Halp, can't find the last puppy

Jun 28, 2008 at 5:50 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Sand Zone-
I've got 4 puppies in the old ladies house, but she hasn't given me a way to get into that building. I've looked everywhere for another puppy (she told me there was one more). I can't find it. Have I hit a glitch?

There's a chest I can't get to. It's above and to the right of the room in the ceiling that's about halfway through the lower sandzone. I've jumped all over the place in that room up there, but I can't get to the chest. It's still locked. I tried getting to it from the top area of sandzone, but I didn't see a way in.

Also, I haven't figured out how to float with the machine gun. I've tried aiming down and firing, but I don't float.

Jun 28, 2008 at 6:02 PM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Have you noticed anything strange in the Sand Zone? Anything to do with peculiar looking tiles?

Also, you float with the MG if you hold fire while looking down when you're in the air.

Jun 28, 2008 at 6:10 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I've noticed tiles with pawprints. There is supposed to be a puppy near them. I wasn't looking for tiles when I first went through. I found puppies, but I guess I didn't find them all. There are pawprint tiles near me now and I can see that locked chest. I can't get to the room it's in. It's above me and behind sold wall.

Don't worry about spoilers at this point. I just want to know where this puppy is.

Jun 28, 2008 at 6:20 PM
Okay
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
First Question: Have you took the puppy inside Curly's house ?

Jun 28, 2008 at 6:27 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I took the puppy to the old lady's house. I don't know where curly is. I'll have to look at the map. I also went to the martini house with the girl and the sleeping thing.

I don't float when I look down and fire the machine gun. I fall. Is that something Curly teaches me? And I have no puppies at this point since I dropped them all off. Oh no. Does this mean I've missed some important step and now I can't go on?

Jun 28, 2008 at 7:08 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
So I guess the martini house is Curly's house. I've talked to everybody there and I don't remember, but if there was a dog in there that would come with me, he already has come with me.

What's the deal with the sleeping thing that wants fish? Am I supposed to bring it a fish? I tried bringing it jellyfish juice, but it wasn't interested.

Jun 28, 2008 at 7:25 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Any idea what's wrong? I can't go any further in the game unless I get the last dog. I can't get to that chest in the celing and obviously I know about shooting out certain tiles.

Jun 28, 2008 at 7:36 PM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Yello Mello Lemony Terd said:
I took the puppy to the old lady's house. I don't know where curly is. I'll have to look at the map. I also went to the martini house with the girl and the sleeping thing.

I don't float when I look down and fire the machine gun. I fall. Is that something Curly teaches me? And I have no puppies at this point since I dropped them all off. Oh no. Does this mean I've missed some important step and now I can't go on?
I think you mean the dog at the dark house. Use the friggin map system and you'll find both the way to the house, and also what to do once you're inside.

Jun 28, 2008 at 7:48 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
No. I got the dog in the dark house. I found all the hidden ledges and avoided the room with the sand gator. I got that dog and brought him to the old lady.

There's a chest in the ceiling. It's east of this spot. It's around the middle where the crows are sitting on the flying skulls, but it's up above and to the right of that room in the ceiling with the save.

p40457-0-cs09m.jpg

Jun 28, 2008 at 8:19 PM
Okay
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Yello Mello Lemony Terd, give me the save file so that I exactly know which dog you missed.
- Locate the file "Profile.dat" and upload it to me. Or use the attachment system with your post.

Jun 28, 2008 at 9:15 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
How do I upload it to you? I don't see any attachment thing with the forum posts.

While looking through my doukoutsu folder I noticed that I have two profile.dat's. I have the game installed and a doukoutsu folder within it that has another install I think. That may be the problem.

Jun 28, 2008 at 9:19 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Go to the house where you return the dogs, from there, leave and head to the area with the skeleton things and the breakable blocks just to the right, there's a pawprint block slightly up and to the right, just below where the blocks opened after you defeated Omega. I think that's the one you're missing.

Jun 28, 2008 at 9:33 PM
/end
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
First list off the puppies you already have in the order you got them.

Jun 28, 2008 at 9:48 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
I'm pretty sure that the one puppy Yello Mello Lemony Terd (thank you, Ctrl+V Ctrl+C) is that one hiding in the chest, ie. the one Grim described way to. In other words, right under the sunstones there is a row of destructible blocks. There is also a block with pawprint on it. You need to get to it, walk through it and keep walking to the right. After a while, you'll get to a chest and a life capsule. The dog is in the chest.

Also, in order to be able to fly with the machinegun, you need to get it on lvl 3.

Jun 28, 2008 at 10:08 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
That's it! That was the one I missed. I went right by that block half a dozen times.
Thanks.