God?

Jun 23, 2009 at 12:57 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Sad, isn't it? Luckily God has a much smaller ego than you.

Jun 23, 2009 at 2:41 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Captain Fabulous said:
Also, guys, trying to explain God with science is a bad idea. Because any all-powerful god could warp the laws of science to hide himself, and that's the kind of god Uncy Dave was talking about.
But who says that a god wouldn't exist under those laws?

Captain Fabulous said:
New Stargate series. I'd watch it.
It wouldn't fit with the stargate series' storyline since in stargate Ra is one of the Goa'uld and not an all powerful sun god.

It would have to be a new series. Actual Egyptian gods + sci-fi = awesome.

The idea would be that an expedition into the sun ends up crossing the Ra network by accident..

..and winds up on a planet being controlled and oppressed by the god Seth who seeks the power of Atum to return the universe to its original primordial chaos. 3/4 of the pilot episode happens on the planet, of which I am not listing all of the events from. An alien priest hides the key of Atum aboard the Sun Explorer. The Humans attempt to ride the Sun Explorer along the Ra network again, hoping to return to Earth. They end up even more lost. Seth steals the memory of the key's location from the priest's mind. Seth's worshipers and Seth himself start searching for the Humans from the Sun Explorer. The Humans receive a message from Ra telling them that their first use of the network was Ra reaching out for a God near Earth to help stop Seth, the Second was to protect the key as he claimed he would continue to do. Ra uses his power to hide the Sun Explorer from Seth as well as giving some overly cliche final words before disappearing. Then it cutscenes back to the previous world where you can see Seth's worshipers departing the planet by ship in search of Sun Explorer, before finally seeing the large form of Seth racing at the screen. Credits roll.

So basically the worshipers are the bad guys and Seth is the giant immortal big bad of the show. Think Stargate + Everworld.

I got carried away there. :D

Kageryushin said:
If I were God I'd be so epic and badass on some backwater forums somewhere that I would garner a large following and be worshiped as a God and "the man" on said forum.

Oh wait.
All hail lord Kage! :D

Jun 23, 2009 at 3:08 AM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
God is dead.
I killed him.
He was 3 feet 4 inches tall and was wearing a red Letterman jacket at the time of the omnicide.

Jun 23, 2009 at 4:02 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
DragonBoots said:
God is dead.
I killed him.
He was 3 feet 4 inches tall and was wearing a red Letterman jacket at the time of the omnicide.
Did he bleed Kool-Aid?

Jun 23, 2009 at 5:49 PM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
T-Jack said:
Did he bleed Kool-Aid?

No, he didn't bleed.
I severed his spinal cord.

Jun 23, 2009 at 10:02 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Captain Fabulous said:
Luckily God has a much smaller ego than you.

Considering my status, that is a contradiction. Of course, I would expect such things of you considering your average display of intelligence. It's not very surprising.

Jun 23, 2009 at 11:42 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
DragonBoots said:
God is dead.
I killed him.
How is that possible when Kage is still posting? :p

Jun 24, 2009 at 4:12 AM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
andwhyisit said:
How is that possible when Kage is still posting? :D
Elementary, dear Watson. That happened before Kage became God, and that happened only becase DB killed the current (at the time) one. Curse you, DragonBoots! It is your fault that we have to put up with Kageryushin's antics. Uhh, I mean, KAGE IS THE MAN! Eh heh...

EDIT: I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I've never done this before! *sob*

Jun 24, 2009 at 8:54 AM
Justin-chan
You need size 7 and the Century Gothic font.

Unless... you are a spy?!

Jun 24, 2009 at 7:00 PM
Been here way too long...
SPY CHECK!
p72484-0-medfire.gif

And that's why God is a Pyro.

Jun 24, 2009 at 7:10 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I would make sure there is no disturbance affecting the structure of the universe.