Future Tribute Sites/Projects

Apr 19, 2006 at 3:47 AM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
I've been thinking of expanding the GameFlaws site a bit more by working on adding a few more tribute sites, which of course opens more variety in terms of discussion for these sites at this forum.

This is all of course relative to the time I have available to make them and many of them may not be quite as labor intensive as the Cave Story site, but I do want to make them interesting. These tribute sites, or shrines, whatever you want to refer to them as will be for the following so far:

Crystalis - NES/GBC
Panzer Dragoon Series - Saturn/Xbox/GGear
Genso Suikoden Series - PSX/PS2/GBA
Ys Series - PC/MSX/Famicom/Master System/SNES/Genesis/Saturn/PCE/x68000/PS2
Xak Series- MSX/SFamicom/PCE/x68000
Game Creator Legends - A site that focuses on various great game creators or ones that should be noted with biography information, previous works and accomplishments, et cetera.

And possibly later,

Zelda Series
Castlevania Series
Mega Man Series
Metroid Series

All though, these are more mainstream and many sites exist out there that already complete and honor these series quite well, so perhaps and perhaps not. Only time will tell. I would like to stick with games that are less known about.

-SkyeWelse

Apr 19, 2006 at 5:49 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Crystalis and Ys :o mmmmm Those are the ones I know and love~
crystalis.jpg

Sounds like a good idea, Crystalis reminds me of Cave Story in several ways; [the main character, silent; the mystery around them, some animal like people; I guess the rest is different but :)] I'm all for it :p

Maybe I'll find some way to contribute when I make some time~

Apr 19, 2006 at 1:48 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Thinking about it, yeah you're right about that. Without giving too much away about the story of Crystalis, the two protaganists are very alike in their underlying purpose that they come to realize by the end of the game. And the animal characters as well, wasn't there a talking rabbit race and a hidden village that they all lived in? The many weapons you could get that could charge up to level three and blast your enemies with a more damaging move...

*Starts to wonder if Pixel got any ideas about Cave Story from "Godslayer" the Japanese version of Crystalis. *laughs*

-SkyeWelse