HACKER9

Aug 26, 2008 at 2:05 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Bugger me!!! What a find!

If that is a mod of Cave Story, then its a bloody elaborate hack! But there are so many similarities between it and Cave Story that it couldn't really be anything else.

I watched the movie on that webblog, and I must say that I'm impressed. It looks professionally made and the enemies look interesting as well. (I especially love the helicopters and tanks. :) )

I too wish it was translated, but I doubt it will receive enough attention for that kind of treatment. :(

Aug 26, 2008 at 2:37 PM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I think it IS a Cave Story hack. Notice the Polar Star?

God damned. I want it translated too!

Aug 26, 2008 at 3:00 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
No, that's totally wrong.
It's not a Cave Story hack.

Aug 26, 2008 at 4:00 PM
Been here way too long...
removed cuz i was stoopid back then

Aug 26, 2008 at 4:05 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
S. P. Gardebiter said:
No, that's totally wrong.
It's not a Cave Story hack.

Wtf?

Then what issit? It's very much like Cave Story...

Aug 26, 2008 at 4:36 PM
Hoxtilicious
Don't be silly. It's not a hack, that's impossible, the size is a total different one.
Now really, it's not a hack I'm 99,99% sure. :)

Aug 26, 2008 at 4:45 PM
Luls
S. P. Gardebiter said:
Don't be silly. It's not a hack, that's impossible, the size is a total different one.

Time to fight for what's left of your reason. That MEASELY 0.01% of reason you have left to think that this is a CS mod.

C'mon! Have you forgotten all about RuneLancer? Mebbe this could be another h4xX0r G3n1U5? :(

Aug 26, 2008 at 4:55 PM
Aug 26, 2008 at 5:02 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
S. P. Gardebiter said:
Don't be silly. It's not a hack, that's impossible,
Impossible? Would you care to elaborate?

S. P. Gardebiter said:
the size is a total different one.
:( What do you mean by size? Again, elaborate.

S. P. Gardebiter said:
How can you be anywhere close to being 99.99% sure if all you've got to go by is just a webblog, a website that most of us don't understand, and the game itself, which may or may not have been assembly hacked. I mean, were no strangers to such hacks.

Aug 26, 2008 at 5:13 PM
Hoxtilicious
KK, you newbies.

1. The file size is MUCH smaller, I'm not talking about 400 kb here and I'm talking about a MB. Rune's exe was just compressed, this exe isn't.
2. The whole way it loads files and the fileformats themselfes is different.
3. There are other files.
4. It produces different errors, than Cave Story.
5. The engine is NOT the same.
6. Other sound system.
7. Hacking is NOT easy, changing the engine that MUCH is nearly impossible.
8. It uses some kind of "SkelletonDLL", means it uses different DLL files... <_<
9. In fact if you look at the error message you will notice it is programmed with C and not a hacked Cave Story.
10. Just using a Cave Story like engine and a Cave Story like style doesn't mean it's a hack or mod, it's really naive to believe that.

Edit: My theory is, it is a self programmed sequel to Cave Story, on the videos it looks like it's a predecessor though, seems like to be the "great war".

Aug 26, 2008 at 5:41 PM
reading this makes me mad...
I used to use capitals, ya know!

Aug 26, 2008 at 5:47 PM
Hoxtilicious
Lace said:
Care to provide evidence against the title?
It is clearly called by the creator a "Hack" If the creator said it was, why wouldn't it be? Besides, a cave story mod does not neccesarily mean a mod of the cave story that you and I have, to me, that hack looked a bit more like the beta.

It's a own game and not a hack, because it isn't based on the Cave Story engine. How should the creator get access to Pixel's Beta? There is no way, because Pixel preffers closed source. Hack is just a dumb title, it could mean everything, there are a few games in japan called hack and these are not hacks. It's an own game, the creator programmed it himself.

Lace said:
And about hacking itself, sure it's hard to do assembly, but if you can do as much as Rune did, you can probably do more. It's like counting. Once you can count to a hundred, you can count to any number beyond that.

No. I know what things Rune did and how, but THIS isn't possible, you would need years for that. Speaking of knowledge, do you even have enough hacking knowledge to indentify it as a hack/mod?

Aug 26, 2008 at 5:55 PM
Aug 26, 2008 at 6:05 PM
Luls
Eh SP I don't see why you should resort to calling people names you know...

Just because you have quite a lot more knowledge in the hacking field doesn't give you credit to call us newbies...

Wtf has come over you?

Aug 26, 2008 at 6:15 PM
Hoxtilicious
It drives me crazy that people who have no knowledge are arguing over something which is ridiculous because it isn't true. All clues forebode that this isn't in fact programmed and not a hack.

It makes me sad that people think everthing which is in the same style like Cave Story is in fact a hack.

And there will be NOONE who would make a hack like this, because you're much faster if you programm it yourself.

You should think realistic.

I can programm a Cave Story clone in like 2-3 days if I programm non-stop <_<;

Aug 26, 2008 at 6:30 PM
grumblebutts

Aug 26, 2008 at 8:35 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Huh...I wonder if it was a bad idea for me to start this thread -.-;;;

Aug 26, 2008 at 8:57 PM
Hoxtilicious
Lace said:
Your problem isn't that you are not smart, you are, it is that you get all worked up about the smallest things. For instance, some people thinking that this is a hack. We have stated our reasons, in fact, it has been posted on the board where I first learned about it that this is A CAVE STORY MOD. We DO NOT think that EVERYTHING like cave story is a MOD or HACK, and we do not have NO KNOWLEDGE, we were just LOOKING at what WE KNEW, and making a SCIENTIFIC DECISION.

ROFL of course, just because it looks and feels like Cave Story. JTE done a simular thing as well as the guy from the Underside. That's not really a scientific decision, I don't think you read my post, it doesn't use the Cave Story engine, because of several reasons. Just look at the error messages, hell, it looks like clean C++ or C. Actually you appear to have like no hacking knowledge and with hacking I mean assembly. You should start to think about it in a realistic way. Actually you seem to be one of the guys who think they have 'knowledge'. See, I'm here for like 3 years and being a mod like 2. I really should know about Cave Story hacking and how the engine works.

Lace said:
You are also JUDGMENTAL. Based on one or two things, you make decisions or get ideas THAT ARE NOT TRUE, BIASED, AND IRATTIONAL.

Said the hypocrite.

Lace said:
Evidently, some clues point to it being a new game BUT NOT ALL DO. DO NOT IGNORE EVIDENCE, or call people DUMB becasue you IGNORED it.

Even if the guy would say himself he hacked it I wouldn't believe it rofl. The assembly code and the structure is just too different. He even uses compressed files.

Lace said:
I agree that it MIGHT be a new game or it MIGHT be a hack. I am not TRYING to have an argument over NOTHING. In fact, I suggested a possible solution (contact the creator) which you COMPLETELY IGNORED!

I call Bullshit. Tadashi is not online so I can't ask him to translate it.

Lace said:
I agree with Metalogz. What the f*ck has happened to the person skywelse made an administrator?

Actually I get the intention Metalogz just acts like this because I banned him. Tough I'll got kinda harsh yes, as I were before.

Lace said:
You know, last week I contacted runelancer, because I was having a it of difficulty with my mod. He Said:

I thought he was being stupid, but now that our own administartor has stooped to nothing short of trolling, I'm starting to think that he was right.

Trolling? I never trolled. Anyway:

[quote name='RuneLancer's PM']Good luck on your future hacking projects, SP.[/QUOTE]

O'rly? Was it really because of me? Weird he contacted me then. He maybe never came back in the first place if I didn't contacted him with my email address. Anyway I know his reasons.

Lace said:
Look, If something happened to you to make you behave this way, I'm sorry, however it is not our fault, so get a hold of yourself and stop trolling.

So you think a admin is trolling his own users? Really sicko to believe that. Anyway what you might mean is "flaming". But you are flaming me as well then.

Lace said:
This was meant to be a constructive post about Hack 9. Instead, we turned it into just another spam thread. This is what we need to AVOID if we want to keep these forums alive. I know that I in part caused this, but we NEED to STOP. Back on topic please.

We are discussing Hack 9 actually, this isn't a spam thread. I think you don't get the whole point of whats spam and whats not.

Aug 26, 2008 at 9:30 PM
Vanished.
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
At the moment I'am really unsure 'bout it, cause every site list it as mod.
I found that Game yesterday while surfing for Linux Games and read through the comments... many people talking about "Sequel" or "Pixels New Game" wich I can't belive :/

I'am so confused and wanna play it :) So pleaaase where the DL at that weird Site? X_x

Also...

What is that?
Health Bars?

diph.php