Getting stuck, indefinably.

Sep 30, 2012 at 10:47 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
It is possible to get stuck forever and having to restart. Luckily, it's near the start of the game, but it's only possible if you know skips and explore far too much. Skip the fireball by skipping the first Jellyfish juice, (The one you use to get past Chaco's fireplace) then turning on the fans without the fireball with the knowledge to get the items. (You checked the door to find out it's rusted shut) This causes Santa to say the dialogue with the charcoal. Chaco just says "Have you seen that scaredy-cat Santa yet" because she doesn't know if you've seen him yet. She does know that if you have the fireball, you've seen Santa. So yeah... Who found this out before I posted about this?

Sep 30, 2012 at 11:20 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Everybody. Please use the search function BEFORE posting again, or the wrath of Noxid will be upon you.

This is such an easy thing to find that a preschooler could do it. It's known as the Chaco's House skip glitch. Pay attention.

Sep 30, 2012 at 11:42 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
This person might be new to Cave Story, and this discovery may be entirely new and amazing to them. No need to get so hostile, bro. p:

Sep 30, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
It's known as the Chaco's House skip glitch. Pay attention.
No it's not. This is the first time I've heard the phrase. I've also never done this in-game.

Oct 1, 2012 at 3:04 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
We never really gave it a name.

Oct 1, 2012 at 7:03 AM
Little Bitch in Sheep Clothing
"..."
Cavestuck

Oct 1, 2012 at 7:47 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
I think it's a fairly well known glitch, but it's only present in the original PC version I believe. Nicalis fixed it for all of their releases (at least the ones I've played).

Oct 1, 2012 at 9:08 PM
The Preacher
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
This person might be new to Cave Story, and this discovery may be entirely new and amazing to them. No need to get so hostile, bro. p:
Yeah I can agree with your point dasu, but still, this is yet another thread that adds nothing really since the glitch is already known. It kinda gets annoying after a while.
But then again, I shouldn't speak about that because I'm an intolerant bastard.

@Ruby: good job for having found this glitch by yourself, it's true that it is the only way (that I know of) to really get stuck in CS, and that shows to what extent this game was well designed.
But yeah you should try to do a little search before, maybe you could have found it mentioned somewhere.

Oct 1, 2012 at 10:18 PM
The Eternal Darkness
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
You learn something every day, I guess. Until now I never even knew of this glitch.

or the wrath of Noxid will be upon you
*quivers in fear*

Oct 2, 2012 at 3:00 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I never heard of it either...until now
Sorry for the 1-liner