Gamemodes from CS+

Jan 26, 2015 at 11:58 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hello folks! :)
Last time i've buy on steam CS+ but when i load game, it crashes. So I have question. How can I import gamemodes from CS+ in CS?

Jan 26, 2015 at 12:44 PM
Perpetually out of it
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Jan 26, 2015 at 1:12 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Only way to play them is by mods but no one will start to make mods based of something already done in CS+

Jan 26, 2015 at 1:15 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Main issue: Cave Story+ is commercial. So legally, I don't think you can port the other game modes from it.

Also.. if the version crashes from Steam, you should probably try reporting that, so they can fix it.

Jan 26, 2015 at 2:36 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Ok i thought it is possible. Somewhere here i saw program to port CS mods to CS+ (like 4th ending). So i thought it can port in the second way. But thanks for reply.

Jan 26, 2015 at 3:05 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
It actually would be possible to port the CS+ challenges the other way around to the freeware version, it's just that nobody has decided to do this because the practical use would be very narrow, and the legality of distributing such ports is questionable. It wouldn't be too hard, though. You'd just need to appropriately match some rooms with certain configurations to ones used in the CS+ challenge so that the mapdata in the EXE will line up with said challenge's stage.tbl file, change the filenames of some of the maps to those used in the CS+ challenge, and replace the files in the freeware installation's stage folder with those of the CS+ port. And also do any necessary graphic editing.

In the case of Wind Fortress, though, fully replicating it would be problematic since the Curly clones and G-Clone boss are entities exclusive to CS+.

Jan 26, 2015 at 3:34 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
q3hardcore said:
try reporting that, so they can fix it.
They won't.

Jan 26, 2015 at 4:22 PM
Off-screen redemption arc
Steam's "Support" is just waiting 5 months, then pressing ctrl+c and showing you the troubleshooting page that you looked at before you made your ticket in the first place.

Jan 26, 2015 at 5:39 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
ok ok.
I have one question yet. Where can I find full list of mods to normal CS?

Jan 26, 2015 at 5:41 PM
Off-screen redemption arc
The mod showcase would be a good place to start, but beyond that idk you're gonna have to look really hard