Gan's Browser Based HTML5 Game Maker

Sep 7, 2013 at 9:45 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
DISCLAIMER: I did not make this tool, it is a free program made by user Gan of the Game Maker's Garage forums. He integrated it into that website so you need a forum account to save projects online. If you have a question about using the tool, or a bug report, please bring it to him. Thanks.

The HTML5GM (I know it's a brilliant name) is a browser game making tool designed with simplicity and ease of use in mind. I really wanted to get the word out about this program because my friend Gan put a lot of time into it and it has potential as a useful tool for beginners as well as more experienced programmers. The whole thing is browser based and has it's own syntax and useful built-in functions and you can add graphics and sound you've uploaded onto the web. You can also send people links to your compiled game. It's even got Box2D integration available for physics in your game.

If you want to try it out, just make an account on http://www.gamemakersgarage.com/forum/ and then visit the HTML5GM link at the top of the page.
There's a tutorial link on the HTML5GM page and feel free to post on the GMG forum if you need help with it! Remember, it's still rough around the edges so all feedback is greatly appreciated! :) I believe Gan is also taking feature requests...

You can in fact integrate javascript into your code if you want to, or you can directly edit the source code for the game, so there's added flexibility for people familiar javascript.

Screenshots!

p173281-0-pp8perh.png

Some of the interface:
p173281-1-k1xabxd.png

This is a physics game I'm working on:
p173281-2-tqppmsk.png

Sep 7, 2013 at 4:40 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Whoa. This is pretty neat. I should give this a try when I'm not lazy..

Sep 7, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
You have achieved to peak my interest.

I shall look into this, and either way I hope your friend Gan does well with this.