FortressCraft

May 17, 2011 at 11:21 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Yeah, it's exactly what you think it is. It's an indie game on the Xbox 360 that is, right now, MineCraft Classic. It cost 400 Microsoft points ($5, I think) The graphics are more modern compared to MineCraft (and it looks pretty cool at first, but MineCrafts start to look better once you get used to both of them). It is only on Chapter 1 right now, and updates for the first Chapter are still coming, with Chapter 2 in progress. It lets you use your avatar as your player, plus you can go into third person view and taunt (but very unnoticable). One key difference between these two games is that in FortessCraft you can collect 'relics' which make the game more fun and easier. Here is a list of them and what they do:
-Speed Boots: Move faster
-Jump Boots: Jump higher
-Jetpack: No gravity (Free-roam)
-Nightvision: Makes everything green
-Ray Gun: Tool for griefing (Only lets you delete and deletes at a rapid rate)
-Water Walk: Allows you to walk on water
-Head Light: Extra visibility in the dark
-Freeze Tag: Mode which turns off editing and allows you to play a game where you shoot eachother back and forth, basically tag.
-TNT Detonator: Allows you to place TNT which detonates in seconds automatically, destroying a small chunk of land.
Another key difference is that FortressCraft is very glitchy. You can get stuck in blocks frequently, blocks randomly dissappear, and loading times for blocks dissappearing can take many seconds. Also, when guests join servers that are 'Join Only' (Not 'Join AND Edit') they can still edit.
Well that's the end of my small rant on FortessCraft, now you can complain on how MineCraft is waaaay better, and stuff.

Their website is: http://www.fortresscraft.com/

And here are some pics:
p126458-0-fortresscraft.png

p126458-1-fortresscraft.png

p126458-2-fortresscraft1300x137.jpg

p126458-3-fortresscraftxbox360.jpg

May 17, 2011 at 11:47 PM
Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Minecraft is waaaay better, and stuff.

But honestly, this just looks like Minecraft with an HD texture pack and WildGrass.

May 18, 2011 at 12:04 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Well of course you can make a good game if you just copy an existing one and hire some graphics designers.

May 18, 2011 at 12:31 AM
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
"All your forum are belong to us!"
DANG IT!These people suck they're game is a rip off.They suck the should be banned from the internet this game sucks and is so BORING i hope they die in a fire (okay the die in a fire part isnt true).

May 18, 2011 at 12:49 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Marx said:
DANG IT!These people suck they're game is a rip off.They suck the should be banned from the internet this game sucks and is so BORING i hope they die in a fire (okay the die in a fire part isnt true).

lol, you seem quite mad. The creators did say that, even though they did rip off MineCraft, they are trying to take as little ideas from Minecraft.

Oh yeah, in latter chapters there is going to be PVP, Cart Systems, Crafting, etc. :p

Ollie said:
Minecraft is waaaay better, and stuff.

:J

May 18, 2011 at 1:19 AM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
damn it marx learn to be more coherent

Darn! The people who made this game are horrible; it is a blatent copy of minecraft save for a few differences, and a total rip off.
RAAAAAAAGE

which is pretty much my position on the matter as well

May 18, 2011 at 1:27 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Bah, who cares?
It won't be as popular as Minecraft, and it's the Xbox users' loss.
Plus it kinda sucks, I played it at a friend's house...

May 18, 2011 at 1:30 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
cultr1 said:
Bah, who cares?
It won't be as popular as Minecraft
True, but it is the most popular Indie Game (on Xbox) right now, so who knows how popular it can get when they release those next chapters?

May 18, 2011 at 1:37 AM
A old relic from older days
"..."
I haven't actually played FortressCraft, so maybe it's not 100% fair for me to pass any real kinda judgment, but I don't like some of the relics available. Part of what makes Minecraft appealing is its minimalistic technology. Most everything at your command is very low-tech (we're talking iron age here), save for implements of redstone. But even then, redstone is a bit more thoughtful and takes some thinking to implement a meaningful design. Stuff like the raygun and jetpack sound like they're very out of place, cheap toys thrown in for the hell of it.

May 18, 2011 at 1:40 AM
Member Title
Tpcool said:
-Jump Boots: Jump higher
-Jetpack: No gravity
-Nightvision: Makes everything green
-Ray Gun: Tool for griefing (I'm not kidding)
-Water Walk: Allows you to walk on water
-Freeze Tag: Mode which turns off editing and allows you to play a game where you shoot eachother back and forth, basically tag.
-TNT Detonator: Allows you to place TNT which detonates in seconds automatically, destroying a small chunk of land.
Another key difference is that FortressCraft is very glitchy. You can get stuck in blocks frequently, blocks randomly dissappear, and loading times for blocks dissappearing can take many seconds.

Jump boots: Fly mod
Jetpack: Fly mod
Nightvision: SDK nightvision mod
Water Walk: Fly mod
Freeze tag: SDK gun mod/ arena, but you die, not get tagged
TNT detonator: TNT
Same glitches

Minecraft has everything after the colon, along with all the same glitches.

May 18, 2011 at 1:42 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Cave Story said:

You don't understand.
FortessCraft just feels totally ackward to play.
MineCraft feels smooth, and it works.

May 18, 2011 at 1:46 AM
"..."
Cave Story said:
Jump boots: Fly mod
Jetpack: Fly mod
Nightvision: SDK nightvision mod
Water Walk: Fly mod
Freeze tag: SDK gun mod/ arena, but you die, not get tagged
TNT detonator: TNT
Same glitches

To be fair, I don't think mods should count, since they aren't official and not everyone has immediate access to them.

May 18, 2011 at 1:49 AM
Been here way too long...
Cripplechair said:
Part of what makes Minecraft appealing is its minimalistic technology. Most everything at your command is very low-tech (we're talking iron age here), save for implements of redstone. But even then, redstone is a bit more thoughtful and takes some thinking to implement a meaningful design. Stuff like the raygun and jetpack sound like they're very out of place, cheap toys thrown in for the hell of it.

Good thing it's not Minecraft, then. I don't think it's fair to complain about how it's copying Minecraft and then complain about how it's different. FortressCraft isn't going for the survival and adventure part of Minecraft, it's going for the industrial and creative side. It will also have technology beyond the iron age (FYI, redstone officially runs on magic), because it's not Minecraft, it's FortressCraft.

I will not be buying FortressCraft because I already bought Minecraft. That would be sort of a redundant purchase, especially considering I'm not a fan of Dwarf Fortress either.

May 18, 2011 at 2:05 AM
"..."
Captain Fabulous said:
(FYI, redstone officially runs on magic)

Function-wise, that's still more advanced than iron-age technology, it's implementation is practically the equivalent of electricity. Nitpickings aside, you do have a point.

May 18, 2011 at 10:07 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Pictures

Well, I got a picture of my creations I've crafted so far.
Nothing really to brag about since I have every relic...
HNI_0074.jpg

May 18, 2011 at 10:33 PM
Member Title
Cool picture, the Quote looks exaclty like the one I made in minecraft :rolleyes:.

May 18, 2011 at 10:52 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Cave Story said:
Cool picture, the Quote looks exaclty like the one I made in minecraft :rolleyes:.

The thing is, someone griefed my structures (thanks to the 'Join Only' glitch) so I had to redo most everyone D:

May 18, 2011 at 10:57 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
That looks gay as shit.

May 18, 2011 at 11:15 PM
Member Title
If we're still on the topic of Minecraft-like games, you guys should see this YouTube video advertising a game called Terraria. I know someone alredy created a thread about it, and from my experience playing it, I would describe it as a mix of Chrono Trigger and Minecraft (the outcome is very good).