Hard Playthrough

Nov 22, 2008 at 9:03 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
All right, so I just beat the game with the good ending, and I was disappointed that I didn't go through Hell because I didn't know you had to meet certain requirements. So I did some research and found out some stuff but not everything, so could someone give me a checklist of the things I have to do in order to get to Hell, because I want to get there legitly.

Nov 22, 2008 at 10:38 AM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
rust45 said:
All right, so I just beat the game with the good ending, and I was disappointed that I didn't go through Hell because I didn't know you had to meet certain requirements. So I did some research and found out some stuff but not everything, so could someone give me a checklist of the things I have to do in order to get to Hell, because I want to get there legitly.
Basically all you need to do is get Booster 2.0 (ignore prof. Booster in Labyrinth) and make sure Curly Brace survives and regains her memories (get Tow Rope before Labyrinth, drain water from her, kill Ma Pignon). And, I'm just curious, but what would mean getting to Hell non-legitly?

Nov 22, 2008 at 4:33 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
And, I'm just curious, but what would mean getting to Hell non-legitly?

profile hacking, duh

Nov 22, 2008 at 6:42 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
T-Jack said:
Basically all you need to do is get Booster 2.0 (ignore prof. Booster in Labyrinth) and make sure Curly Brace survives and regains her memories (get Tow Rope before Labyrinth, drain water from her, kill Ma Pignon). And, I'm just curious, but what would mean getting to Hell non-legitly?

So where is the tow rope, I'm not sure where it is, also, how do you drain the water from her? And how do you fight Ma Pignon, because I don't remember
fighting it. I know, I don't know much.

Nov 22, 2008 at 7:40 PM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
Tow rope is in the Core room.

You drain water from Curly in the Waterway cabin (check the computer).

You can only fight Ma Pignon if you've meet the first two requirements of saving Curly and Booster.

Nov 23, 2008 at 5:05 AM
Well I got to Hell(yes today, I have too much free time), I would not have if you guys had not told me. The farest I've gotten is to the giant heavy press.

Nov 23, 2008 at 6:10 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
First of all, welcome to the forums.
Second, welcome to Hell.
Third, more of a side note, it's "farthest" or "furthest" instead of farest. Build up 100+ posts before we start any law-forbidden flame war anyway :p
Fourth, in relation to the third, hey it's just one day (or less?) and you made it there? Cool dude. Anyway this is such a discouragement but you're not even halfway through that Hell of a place dude.

Nov 23, 2008 at 7:30 AM
I know how long Hell is, and I did just make it Ballos, but I died shortly after, even after I used my life pot. Anyway, thanks for spelling farthest for me, I just couldn't remember how to spell it and firefox didn't know what I wanted to say.

Nov 23, 2008 at 10:16 AM
This Troper
Yeah, Hell is always tricky to newcomers. Don't worry, you'll get used to it. Oh, and by the way, which weapons do you have?

Nov 23, 2008 at 3:26 PM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Ballos 1 is easy once you get used to his attack pattern and know when to jump, fire, etc.

2 requires less agility but you're likely to lose a lot of HP here in your first few tries. That being said, he's easier than 1 if you have the spur. Just jump onto his ears with a max charge and blast it into him. Repeat.

Ballos 3 is easy as long as you judge the gaps between his eyes correctly when he's rolling through the ground. You're supposed to destroy all of his eyes here, btw.

4 is near impossible if you don't end it quickly. You'll need *alot* of HP remaining in that case and even then you might get owned by the butes pretty easy. The best way to do it is to jump on the spot you used in his second form and blast away with all your super missiles. You'll need to have at least 14 points on you to try this though.

Nov 23, 2008 at 4:47 PM
This Troper
My usual way to kill Ballos 4 is to take Spur (or other PS substitute), jump on the platforms to the left to Ballos and stay there as long as they turn counter-clockwise, turn away from him and have Curly shoot in between the eyes ('s bad when they bounce around). I usually kill him without getting hit and before the platforms start rotating clockwise. Only once did I use the Rush-Through-And-Blast-Him-With-Rockets and it ruined my perfectly good Curly title screen.

Nov 23, 2008 at 9:25 PM
T-Jack said:
Yeah, Hell is always tricky to newcomers. Don't worry, you'll get used to it. Oh, and by the way, which weapons do you have?

I have the spur, super missiles, fireballs, bubbler and nemesis. I always have some trouble leveling up the super missiles so I mostly use the spur and nemesis.

Nov 23, 2008 at 9:53 PM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
You can get it halfway through level 2 in the first room (the Super Missiles I mean).

Nov 27, 2008 at 5:13 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
someone should make this thread a sticky-it's kind of annoying to see a new person asking how to get to hell practically every time you log on.