall, it was structuraly (and plot line-aly) unsound, and
fell off the island. several miles down, where it finally hit,
it caused much chaos, including the creation of Chicken Little.
Woa. Just bridged the gap between Cave Story and the real world. I have to add that to my resume. :).

And for future reference, just to get people's hopes up
p158293-0-2u6pk4x.png

Dec 10, 2012 at 5:06 AM
Well, going through this I found a lot of new bugs.
  • When going through the waterway (The part with Ikachan specifically) when using the door, the screen goes pitch black and doesn't resume, preventing you from getting the capacitor. (I did find an alternate way. If you jump above the boost and boost on top of the box, you can walk on it. Continuing, if you jump and boost right, you can get to the part where the capacitor is.
  • If you use the grasstown save you included, the insta-death thing doesn't look to nice, but it did get your point across. Continuing from that save, (provided you got the second explosive) if you beat sacred grounds (the whole thing with the floor worked perfectly), the game ends. It also does a very buggy ending of the "4th ending". (Sprites are missing, inconsistency which, I get at the end)
  • When I used the Grasstown save, I tried to get the iron bond from curly, which required me to fight Ma Pignon. When I tried to enter the room he's in, I ended up teleporting to the one corridor where it leads to the Statue Room, Plantation and to Seal Chamber.
  • Outer Wall issues (This only applies when you try to get back to it from the Balcony, (which is impossible unless you get lucky, or use bubbler) it quickly shows something else, then sends you back to Egg 00 with the door leading to the Outer Wall missing.
  • The placement of the blocks for Frozen Hell is perfect, it's do-able, but when climbing the shaft, the camera glitches/bugs out and you can't see above you, making this feat really hard unless you know how to use booster good. (Also, it's possible to get up the entire shaft without using any hack/mod. I was able to get up using normal booster V2.0)
  • The save in Frozen Hell/Seal Chamber exists, so it's possible to save before Ballos, taking the challenge out of the entire place. (On an unrelated/related note, if you break the blocks in Frozen Hell, (The blocks where the 2 heart's are, A.K.A the second deleet) there's 2 spikes underneath breakable blocks and those are still colored red)
  • If you leave the Frozen Seal Chamber into the corridor and from there, go into the Statue Chamber, the blocks that lead to it (The ones that the heavy press goes through) respawn. My theory is, if you go into the Statue Chamber without heading straight to the Corridor, it will lock you out. (I haven't tested this yet)
  • When I was gathering the materials again for the second bomb, I forgot about getting a second gum base, but the dialogue after saying you needed another bomb glitched out, and he took the items (Even the non-existant gumbase I had) and created a second bomb. (I did have jellyfish juice and the second charcoal)
Inconsistency:
Using the Grasstown save gives you blade, but if you continue like I said above, It'll do the "4th" ending, but sprites will be missing and King will still be alive even though you have blade. Another thing, is when your in the middle of the "4th" ending, they'll ask "What's your name" It'll act normal, but at this point, you won't/don't know it's Quote, unless you've played though it already.(Because you don't remember it, and you can't feed Curly the Ma Pignon.) Another thing, is if you use the save given, (The save already named Profile) Everyone will be by the Rocket. I ended up doing something (I think it was getting the capacitor) and everyone except Momorin and Itoh disappeared.
There's probably some other mistakes, but these are the main ones I caught when I was playing though.

Dec 12, 2012 at 5:02 AM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
The downloads broken. Could you reupload? this mod sounds interesting.

Dec 14, 2012 at 1:58 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
liammillay said:
When going through the waterway (The part with Ikachan specifically) when using the door, the screen goes pitch black and doesn't resume, preventing you from getting the capacitor. (I did find an alternate way. If you jump above the boost and boost on top of the box, you can walk on it. Continuing, if you jump and boost right, you can get to the part where the capacitor is.
Yeah, I took out the "screen frame" and the doors. I made it more fun by making it a free-drift,
as if you were still traveling right like before...
If you use the grasstown save you included, the insta-death thing doesn't look to nice, but it did get your point across.
Insta-Deathtm moved to the deathtrap in Santa's House, to make it seem like the chimney's booby trapped. Also to justify why it was even placed there originally.

(On an unrelated/related note, if you break the blocks in Frozen Hell, (The blocks where the 2 heart's are, A.K.A the second deleet) there's 2 spikes underneath breakable blocks and those are still colored red)
Yeah... when I learn how to do entities, I'll fix this, along with the Deathtraps' color scheme and the island floating up.
Outer Wall issues (This only applies when you try to get back to it from the Balcony, (which is impossible unless you get lucky, or use bubbler) it quickly shows something else, then sends you back to Egg 00 with the door leading to the Outer Wall missing.
Fixed... though not quite sure how. :rolleyes:
Might have to do with the fact that I took out the staircase :mrgreen: Makes it that
much more fun, and you can loose track of where you are while falling and miss the wall
plus enables the minigame I'm planning, it won't have a prize untill the update after next, seeing I have to set events in each map for it to work. Gladly, I'll add the "skip minigame and prize" option that will stay in the mod, so you can test it or if you're in a hurry or done testing it.

When I was gathering the materials again for the second bomb, I forgot about getting a second gum base, but the dialogue after saying you needed another bomb glitched out, and he took the items (Even the non-existant gumbase I had) and created a second bomb. (I did have jellyfish juice and the second charcoal)
Working on this... will fix in next update.
If you leave the Frozen Seal Chamber into the corridor and from there, go into the Statue Chamber, the blocks that lead to it (The ones that the heavy press goes through) respawn. My theory is, if you go into the Statue Chamber without heading straight to the Corridor, it will lock you out. (I haven't tested this yet)
What you said was true. In the next update, the blocks will be gone,
with the (usually) correct assumption that the player beat the Heavy Press.

The save in Frozen Hell/Seal Chamber exists, so it's possible to save before Ballos, taking the challenge out of the entire place.
Yeah... umm... errr... *cough* It was there so I could work out the animations in the ballos boss fight cutscene and because I'm so lazy to go through it over an over again. I'll take it out when I've worked that animation out.
The placement of the blocks for Frozen Hell is perfect, it's do-able, but when climbing the shaft, the camera glitches/bugs out and you can't see above you, making this feat really hard unless you know how to use booster good. (Also, it's possible to get up the entire shaft without using any hack/mod. I was able to get up using normal booster V2.0)
Glad to hear it. You saved me another 15+ minutes of playtesting, like with the bomb in prefab.
Which, in an ingenious stroke of luck, I didn't animate quote at all. I simply used the walk sound in tandem with the beeping of the bomb, then animated the door. A little Occam's razor for ya.
When I used the Grasstown save, I tried to get the iron bond from curly, which required me to fight Ma Pignon. When I tried to enter the room he's in, I ended up teleporting to the one corridor where it leads to the Statue Room, Plantation and to Seal Chamber.
Rubyyoshi said:
Inconsistency:
Using the Grasstown save gives you blade, but if you continue like I said above, It'll do the "4th" ending, but sprites will be missing and King will still be alive even though you have blade. Another thing, is when your in the middle of the "4th" ending, they'll ask "What's your name" It'll act normal, but at this point, you won't/don't know it's Quote, unless you've played though it already.(Because you don't remember it, and you can't feed Curly the Ma Pignon.) Another thing, is if you use the save given, (The save already named Profile) Everyone will be by the Rocket. I ended up doing something (I think it was getting the capacitor) and everyone except Momorin and Itoh disappeared.
There's probably some other mistakes, but these are the main ones I caught when I was playing though.
Has to do with the save files. This doesn't happen in all the saves, as only a couple were from the save file download, and didn't have all of the Fourth Ending flags but had a few. I'm sure HaydenStudios didn't count on a player playing the fourth ending without actually doing so. :mrgreen: I'll fix the save files in the next update.

Dec 14, 2012 at 10:14 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
The Mediafire link won't take me to a download, it just shows a message about split archives.

Dec 23, 2012 at 5:43 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Should be fixed now.

Or so I thought^
Mediafire has evidently screwed me over, so I will no longer grace them with my presence.
I would rant, but why do that here when I could... *opens Word*
hmm...*cough*
Here's the download link