Game Ideas

Apr 16, 2011 at 4:28 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Just, put your game ideas here. I thought about a Super Smash Bros. RPG.

Apr 16, 2011 at 4:49 PM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Cave Story prequel (called Cave Story 0). Will be about the mimiga wars, and will NOT be from King's perspective (idea already taken:chin:).

Apr 16, 2011 at 8:39 PM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I wish for a sidescrolling shooter with a metroidvania-style map and game progression, an EXP and level-up system like the recent 2-D Castlevanias, mixed with a weapon and ammo system similar to Borderlands.

It's on my "games to make if I'm ever 1337 enough" list.

Apr 16, 2011 at 8:43 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Ermm Path of Ruin did that but think all links have been removed :/

Apr 16, 2011 at 10:26 PM
A old relic from older days
"..."
Get this. You're a member of Congress, right? All the world is going to hell, and it's up to you to put your political powers to the test and stop the upcoming nuclear holocaust (or intentionally speed it up if you want to be an ass). You decide whether you approve of bills or not, then try to convince others to agree with your decision. It plays a bit like Phoenix Wright.

Apr 16, 2011 at 11:31 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
A game in which you dig up materials and combine them to form strange items, some of them useful some of them not. Plus with many unique enemies and random events.

Apr 16, 2011 at 11:39 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
WoodenRat said:
A game in which you dig up materials and combine them to form strange items, some of them useful some of them not. Plus with many unique enemies and random events.

Minecraft RPG?

Apr 16, 2011 at 11:49 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
I'd love to see an arcade shooter game for the wii, with a gun thingy sold with it so you could shoot at the screen. It would graphics like the ones you see in the house of the dead.

It would have to be incredibly difficult and involve giant mechas, zombies, and huge monsters, just to make the throwback complete.

Apr 16, 2011 at 11:59 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Captain Fabulous said:
Minecraft RPG?

Something like that, but 20x content.

Apr 17, 2011 at 4:32 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Alright, here's my idea... a first person stealth/action game.

Your a biological weapon that is capable of transforming organic matter into anything. That means, if you find a fish, lobster, or another human, you can absorb them and gain matter.

Matter has two uses. 1- health 2-source of weapons and ammo. So, you may have to choose between high firepower and alot of health.

Also, since your a biological weapon, you can abuse your powers to scare the crap out of the military forces that are trying to contain you. Say, instead of absorbing one soldier, you cut him in half and let one half drop out of an air vent in front of his buddies. BAM, they're scarred and run AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE.

I'm still developing the idea for now though.

Apr 17, 2011 at 6:14 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Retro Menace said:
Your a biological weapon that is capable of transforming organic matter into anything. That means, if you find a fish, lobster, or another human, you can absorb them and gain matter.

Matter has two uses. 1- health 2-source of weapons and ammo. So, you may have to choose between high firepower and alot of health.
A good indicator of an alot's health is the sheen of its coat.
Anyway. Your idea of transforming your enemies' matter into your own tools, weapons and armor sound great, but keep in mind that having a lot of health and low firepower is a good way to get bored easily. BUT I have a feeling that the upgrades would be totally player-manipulated, with no level-up system that calculates stat improvements, which means the player would choose not to have a low-DPS tank.

I think the real power of this idea comes from using matter to interact with your environment, like the terrorism example you mentioned (By the way, soldiers are trained to not run away from dead things, but it was a good idea nonetheless). The health/firepower/whathaveyou upgrade system sounds like RPG elements in a sandbox game.

This opens up a lot of creative ways to overcome obstacles. You can use matter to make yourself more powerful, or more stealthy, or more poisonous, whatever. You can create decoys, or traps, or a friggin hang-glider made of skin.

This is a really cool idea, thanks for sharing it.
(inb4 Prototype)