Fuck shit, my laptop just restarted itself!!

Jun 24, 2010 at 2:59 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
GOD DAMMIT! It just restarted itself, after I ran the flash8 install and closed it. It has to be what's causing it. I won't discuss where I got the install from. Anyways I was just minding my business reading dontevenreply.com when SHIT FUCK FUCK firefox start minimizing itself for a few times, and so did skype. Then it logged me off of there and the whole system restarted itself. The "preparing to shut down" text was shown for relatively longer time but man I'm freaking the fuck out right now.

Running a full system scan with Norton, but that shit probably won't find anything I'd bet 10 dollars on that. Shit if my dad finds out about this I'm fucking dead. He's always extremely paranoid about viruses "NO JOHN DONT DOWNLOAD FIREFOX UPDATES THEY MIGHT BE VIRUSES!!!" and "NO JOHN WE MUST SCAN THE COMPUTER AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!". So if I tell him this only God knows what'll happen.

Help guys.

Jun 24, 2010 at 3:01 AM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzttttt!!!!!
"Keep on rollin'!"
Go get this: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

It will get a hell of a lot more crap than Norton ever will. Also, Norton sucks balls, despite the fact that I am stuck with it. Once it's subscription runs out though, I will be getting a much better one.

Also, your dad is a bit of an idiot. Not downloading Firefox updates will make your laptop even more susceptible to viruses than it already is.

Jun 24, 2010 at 3:02 AM
Pirate Member
Alright man, I'll try that...I guess my dad was right about me being an idiot downloading random torrents :/

One day you feel invincible, the other your laptop shuts himself down in the head.

Jun 24, 2010 at 3:31 AM
Pirate Member
Yeah downloaded it. Scanned everything, it didn't find anything.

Would it be a good idea to delete the install which was probably causing all this or would that only make things worse?

Jun 24, 2010 at 3:43 AM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzttttt!!!!!
"Keep on rollin'!"
Get rid of the install. Ya don't need it, it apparently didn't work. And using it again would mostly likely only worsen the situation.

If anyone else has any ideas, feel free to say something, cuz I'm all out.

Jun 24, 2010 at 3:49 AM
Pirate Member
Yeah I deleted it, but before that I turned of my internet just in case. Hopefully it was nothing.

Why didn't I listen to my father!?!?

Jun 24, 2010 at 3:57 AM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzttttt!!!!!
"Keep on rollin'!"
Well, generally downloading what you did is a bad idea, since Flash is so prized, it's easy to trick others into downloading something that may look like it, but is often not.

Live and learn is what I say. Be a bit wiser of what you choose to do from now on, mmkay?

Jun 24, 2010 at 3:58 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
What operating system are you on?

(xp, vista, 7)

Jun 24, 2010 at 4:54 AM
Pirate Member
windows 7.